Osagi Bascome

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

H1987
Team Supported: Darlington

Osagi Bascome

Post by H1987 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:13 am

'Can't wait to kick off the season' he tweeted after his goal last night... and the club retweeted it as well.

Am i reading too much into it, but to me that implies he's here for more than a trial? Could be on a youth contract of sorts maybe? Pay as you play?

en passant

Re: Osagi Bascome

Post by en passant » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:04 pm

I thought that he began fairly slowly and was probably effected by the careless approach that the Darlo players had, probably due to believing they were entitled to be better than their opponents. Darlo Town players did a great job of unsettling the Darlo players and scoring early certainly gave them a boost and the momentum that lasted most of the first half. But Bascome grew into the game and really impressed as the first half wore and and into the second half, topped by a great goal. Of our other major trialist, Tyrell, the jury is still out. The team wasn't really serving him with opportunities in the first half, and whilst getting into decent positions he didn't always get a decent pass. Most of the academy lads deserve a lot of credit. Last season they often had to play against more experienced and more mature players. Last night they were up against some very canny and experienced players who had good game plans and were slick in the way they played. I thought given this it showed how well these lads have come on after a full season and you can see that there are several who you could now see making a case for getting a run out in the first team in the not too distant future, whereas last year it was too much of a risk to put them on the pitch when they had to fill the bench.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:43 pm

AW was in charge last night. What is his role now exactly?

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:02 pm

Did the club ever announce who was appointed head of the academy?