Jordan Nicholson released

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

bga
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Jordan Nicholson released

Post by bga » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:51 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:43 pm
No, why would we? He was mutually released from his contract. He wanted to go, we wanted him off the wage bill.

We can't have it both ways.

The only way to get a fee for him would have been to refuse to cancel his contract.
I was trying to point that out to Andy. See my comments above I know we will not get any fee for him.

shawry

Post by shawry » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:26 pm

bga wrote:
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:43 pm
No, why would we? He was mutually released from his contract. He wanted to go, we wanted him off the wage bill.

We can't have it both ways.

The only way to get a fee for him would have been to refuse to cancel his contract.
I was trying to point that out to Andy. See my comments above I know we will not get any fee for him.
Andy didnt need anything pointing out to him though, he was just responding to the statement about sell on clauses :)

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:00 am

One of the clubs he is being linked with is Kettering.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:33 am

I’m sure it’s been posted in here but Jordan Nicholson has joined Reece Styche at Hereford.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

bga

Post by bga » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:30 am

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:33 am
I’m sure it’s been posted in here but Jordan Nicholson has joined Reece Styche at Hereford.
So (if true) Styche has notched up another Club to mark on his bedpost. Three in 12 months and counting. I never understood some fans "loyalty" to him. Yes circumstances may have meant we had to sell him, but his record speaks for itself in terms of how many clubs he has had, he never stays anywhere long.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:00 am

bga wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:30 am
So (if true) Styche has notched up another Club to mark on his bedpost. Three in 12 months and counting. I never understood some fans "loyalty" to him. Yes circumstances may have meant we had to sell him, but his record speaks for itself in terms of how many clubs he has had, he never stays anywhere long.
When Styche first signed I thought he was class, a cut above this level, However after a while we saw the true Styche, constantly moaning at the ref getting involved in winding opposition players up. That's his personality. If he stuck to his game he would be a lot better and score more goals. I notice towards the end at Alfreton he was on the bench a lot - surprising considering the fee they paid. I don't think he is an Alun Armstrong character anyway.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:03 am

bga wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:30 am
“If true”?.Its been common knowledge for a month or so where he is now.
16 clubs in a 10 year career.Must be a popular lad in the changing room then !!

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:07 am

Styche officially signed for Hereford a while back. Funnily enough, I think we are one of the clubs where his face fit. I think a lot of places he didn't, and i suspect he runs his gob a bit, which rubs some people and teams (and fanbases) up the wrong way. For sure it isn't normal to go through the amount of clubs he has, and from a personal perspective, it has to be weird for him. I don't know what else he does, or if football is his sole occupation right now, but he's been shuffled all over the country, and even if its just changing his commute, team mates, management and playing system every few months. Christ, even my 7 a side team doesn't change as often as his clubs do.

Nicholson is a good signing for them, and we will miss him. I can see why AA has done it though, as i suspect he was on a big wage plus travel expenses, and he obviously feels he can get a replacement who is cheaper... but he was our top scorer in a poor team last year. I think Hereford might be up there this year.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:52 am

Well they were relegation fodder for much of last season, Nicholson was too, and styche is very much dependent on the way the wind is blowing, so unless they've made some other good signings it isn't pointing to a promotion push for me. I hope they have some grafters to do the work for them or its not going to add up to much.

Beano

Post by Beano » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:03 am

tdk1 wrote:Well they were relegation fodder for much of last season, Nicholson was too, and styche is very much dependent on the way the wind is blowing, so unless they've made some other good signings it isn't pointing to a promotion push for me. I hope they have some grafters to do the work for them or its not going to add up to much.
A good point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bga

Post by bga » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:10 am

H1987 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:07 am
Styche officially signed for Hereford a while back. Funnily enough, I think we are one of the clubs where his face fit. I think a lot of places he didn't, and i suspect he runs his gob a bit, which rubs some people and teams (and fanbases) up the wrong way. For sure it isn't normal to go through the amount of clubs he has, and from a personal perspective, it has to be weird for him. I don't know what else he does, or if football is his sole occupation right now, but he's been shuffled all over the country, and even if its just changing his commute, team mates, management and playing system every few months. Christ, even my 7 a side team doesn't change as often as his clubs do.

Nicholson is a good signing for them, and we will miss him. I can see why AA has done it though, as i suspect he was on a big wage plus travel expenses, and he obviously feels he can get a replacement who is cheaper... but he was our top scorer in a poor team last year. I think Hereford might be up there this year.
Agree about Styche I think he basically chases the money he must get a signing on fee most times he move plus a decent wage.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:02 am

bga wrote:
H1987 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:07 am

Agree about Styche I think he basically chases the money he must get a signing on fee most times he move plus a decent wage.
Good on him.. Why does it bother so many people

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:01 pm

I'm distinctly unbothered by it. He was very good for us, turned a profit, and was sold against his will by all accounts. I'd happily have him back if the budget allowed. His face seemed to fit here. Just simply pointing out that the evidence suggests it doesn't or didn't in a lot of other places.