Help before I become as bad as him !!!!!

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

EDJOHNS
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:00 am

Gawd above help.

I am getting caught up with the crass madness that is Darlo Gramps.
I am genuinely not a violent person but this guy does my head in with the distainful manner in which he speaks to everyone who has the audacity to disagree with him even when he blatantly changes what has been said.
Is it possible to block a member so you can't see their drivel?
I really do not want to respond to the loon but he really gets my goat.

Ps, if not, admins please check out the possibility of adding such a tool to the site.

Darlo_Pete

Re: Help before I become as bad as him !!!!!

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:39 am

EDJOHNS wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:00 am
Gawd above help.

I am genuinely not a violent person but this guy does my head in with the distainful manner in which he speaks to everyone who has the audacity to disagree with him even when he blatantly changes what has been said.

Ps, if not, admins please check out the possibility of adding such a tool to the site.
In recent time Gramps does seem to wind people up in the wrong way, even more than I do, haha. I don't think there is anything that stops you seeing a poster posts that you disagree with. But if such a device could be installed on here I'm sure it would become popular. Over many years I've developed a pretty thick skin and it takes a lot to get me winded up, I just let it wash over me, unless it becomes an offensive targeted attack on me. If you find something offensive you can press the I tab near the top of the post and that reports it to the administrator who will investigate it and if necessary delete the offensive post.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:27 pm

I know that Pete, I reported that post the other day on the rugby post and it was removed quickly.
I am not violent but that man makes my blood boil. Always turns what is said and goes off at a complete tangent as in I said he was wrong about the FA not having any power and it turns into I want to bankrupt a club and put people out of work and the due diligence which I point out is like saying you can't sell a house without checking out the new owners won't get an asbo and it turns into a dog loving issue !!!
And of course he walks away at the end protesting he has done no wrong.

That is only the second time I have commented on something he has commented on because he is always the same, and both it turns silly. Basically means I can't comment on any post he does. Not leaving a lot is it !!!!!

shawry

Post by shawry » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:36 pm

You can set ignore for posters.

I'd question the validity of any statement that begins "I'm not violent,but" as it sounds almost like "I'm not racist, but" and my experience of people using that phrase would indicate otherwise.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:38 pm

I reported a poster on here that was continually having a go at me and he has posted since.

darlodaz

Post by darlodaz » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:13 pm

You are correct he is a f**king idiot.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:02 pm

It’s an Internet forum, don’t take anything personal.

Aye it can be frustrating at times with posters and what opinions they have, but don’t take them to the heart.

Need a thick skin mate :thumbup: Let it go over ya head. Or in Spen666’s case, tell them to fuck off whilst ignoring whatever they’ve said.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:12 pm

AndyPark wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:02 pm
It’s an Internet forum, don’t take anything personal.

Aye it can be frustrating at times with posters and what opinions they have, but don’t take them to the heart.

Need a thick skin mate :thumbup: Let it go over ya head. Or in Spen666’s case, tell them to fuck off whilst ignoring whatever they’ve said.
Have you not noticed I have paraphrased you to Fuck off Gramps :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:15 pm

shawry wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:36 pm

I'd question the validity of any statement that begins "I'm not violent,but" as it sounds almost like "I'm not racist, but" and my experience of people using that phrase would indicate otherwise.

How do I set that please.

100% genuine. I am not violent. at 69 it is exactly 50 years since I last had any sort of fight, but that man really does get to me with the way he twists things and puts everyone else down

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:18 pm

shawry wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:36 pm

How do I set that please. Edit, have added him to Foes. Is that correct?

100% genuine. I am not violent. at 69 it is exactly 50 years since I last had any sort of fight, but that man really does get to me with the way he twists things and puts everyone else down

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:43 pm

Love this. EDJOHNS failing to take someone giving it back at him, so sets up a thread to bitch and then runs away from anything I say.

He makes threats of violence against me, repeatedly uses foul abuse and then pretends he’s the badly done to one when I slice open his weak arguments.

Gives an insight into the thin-skinned, narcissistic bully’s character.

Anyone who hurls profanities and uses the phrase “I’m not violent but...” needs to be given a wide berth.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

OHDFC

Post by OHDFC » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:40 pm

But you can't take it either can you? You were called out for hypocrisy on the Gateshead thread but instead of defending yourself you accused me (incorrectly) of hypocrisy and claimed (twice) that I have a vendetta against you.
For the avoidance of doubt I find someone complaining about comments about his mental health calling someone else a madman hypocritical.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:54 pm

OHDFC wrote:But you can't take it either can you? You were called out for hypocrisy on the Gateshead thread but instead of defending yourself you accused me (incorrectly) of hypocrisy and claimed (twice) that I have a vendetta against you.
For the avoidance of doubt I find someone complaining about comments about his mental health calling someone else a madman hypocritical.

Still banging on about it? Crikey you need a life.

For the avoidance of doubt, I find it weird for someone to be more interesting in pointing out a hypocrisy, rather than condemning the abuse itself. That’s why you’re also a hypocrite and that’s why I think it’s clear you have a vendetta. Particularly as this is the second time you’ve brought it up, but mention nothing about the worse stuff that goes on.

What you also did was take everything out of context. EDJOHNS launches a foul-mouthed tirade, followed up by threats of violence. Saying that sounds like a madman (which it does), is not comparable to the direct and sustained attacks on my mental health. Mine was a quip on EDJOHNS’ behaviour. Tezza’s attacks on me were an attempt to put someone down using mental health (which seemingly you find acceptable, as you’ve on multiple occasions passed up the chance to say otherwise).

So maybe there is a touch of hypocrisy on my part, but the fact you see this as a greater issue than EDJOHNS’ threats, and the attacks I’ve had in the past, speaks volumes about you. Like I say, I think there’s clearly an issue you have with me, and you’re more interested in scoring points than anything else.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:15 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:54 pm
OHDFC wrote:But you can't take it either can you? You were called out for hypocrisy on the Gateshead thread but instead of defending yourself you accused me (incorrectly) of hypocrisy and claimed (twice) that I have a vendetta against you.

Still banging on about it? Crikey you need a life.

For the avoidance of doubt, I find it weird for someone to be more interesting in pointing out a hypocrisy, rather than condemning the abuse itself. That’s why you’re also a hypocrite and that’s why I think it’s clear you have a vendetta. Particularly as this is the second time you’ve brought it up, but mention nothing about the worse stuff that goes on.

What you also did was take everything out of context. EDJOHNS launches a foul-mouthed tirade, followed up by threats of violence. Saying that sounds like a madman (which it does), is not comparable to the direct and sustained attacks on my mental health. Mine was a quip on EDJOHNS’ behaviour. Tezza’s attacks on me were an attempt to put someone down using mental health (which seemingly you find acceptable, as you’ve on multiple occasions passed up the chance to say otherwise).

So maybe there is a touch of hypocrisy on my part, but the fact you see this as a greater issue than EDJOHNS’ threats, and the attacks I’ve had in the past, speaks volumes about you. Like I say, I think there’s clearly an issue you have with me, and you’re more interested in scoring points than anything else.
You are at it yet again ..... I threatened violence ??????

Come on, you love to copy and paste. Post a single threat I have posted against you.

You will find I have said I am not a violent person but you make me feel like committing violence. I happen to have enough self control to not act on every thought that passes through my head.

I am actually starting to feel sorry for you. You are so insecure you see every word everyone comments as an attack against you, yet you see nothing wrong in the way you ridicule and belittle anyone and everyone who has the temerity to take a differing view to yours. Even when you are so blatantly stupidly wrong.

Now, it is quite simple Fuck off Gramps.
Last edited by EDJOHNS on Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

OHDFC

Post by OHDFC » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:38 pm

Yes, sorry about that. It does get a bit boring when posters continually repeat the same points doesn't it...Still now you've admitted being a hypocrite I won't have to mention it again.
Just a couple of corrections though, again for the avoidance of doubt. You didn't say Ed John's rant sounded like a madman you said the rantings of a madman which is effectively calling him a madman. And you stated that before any perceived threat of violence was made. Even so, given that you 'love' this you appear not so concerned about the abuse yourself.
As I stated earlier, I made no comment about Ed John's post, only your hypocrisy, irrespective of context.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:26 pm

It's so refreshing to have all this out of the main forum, allowing us to discuss all things football!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:34 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:. Post a single threat I have posted against you.
You said “I’m not a violent person but...” That’s pretty much a slam-dunk. There’s an obvious implication there which anyone could see. If you’re not a violent person, you don’t even bring it into the conversation. Hence why you’re sounding like a thug.

Others in this thread have noticed it too (see Shawry’s reply). That, combined with you losing your temper in other threads, and hurling profanities left, right and centre, can bring us to the obvious conclusion you have anger management issues and are incapable of reasonable, rational argument.

All it takes is for someone to argue back and you claim to want to clout them.

As you’re a pensioner with grandchildren and great-grandchildren, I hope they grow up to be more civilised people than yourself.
EDJOHNS wrote: I am actually starting to feel sorry for you. You are so insecure you see every word everyone comments as an attack against you, yet you see nothing wrong in the way you ridicule and belittle anyone and everyone who has the temerity to take a differing view to yours. Even when you are so blatantly stupidly wrong.
Want to talk about insecurity?

1. You took a joke about a funny typo to be a personal attack.
2. You feel so threatened by me you’ve resorted to abuse and threats of violence (you literally wrote the phrase “I’m not violent but...”
3. You on multiple occasions have said you won’t speak to me, only to reply again.
4. After I beat you all ends up in an argument, you ran off here to create a thread purely to whinge about me.
5. You claim to have blocked me by adding me to foes, but have within hours reversed and are back responding. Largely because your precious ego can’t take me showing you up to be the moronic bully you are.
6. There was no instance of me or anyone being “blatantly, stupidly wrong”. Particularly as you couldn’t give me an example of when the FA have used this power you said they had (you claimed Darlington was an example, but as I and others have pointed out, the demotion there fell under different rules, not the ones you were citing ).

There’s much, much more I could point out. So if you want to go down the insecurity route, you may want to look in the mirror first.

And as for “having the temerity to argue with you”, you basically contradict yourself in the next sentence. I put across a differing point of view on the FA, you struggled to counter it, so cried off like a little child, shouting and swearing as you went.

I ridicule the likes of you and Darlo_Daz, who bring up using violence and can only shout, swear and hurl insults when someone disagrees with them. You deserve ridiculing because you take yourself so seriously but show no respect to others. And then, even more hilariously, you take the moral high ground after swearing and talking about wanting to commit violence.

But there are plenty on here I respect - the likes of Ghost, Super Les, Divas, al_quaker, Beano and so on. All of whom have disagreed in the past with me, but can do so without swearing and bringing violence into it.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:53 pm

OHDFC wrote:Yes, sorry about that. It does get a bit boring when posters continually repeat the same points doesn't it...Still now you've admitted being a hypocrite I won't have to mention it again.
Just a couple of corrections though, again for the avoidance of doubt. You didn't say Ed John's rant sounded like a madman you said the rantings of a madman which is effectively calling him a madman. And you stated that before any perceived threat of violence was made. Even so, given that you 'love' this you appear not so concerned about the abuse yourself.
As I stated earlier, I made no comment about Ed John's post, only your hypocrisy, irrespective of context.

And still you dodge the vendetta issue. You’ve clearly got a problem with me (the passive aggressive nature of your posts, the subtle digs, you barely posted here for a couple of years then exploded into life when you saw one comment from me, the fact you’re into your third day of talking about this).

And finally there’s your twisting of words to your interpretation- never say “you effectively said”. I didn’t “effectively say” anything. The words are there for all to see. Repackaging words to suit your agenda is never a good look. You’d actually made a fair point on my hypocritical comment and looking back I’d reword it, but now you’re overstretching yourself, which is disappointing.

But I am intrigued to know why this issue has provoked such a reaction in you. After all, we see many examples of hypocrisy and the like (ED “I’m not violent but...”JOHNS in this thread, or Spen in the Virtual Feethams forums, or your own hypocrisy in this thread which I’ve pointed).

Yet you’ve singled this example out. Just interested to know why this one in particular. Clearly you don’t like me, which is fine and the feeling is mutual. But, more for my own curiosity, I’m interested to know what about me upsets/annoys/irritates you so much. Maybe you’ll find it therapeutic and then we can both move on from this silliness.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:57 am

I hope these arguments never continue in a public place
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

karlo-cardiff

Post by karlo-cardiff » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:52 pm

This board at Times is an embarrasment.... I cringed reading the postings of certain people

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

OHDFC

Post by OHDFC » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:32 pm

I have said several times I am only commenting on your hypocrisy, nothing else. You have tried to move the discussion on - what I find acceptable, accusing me of a vendetta for example but I'm not interested. You changed your statement, which lessened it, and changed the chronology of the percieved threat of violence, which enhanced the justification. I'm not stating that these were not genuine oversights, but I set the record straight.
However, you have asked me a question so I'll answer, despite my above comment.
There is no sinister reason. I read the board most days but, like a lot of posters I suspect, I get a bit pissed off with posts being dragged into slagging matches, which seems to happen a lot and usually involving you. I guess this was just one too many.
As far as I am aware, I don't know you personally - athough the message board is anonymous, the fans who know me personally know my username, or if they don't, they can easily deduce it - so I don't like or dislike you. But I dislike your confrontational debating style especially as I believe you do it deliberately to goad people into an argument and when others ask you to stop, you play the victim card as you did on the Gateshead thread with Ed Johns and in your replies to me. Occasionally winding people up is ok and the arguments can be entertaining, but you do it too much, it spoils goid threads and I believe you revel in it. Clearly you enjoy wonding people up and have no problem with the abuse you recieve.
The really sad thing is you're better than that. You post a lot of good well researched stuff, for example when Tommy Wright was appointed. You're clearly interested and have the inclination that a lot of us don't to check out new signings or appointees. But that is negated by the constant fights and a seeming desire to always win. Your initial reply to my comment was defensive, and everything you have accused me of you are guilty of your replies to me or Ed John. I believe you knew you were on shaky ground when you saw my comment but couldn't let it go. If you had, that comment would have been lost in the thread and no-one would even remember it now. Instead here we are.

grytters

Post by grytters » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:58 am

EDJOHNS wrote:
Gawd above help.

You're already as bad, if not worse than him.

You've openly endorsed the racist Johnson as the next Prime Minister.

(And that's before we discuss his moral repugnance in refusing to acknowledge his child and refusal to pay maintenance)

Blocked/added to foes.
Bring Back the Quarters

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:30 pm

grytters wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:58 am
EDJOHNS wrote:
Gawd above help.

(And that's before we discuss his moral repugnance in refusing to acknowledge his child and refusal to pay maintenance)

Blocked/added to foes.
Haha, will you bloody stop it man? :lol:

But what's that, Boris Johnson caused leftist hysteria?

He gets my vote!

Johnson for PM!

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:58 pm

grytters wrote:
EDJOHNS wrote:
Gawd above help.

Blocked/added to foes.
Simple reason. I want us out of the EU and he is the only 1 I am reasonably sure will do it. the rest will either bottle it altogether or take us into total farce land of a second bloody referendum.

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:44 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:38 pm
I reported a poster on here that was continually having a go at me and he has posted since.
but you are you total knob ,, i remember you at the the arena , your a strange person ..thats all im saying .

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:12 pm

if anyone needs a ban on here its dulo-pete .....for years hes been a wind up tosser ..gramps is ok for me

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:15 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
grytters wrote:
EDJOHNS wrote:
Gawd above help.

Blocked/added to foes.
Simple reason. I want us out of the EU and he is the only 1 I am reasonably sure will do it. the rest will either bottle it altogether or take us into total farce land of a second bloody referendum.
So that makes him ok then does it. Do you work for a company that does business with europe or like enjoy buying exported goods from the eu?
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:31 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:15 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:
grytters wrote:
EDJOHNS wrote:
Gawd above help.

Blocked/added to foes.
So that makes him ok then does it. Do you work for a company that does business with europe or like enjoy buying exported goods from the eu?
He takes us out, we will have an election and they will be kicked out of office. I doubt he will see the year out.
The largest part of what I still do is in Europe.
The biggest stupidity was taking the no deal off the table. They were s*** scared of us doing that. Once gone, they have no need to talk any more.
You only have to look at the car industries in both Germany and France and see the % of trade they do with us to know that once we are out they will talk because they have no option as they have nowhere else to move their stock to.
I am sick to death of the scare mongering over this. Germany in particular have far more to lose than we have. Did you not see the reports just last week that Merkle is hanging on by a thread because so many things are going pear shaped in Germany?
Do you really want to be "defended" by a "European states Army". I am damned sure I don't