Gateshead

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

LoidLucan
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Gateshead

Post by LoidLucan » Wed May 22, 2019 2:22 pm

So what was all that about with these crackpot owners? They come in, rack up some debts, sack virtually everyone, piss off all the supporters, refuse to sell to Dunphy and then finally accept £25K to bugger off. No doubt they'll still pass the fit and proper person test next time they surface when Brad says he's finally handing over his club to respectable new owners :D .

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Wed May 22, 2019 4:15 pm

Good news for Gateshead, but can't understand why Dunphy wants to get on board?

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Wed May 22, 2019 7:18 pm

LoidLucan wrote:So what was all that about with these crackpot owners? They come in, rack up some debts, sack virtually everyone, piss off all the supporters, refuse to sell to Dunphy and then finally accept £25K to bugger off. No doubt they'll still pass the fit and proper person test next time they surface when Brad says he's finally handing over his club to respectable new owners :D .
No one will ever know there game or the motives being “stupid woman” peter grant going in league with them as he has a north east based business so it will have done his reputation no good and doubt he got anything financially out of it. Lets hope wannabe manager dave dickson is given the boot too. Alot of iffs and buts but it seems that cala and co are gone and whilst a few of those involved at the moment have never owned a football club they know a dam sight more than cala and them. I have never known owners cause so much havoc in only a few month since taking over for seemingly little financial gains
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri May 24, 2019 4:06 pm

Big trouble ahead for Gateshead. Suspended from the league and refused a licence for next season.

In essence, unless they can resolve their ownership problems, presumably before the league AGM, they won’t be playing in the National League next season.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Fri May 24, 2019 4:25 pm

Worrying times but no doubt Dunphy will step in now and bail them out with whatever funds are necessary.

If he can't/won't, or it's gone beyond the point where he can help - I hope they can reverse the payment of that 25k?

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri May 24, 2019 4:31 pm

That's effectively put the final nail in the coffin of the current club and this fan who put up £25k may have been shafted. They've got no staff, no players, no ground, debt and no league to play in. It's all over and whether a new club can start again in the Wearside League remains to be seen.
Last edited by LoidLucan on Fri May 24, 2019 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

divas

Post by divas » Fri May 24, 2019 4:33 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 4:25 pm
Worrying times but no doubt Dunphy will step in now and bail them out with whatever funds are necessary.

If he can't/won't, or it's gone beyond the point where he can help - I hope they can reverse the payment of that 25k?
Ownership had already been reversed yesterday. Varghese now owner again.

Reading between the lines maybe a deal was agreed with a caveat depending on the outcome of the league hearing which took place the other day and as a result of being kicked out of the NL the deal was void.

Feel sorry for their fans - this is the sort of stuff we’re very familiar with

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri May 24, 2019 4:42 pm

Coming up with funds won't matter now. The punishment for multiple breaches of League rules includes being kicked out of the National League. So looks like Aldershot will be reprieved.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri May 24, 2019 6:18 pm

They're being relegated two divisions and will start next season with a 9 point deduction. It's hard to see them starting next season, this could be the end of the current Gateshead team.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri May 24, 2019 6:21 pm

divas wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 4:33 pm
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 4:25 pm

Ownership had already been reversed yesterday. Varghese now owner again.

Reading between the lines maybe a deal was agreed with a caveat depending on the outcome of the league hearing which took place the other day and as a result of being kicked out of the NL the deal was void.

Feel sorry for their fans - this is the sort of stuff we’re very familiar with
It's the not knowing and being able to move on that causes the problem. If they knew whether they could take over club in National League, Evo Prem or start again in Northern League at least they can move forwards.

The waiting and messing about can kill the club just as much.

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Fri May 24, 2019 7:52 pm

Sadly cala has the money paid for the club that was not refunded when the ownership was revered. On what ground they have to still claim ownership when contracts were signed beats me. No doubt that basted de stefano whos dad is also a bent lawyer is helping with the fraud. The basteds will cling onto the club as long as possible for badness like everything else they have done this season and will probably exist as a piece of paper until the creditors get them wound up whilst stopping a phoenix club forming for next season. These crooks made george Reynolds look good.
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Fri May 24, 2019 7:53 pm

Ps apologies for language

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri May 24, 2019 8:10 pm

No need for apologies. We all know what it's like and how angry it makes you to see people destroying your club before your eyes for no motive and being able to do nothing about it.

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Fri May 24, 2019 8:49 pm

I get if theres financial motives like a load of players to sell, stadium etc but not the case at gateshead. Never mind fa fraud squad should be involved. Makes ya loose all faith in football. Think it will be ground hopping for me next season and just enjoying a few beers and no long journeys.

divas

Post by divas » Sat May 25, 2019 12:04 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 6:18 pm
They're being relegated two divisions and will start next season with a 9 point deduction. It's hard to see them starting next season, this could be the end of the current Gateshead team.
9 points were deducted from this season’s total, not next. I expect that’s the least of their worries

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Mon May 27, 2019 7:48 am

So called gateshead manager claims to have a 3 year contract. Not sure what he or the journalist writing the article have been smoking

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon May 27, 2019 8:10 am

shildonlad wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 7:48 am
So called gateshead manager claims to have a 3 year contract. Not sure what he or the journalist writing the article have been smoking
I bet he won't be there 3 years :lol: Who is the manager of Gateshead now, as there have been that many changes, phoenix club, etc, so it's hard to keep track of all the changes.

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Mon May 27, 2019 11:04 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
shildonlad wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 7:48 am
I bet he won't be there 3 years :lol: Who is the manager of Gateshead now, as there have been that many changes, phoenix club, etc, so it's hard to keep track of all the changes.
Dave dickson, one of the most deluded men in football. Got the job as reserve team manager due to lending the owner 5k. He is now a manager of nothing yet he appears in the Sunday sun every week on about getting players for next season. Now hes suddenly claiming he tried to buy the club last year

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed May 29, 2019 11:25 am

Cala once again claiming he has sold the club and admits that he stopped last week's sale out of spite because people were being nasty to him. Reckons all will be sorted by the appeal on Friday.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Wed May 29, 2019 2:24 pm

All will be revealed alright, unfortunately for the gateshead fans they will not be a club as such, this cala is an absolute clown claims he sold the club only to stop the sale because someone called him a nasty name, what an arse hole he is, the FA should be able to drive a bus through his shenanigans, I really feel for the faithful fans of Gateshead, another clubs true supporters shafted by another unscrupulous owner, or was he.,???

Darlogramps

Gateshead

Post by Darlogramps » Wed May 29, 2019 2:31 pm

onewayup wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 2:24 pm
All will be revealed alright, unfortunately for the gateshead fans they will not be a club as such, this cala is an absolute clown claims he sold the club only to stop the sale because someone called him a nasty name, what an arse hole he is, the FA should be able to drive a bus through his shenanigans, I really feel for the faithful fans of Gateshead, another clubs true supporters shafted by another unscrupulous owner, or was he.,???
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know if that was intentional or not, but it made me laugh.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Wed May 29, 2019 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Wed May 29, 2019 4:22 pm

Its intentional.

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Wed May 29, 2019 6:17 pm

He said he was going to liquadate the club due to folk been nasty with him but decided against it as a local business man now wants to buy it which means it can only be trevor clark, one of his henchman near the back end of last season. Cala saying about liquidating the club definitely proves he is the owner yet the fa are still saying nowt. There was only fans protest and players unrests after he owed players wages and did one of his many sale blocking for no apparant reason. Its puzzling why he blocked the last sale and apparently returned the money to the supporter wanting to buy the club. Its all bizare and i would love to know what gateshead have done to him. Whats happened at gateshead is another example of a man banned from football getting in by been a shadow director. Worst owner in football, must be

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri May 31, 2019 1:55 pm

Gateshead Soul tweeting that they have been saved at the last hour. Cala must have agreed to sell the club then.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Fri May 31, 2019 2:15 pm

I can't really follow this story, to be honest. I hope it works out for them, but it's ridiculous the FA can't step in at some point.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri May 31, 2019 3:34 pm

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri May 31, 2019 5:45 pm

They say they will now appeal against the decision to suspend them from the National League but as i understand it that was punishment for multiple breaches of League rules. The breaches occurred and all you can now do is offer up mitigation and offer to put things right. Will the League rescind the punishment on the basis that the club had bad owners when they occurred but now have good people in place who will do the right thing? We'll have to see.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Fri May 31, 2019 9:23 pm

I don’t think that argument will work and I don’t think it’s ever worked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:08 am

LoidLucan wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 5:45 pm
They say they will now appeal against the decision to suspend them from the National League but as i understand it that was punishment for multiple breaches of League rules. The breaches occurred and all you can now do is offer up mitigation and offer to put things right. Will the League rescind the punishment on the basis that the club had bad owners when they occurred but now have good people in place who will do the right thing? We'll have to see.
I thought the fine and points deduction was for the past offences.

The suspension etc I thought was because they didn't comply with rules for next season re ground security & financial security.

I understand from other sites the appeal is not to be heard for 14 days, by when the League AGM will have taken place, so it may be that it's too late to help Gateshead as the membership of leagues is decided at the AGM.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:11 am

H1987 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 2:15 pm
I can't really follow this story, to be honest. I hope it works out for them, but it's ridiculous the FA can't step in at some point.
The ownership of a company is determined by the Companies Act and is not something the FA can ignore. Effectively the FA don't have any power re ownership of a company other than to expel a club from its competitions.

Fans expect the FA to act in ways they legally are not able to do