York City Prices next season

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

darlobaz791
Team Supported: Darlington

York City Prices next season

Post by darlobaz791 » Fri May 31, 2019 4:36 pm

£18 on a match day. £21 if you fancy a seat! Wow

Mister e

Re: York City Prices next season

Post by Mister e » Fri May 31, 2019 4:59 pm

Yes but for that £21 surely your allowed to take the seat home with you.😁😁

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Fri May 31, 2019 6:16 pm

New stadia don’t come cheap and they have missed out on significant amounts of income as a result of the delay in it opening.

They had several lucrative pre season friendlies lined up for the summer which now won’t take place as the switch will be mid season.

No doubt all the various parties involved will all be blaming each other!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri May 31, 2019 6:53 pm

That’s too much. The York fans love to moan and this will certainly get them going, and don’t mention the parking, I’ve heard that it’s going to be £10 at the only car park so far arranged.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Fri May 31, 2019 7:52 pm

Isn’t their new ground all seater?

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:05 pm

York City management have now made a U turn and reverted back to the 18/19 price structure. They still reckon the price increases were justified because of the new online ticket system, but now as they have no fixed date for the move to a new home this seems unfair.

Seems a bit far fetched to me - a big increase for a ticket buying fee!
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:54 pm

So another set of pre-season friendlies at York won't happen? Not a surprise to us😉

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:56 am

On the field York are going to be really strong this season. They have just signed Andy Bond, a midfielder who has had a solid Football League background, and that brings their first team squad to 21. It includes seven or eight players who can operate in midfield and five strikers. They're taking no chances in going for promotion. I'd be interested to see a figure on the total number of players they have signed since the season MG was appointed.... it must be approaching the hundreds :shock:

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:01 pm

doesn't explain why Tait is still there. I thought he'd have been released

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:14 pm

They extended his contract by a year, didn't they?

York really should be up there this year. Hereford also, if their budget is to be believed.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:21 pm

I think Moke is still there too. He seems lightweight and ineffective to me but perhaps played within a different system it could work.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:14 pm

I would love it if we beat them - I would love it. The prices represent their ambition which is fair enough but they have to do it next season - they don't want to be Penney wise but pound foolish.

50 years

Post by 50 years » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:40 pm

Given players they have recently signed, they are really going for it this year including latest signing from Tranmere, budget must be massive compared to ours. The chairman Jason McGill's company having to drop in to sponser the team this year as they did not get a sponser in time, and he rarely goes to the games now, (may be due to the complaints from the fans at him), heard he goes to Middlesbrough games now (think his son is signed up with them). Wonder what would happen if a poor year on the field, fans having to travel to the new ground which can be difficult with the traffic, and Jason decides to walk away from the club with the hassle from the fans. Could be make or break year for them if not successfull possibly?

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:57 am

50 years wrote:Given players they have recently signed, they are really going for it this year including latest signing from Tranmere, budget must be massive compared to ours. The chairman Jason McGill's company having to drop in to sponser the team this year as they did not get a sponser in time, and he rarely goes to the games now, (may be due to the complaints from the fans at him), heard he goes to Middlesbrough games now (think his son is signed up with them). Wonder what would happen if a poor year on the field, fans having to travel to the new ground which can be difficult with the traffic, and Jason decides to walk away from the club with the hassle from the fans. Could be make or break year for them if not successfull possibly?
McGill won’t walk away yet. He’s waiting for the sale of bootham crescent. After that then it’s a possibility

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50 years

Post by 50 years » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:41 am

Think the ground already had an agreement to buy on it, believe York received a large amount of money several years ago to have first call on the ground by a major national builder. As you say can't see McGill leaving before the end of next season if ever, but him and his family were big ycfc supporters, although there seemed to be a bit of a split in the family last year 're the footy I think and they stopped sitting together. If another poor year,(I mean relatively against expectations), he may get more complaints from the fans which may tip his decision. One thing is for certain he has backed the club big time money wise, although a lot through loans which I assume will be covered by the sale of bootham crescent. This may not then leave any money in the bank for the club itself. Certainly off the field things not so professional with the back track on prices, back track on Danny parslow testimonial and not having sponser sorted so Jason McGill company having to cover it at the last minute. Personally think there Trust should prepare just in case. They also have still to sign a sponser for the back of the shirt (£10k), and sponser for shirt sleeve (8k).
Saying all that, with the players they have signed they must have a great chance of winning the league, just hope we play them at bootham crescent before they move.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:08 am

I’d like one more game at Bootham too - before they move to yet another modern out of town stadium, a move that is not guaranteed to be popular with the fans.

George Reynolds (bless him) thought that having a modern stadium was the be all and end all of everything, but it takes a lot more than that to run a successful football club - and York seem to be wanting in many areas.

When McGill eventually gets his big cheque from the builders, I reckon he will exit, unless the team is doing exceptionally well and things are ticking along smoothly.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:35 am

50 years wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:41 am
Think the ground already had an agreement to buy on it, believe York received a large amount of money several years ago to have first call on the ground by a major national builder. As you say can't see McGill leaving before the end of next season if ever, but him and his family were big ycfc supporters, although there seemed to be a bit of a split in the family last year 're the footy I think and they stopped sitting together. If another poor year,(I mean relatively against expectations), he may get more complaints from the fans which may tip his decision. One thing is for certain he has backed the club big time money wise, although a lot through loans which I assume will be covered by the sale of bootham crescent. This may not then leave any money in the bank for the club itself. Certainly off the field things not so professional with the back track on prices, back track on Danny parslow testimonial and not having sponser sorted so Jason McGill company having to cover it at the last minute. Personally think there Trust should prepare just in case. They also have still to sign a sponser for the back of the shirt (£10k), and sponser for shirt sleeve (8k).
Saying all that, with the players they have signed they must have a great chance of winning the league, just hope we play them at bootham crescent before they move.
I'd also heard that their "academy" if you can call it that, charge the kids all sorts, plus make them pay for the kit, etc. Sounds like he's been trying to recoup his losses in anyway he could. Mainly by taking it from the fans or anyone associated with the club

50 years

Post by 50 years » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:24 pm

I had heard the club do charge the accademy players as well. You would think that their commercial people watch our web site for ideas. They have just announced a family, meet the players day on the 13th July.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:18 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:08 am
I’d like one more game at Bootham too - before they move to yet another modern out of town stadium, a move that is not guaranteed to be popular with the fans.

George Reynolds (bless him) thought that having a modern stadium was the be all and end all of everything, but it takes a lot more than that to run a successful football club - and York seem to be wanting in many areas.

When McGill eventually gets his big cheque from the builders, I reckon he will exit, unless the team is doing exceptionally well and things are ticking along smoothly.
I don't, I must have been to BC around 25 times over the years and I think we've only won once or twice. Sick of the place, plus it's very outdated. Reckon a change of venue could bring a change of luck, we are overdue.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:47 am

I thought york citys chairman must be a fan to keep on financing them well, like a non league steve gibson, clearly aint if he dont go to games. Them signing mcnulty shows how much 6th tier football. 20 year ago i dont think the 6 tier (unibond as it was then) had any pro teams and if you got the likes of mcnulty dropping down to that level it would often be as player manager or a player coach
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams