Armstrong Interview

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

super_les_mcjannet
Team Supported: Darlington

Armstrong Interview

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:24 pm

So Alun confirmed the following.

Needs to have a chat about Heaton and hopefully they can come up with something that suits both parties.
Decision to be made on Omar who he thought was better today.
Bascome is involved this season because of what happened last season, so assuming he is signed but it wasn't really AA shout.
Bell would be a squad player that he would need to utilise especially in the packed start of season.

Maybe we offer non contract terms to one or two and see how it goes.

Early days and all that but I do like the way Armstrong goes about signings, it does seem logical and like he has a plan whilst still hitting the budget requirements. Really hope we get a decent enough start as I think if we do you can see momentum building behind the team.

Vodka_Vic

Re: Armstrong Interview

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:34 pm

No sign of Cedwyn Scott today and Tyrell was again involved.

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:37 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:34 pm
No sign of Cedwyn Scott today and Tyrell was again involved.
Scott played for Dunston today so I think that’s the last time we’ll be seeing him.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:05 pm

I thought Holness didn’t have the best of games, having thought about it he was one my standout players last season, but in a poor team, he needs to up his game in this much more committed/talented side.
Tyrell, not convinced.

en passant

Post by en passant » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:07 pm

Tyrell is still to show something that will get him a place in the set up and he has been given quite a few chances to impress. I could see him going to Bishop if they like what they saw and for us to have a watching brief to see if with some real game time he shows more than he has in the friendlies. Scott did OK in the Northallerton game, but I suspect that now that we have O'Neill, Campbell, Rivers, Donawa, Thommo, and Holmes (and possibly Bell) it is difficult to see any more room up front to justify another wage.