Reece Styche

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_CR
Team Supported: Darlington

Reece Styche

Post by Darlo_CR » Wed May 22, 2019 8:22 pm

He’s been given permission to leave Alfreton, they’ve said that they’re in “deep into concluding negotiations for his fee” and a move looks near.

Do you reckon he could end up back here?
Last edited by Darlo_CR on Wed May 22, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theoriginalfatcat

Re: Reece Styche

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed May 22, 2019 8:22 pm

Yes.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Wed May 22, 2019 8:34 pm

No. Don’t see how we could afford the fee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Wed May 22, 2019 8:36 pm

Or his wages and travel expenses.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed May 22, 2019 8:38 pm

He’s already agreed to join Hereford who are splashing the cash.

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Wed May 22, 2019 9:18 pm

Agreed a few weeks ago to go to Hereford. There’s no way we could afford his wages with new budget. Attraction of AA is he can work wonders with a small budget, hopefully he can but we won’t know until Sept/Oct at the earliest so let’s just get behind him.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed May 22, 2019 10:07 pm

quakersfan wrote:Agreed a few weeks ago to go to Hereford. There’s no way we could afford his wages with new budget. Attraction of AA is he can work wonders with a small budget, hopefully he can but we won’t know until Sept/Oct at the earliest so let’s just get behind him.
I do love this idea Armstrong was working with a “small” budget at Blyth. Quite the assumption people are making.
In reality, it was a lot larger than people think (hence why they’re cutting back and selling players), but I guess that doesn’t fit the narrative.

If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Thu May 23, 2019 6:11 am

Pretty sure it’s more a case of AA having his own players in mind to sign within our budget.

Whisper it quietly but managers usually have a slightly wider remit than fans who’s radar mainly just covers ex players as signing targets....

bga

Post by bga » Thu May 23, 2019 8:13 am

I have never understood the "Love in" some fans have with this player. He was a good but certainly not a great player, was not here long enough. I never thought he was as loyal as some made out. I heard he fell out with TW and was not popular in the Dressing room. Apart from 4 years at Forest Green, in the other 9 years, he has had 15 clubs, 16 if he now moves again. What does that tell you about him, make your own minds up I have?

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Thu May 23, 2019 8:51 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:07 pm
I do love this idea Armstrong was working with a “small” budget at Blyth. Quite the assumption people are making.
In reality, it was a lot larger than people think (hence why they’re cutting back and selling players), but I guess that doesn’t fit the narrative.
Armstrong was certainly working with less than he will get at Darlo, that's what people mean really.

Even if he was getting the same at Blyth as he will at Darlo, he's already proven he can get a good team together without throwing silly money around.

A bit of an upgrade on Tommy, who had a competitive budget and signed a bunch of heartless fannies with it - and paid them so much individually that we had barely any players - who can forget the 5 16 year olds on the bench scenario when we had 4 or 5 injuries? Jesus, Armstrong only needs to be able to walk in a straight line and be able to breathe in and out, to do a better job than TW did.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu May 23, 2019 9:41 am

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:51 am
Darlogramps wrote:
Armstrong was certainly working with less than he will get at Darlo, that's what people mean really.
Don't think they do. Some people have convinced themselves Armstrong was working with a small budget at Blyth.

That's why they say things like "He worked wonders with a small budget at Blyth."

As for TW, well it'll come as no surprise that I agree with you about him!

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu May 23, 2019 10:19 am

Darlogramps wrote:
quakersfan wrote:Agreed a few weeks ago to go to Hereford. There’s no way we could afford his wages with new budget. Attraction of AA is he can work wonders with a small budget, hopefully he can but we won’t know until Sept/Oct at the earliest so let’s just get behind him.
Be that as it may, i bet he was working with a smaller budget than Tommy was last season.

Styche adding to his never ending list of clubs I see. I like the guy, but he never stays anywhere very long does he?

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Thu May 23, 2019 11:51 am

Having finally cut our links with Tommy W I think we should start looking ahead - Styche was an occasional star in a dull team - but it's no good depending on one guy. I suspect A A will be more likely to take a wider view of how to put a team together.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu May 23, 2019 12:01 pm

H1987 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Be that as it may, i bet he was working with a smaller budget than Tommy was last season.
I don’t doubt it, but this idea he had a tiny budget and worked miracles with it at Blyth is incorrect.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Thu May 23, 2019 12:05 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:01 pm
H1987 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
I don’t doubt it, but this idea he had a tiny budget and worked miracles with it at Blyth is incorrect.
Ok, we get it! Just don't go on too much about it otherwise you'll have turned yourself against AA by the time we've lost our first couple of matches.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu May 23, 2019 12:55 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:01 pm
H1987 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
I dare say that's reason to be optimistic, no? You can manage it if you try really hard, i'm sure ;)

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu May 23, 2019 1:05 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:05 pm

Ok, we get it! Just don't go on too much about it otherwise you'll have turned yourself against AA by the time we've lost our first couple of matches.
Don't be daft. I'll give him at least 10 matches :lol:

Would just point out though, that although I called for Wright to go very early on, I was proven to be correct. Since he left, everything has become a lot optimistic.