Gateshead relegated to NLN

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

super_les_mcjannet
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Gateshead relegated to NLN

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:33 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:21 pm
All i can say is have a listen to the podcast. Theres loads of shite flies round on social media these days but when you hear people talking it puts a better perspective on things. Theres is a few people investing in gateshead including the fans and some unlikely sources have come forward and helped. Just have a listen to the podcast
https://www.spreaker.com/user/heedarmypodcast
I listened in whilst doing some work.

Sounded positive but no real concrete info on anything. It sounds like a few people are willing to put money in and then the supporters group have to put so much in as well.

I see problems ahead if I am honest but it's hard to say as no real detail was provided. The best part is Graham Wood is involved and should keep you right but I do think you are going to hit a few bumps in the road - more than happy to be proved wrong though.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:06 pm

Isn't Wood still the chairman of Hampton and Richmond FC.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:14 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:06 pm
Isn't Wood still the chairman of Hampton and Richmond FC.
Still down as chairman of Hampton & Richmond but was also Club President at Gateshead until some point last season.

Presume it's one of those that looks good at this stage, a bit like our advisory board of McConachie, Hodgson & Chapman (or whoever was on it).

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:34 am

Scott Fenwick signing for Gateshead apparently.

Whilst he didn’t do much with us, not sure he got into it really. Seems a decent enough signing for them.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:30 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Scott Fenwick signing for Gateshead apparently.

Whilst he didn’t do much with us, not sure he got into it really. Seems a decent enough signing for them.
What happened with him at darlington? I know he was not there long
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:38 pm

Something to do with being absolutely shite and spending more time offside than onside.

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:40 pm

AndyPark wrote:Something to do with being absolutely shite and spending more time offside than onside.
How many games did he play roughly? Not seem him play since his hartlepool days. Scored plenty for Chelmsford at the same level
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:40 pm

He rarely scored for Chelmsford apart from penalties.

At Darlo he was an unfit, immobile, dis-interested plank - we fucked him off within a month.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:44 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:30 pm
super_les_mcjannet wrote:Scott Fenwick signing for Gateshead apparently.

What happened with him at darlington? I know he was not there long
He didn't get chance at Darlo. He also didn't show much in his few brief appearances but for me he didn't play enough to make an opinion of him.

I wouldn't be gutted if Gateshead signed him but he could do ok.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:51 pm

He barely played for us, but in the two games I saw he just seemed disinterested. He immediately landed a pro deal in Malta, which makes me think he already had it lined up and was just tossing it off.

divas

Post by divas » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:57 pm

Didn’t really want to be here from the word go. You’d think professionals would be able to put their past allegiances behind them but he always seemed like his time up the road meant he had some downer on us.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:33 am

Interesting to see if they manage to cobble together a decent side, although does put another competitor for local talent into the mix. On the positive side, we will have another short away trip and they could bring a few extras down for the return leg, although it will hardly cover the cost of the extra security.....

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:14 am

jjljks wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:33 am
Interesting to see if they manage to cobble together a decent side, although does put another competitor for local talent into the mix. On the positive side, we will have another short away trip and they could bring a few extras down for the return leg, although it will hardly cover the cost of the extra security.....
Unless they are doing very well, I would be surprised if they bring more than a 100 down here. Whenever I've seen highlights of National League games involving Gateshead away games, the number of away fans has been really small.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:55 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:14 am
jjljks wrote:
Unless they are doing very well, I would be surprised if they bring more than a 100 down here. Whenever I've seen highlights of National League games involving Gateshead away games, the number of away fans has been really small.
Their home average only 841 last season, so they will probably be happy when our travelling fans turn up there :thumbup:

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:17 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
jjljks wrote:
We will see. Fetched 300 to hartlepool and that was new years day. How many other teams bring anywhere near that or even 3 figures for that matter. Alot in the conference premier barely bring 3 figures

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:54 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
jjljks wrote:
We will see. Fetched 300 to hartlepool and that was new years day. How many other teams bring anywhere near that or even 3 figures for that matter. Alot in the conference premier barely bring 3 figures
That’s not your typical attendance though. It was your nearest rivals in the division on New Year’s Day.

Put in that context, 300 isn’t particularly impressive, and your average away attendance will be considerably lower.

So as usual, you’re being disingenuous with your selection of statistics.

If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:01 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:17 am
Darlo_Pete wrote:
jjljks wrote:
Things will be different this upcoming season. Your in a division lower, your crowds will drop and your not likely to be at the sharp end of the table, so I'd be surprised if you bring more than 100.

divas

Post by divas » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:13 pm

Mike Williamson & Ian Watson appointed

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:33 pm

No Ben Clark, wonder when AA announces his assistant.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:11 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:No Ben Clark, wonder when AA announces his assistant.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
Ben Clark has gone to work for the Newcastle Foundation and won't be back in management.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:17 pm

Thanks Jeff.