Alun Armstrong

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Vodka_Vic
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Alun Armstrong

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue May 21, 2019 4:40 pm

Wonder if it'll be Tommy Wright.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue May 21, 2019 4:49 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 4:40 pm
Wonder if it'll be Tommy Wright.
I said TW would get the Kidderminster job when we found out he was leaving.

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Tue May 21, 2019 6:07 pm

It looks like Darren Holloway is on his way out of Blyth too!

Alfie

Post by Alfie » Tue May 21, 2019 6:23 pm

Garry Thompson new player manager at Bradford PA

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue May 21, 2019 6:34 pm

Bower to Kiddy?

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue May 21, 2019 6:51 pm

Bower to Kiddy?

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue May 21, 2019 7:16 pm

Big gamble by Bradford. They've gone from having a very good proven manager to one trying his hand in management for the first time. It's a tough league to be starting out in and it wouldn't surprise me if they start to decline after a couple of great seasons.

Feethams 1966

Post by Feethams 1966 » Tue May 21, 2019 8:55 pm

Was it just me but did anyone else think our new manager (in his interview) bore a passing resemblance to MG?
I thought you could stick them both in an identity parade...

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Wed May 22, 2019 6:55 am

Best of luck to alun. Once in contention for jobs at both gateshead and hartlepool and clearly has ambitions. Hopefully he will reach the next level with darlington
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed May 22, 2019 7:53 pm

I'm amazed that nobody has bothered to mention the Northern Echo article this morning, that Steve McClaren was involved in the final say and was one of the people at the second interviews. wow.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed May 22, 2019 7:55 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I'm amazed that nobody has bothered to mention the Northern Echo article this morning, that Steve McClaren was involved in the final say and was one of the people at the second interviews. wow.
Wasn't it well known that a North Eastern based manager with experience from higher up the league's was involved? I remember reading about it weeks ago with some speculation that it would be McClaren.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed May 22, 2019 8:00 pm

Spyman wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 7:55 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:I'm amazed that nobody has bothered to mention the Northern Echo article this morning, that Steve McClaren was involved in the final say and was one of the people at the second interviews. wow.
Wasn't it well known that a North Eastern based manager with experience from higher up the league's was involved? I remember reading about it weeks ago with some speculation that it would be McClaren.

I still think it's amazing that an ex-England manager was involved in the final selection of our manager. I thought he might have had some input, but not to be involved in the end interviews.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Wed May 22, 2019 8:34 pm

Is the dutchman on be board now? I know he had aspirations to be involved with a club behind the scenes as opposed to been a manager
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Wed May 22, 2019 9:25 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 8:00 pm
Spyman wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 7:55 pm

I still think it's amazing that an ex-England manager was involved in the final selection of our manager. I thought he might have had some input, but not to be involved in the end interviews.
TBH McLaren is sat at home so he was probably keen to get involved. On a personal level a nice guy but I’m not a huge fan of Steve he has generated lots of cash where he hasn’t been successful and I’m not sure what he really knows of teams at our level except from watching us twice a season.