James Caton

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_CR
Team Supported: Darlington

James Caton

Post by Darlo_CR » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:43 pm

I hope you're all sat down reading this! He's playing for York City tonight.

Spyman

Re: James Caton

Post by Spyman » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:20 pm

He is a full time footballer after all!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:30 pm

York reserves at Pickering. Unlikely any of them will feature at Alty on Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:36 pm

Wonder how much he paid for his trial.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:33 am

Match report said "twisting & turning but shot easily saved" as well as "hitting the post from close range", so no change there. To be fair, no mention of whether he was wearing gloves,😉

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:28 pm

Caton had some ability but I wasn't a fan of his commitment and determination. Don't really think there's any need to mock him though

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:15 pm

If he sorts his attitude out he could be an asset to someone.

Wijnhard's_Schlong

Post by Wijnhard's_Schlong » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:39 pm

A powder-puff, half-hearted, glove-wearing fanny who typifies why we’ve struggled the last couple of years. Honestly don’t know what people have seen to claim he has ability barring literally a 30 minute cameo in the 18 months or so he was with us. Surely destined for the lower echelons of non-league.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:14 pm

Wijnhard's_Schlong wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:39 pm
A powder-puff, half-hearted, glove-wearing fanny who typifies why we’ve struggled the last couple of years. Honestly don’t know what people have seen to claim he has ability barring literally a 30 minute cameo in the 18 months or so he was with us. Surely destined for the lower echelons of non-league.
Now now,don’t mock him. :shh: :lol:

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:59 pm

D_F_C wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:28 pm
Caton had some ability but I wasn't a fan of his commitment and determination. Don't really think there's any need to mock him though
Anyone who wears gloves at a football match but especially in the summer wether he is a part time model, or fitness coach needs explaining the error of his ways.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:01 am

Wijnhard's_Schlong wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:39 pm
A powder-puff, half-hearted, glove-wearing fanny who typifies why we’ve struggled the last couple of years.
:lol: :clap:

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:04 pm

https://www.shropshirelive.com/sport/20 ... mes-caton/

Read this, the guy is deluded. There is a running theme, he has been at loads of clubs over recent years and yet has not been offered a deal anywhere.
On the fake injury debate that Caton is accused of I know there we similar concerns over Henshall last season.
I just think the guy should give up - he has had more chances than most players. Just because he was part of the England youth set up doesn't mean you are going to make it - we have seen plenty of young players disappear completely from the game because they cannot play in the men's game.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:13 pm

Wow. He really has a high opinion of himself.

Basically he's done everything right and played well every time he's been given the chance, but for some reason he never gets picked anywhere he goes.

But it's them, not him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:15 am

LOL I had to have a chuckle at that.

At some point a person has to have that lightbulb moment where they eventually realise that it can't always be everyone else's fault.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:39 am

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:15 am
LOL I had to have a chuckle at that.

At some point a person has to have that lightbulb moment where they eventually realise that it can't always be everyone else's fault.
Clearly he hasn't reached that point yet, :lol:

bga

Post by bga » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:44 am

Reminded me of a Stars in Their Eyes episode. Tonight Matthew I am going to be........"A Professional Footballer."

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:45 am

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:04 pm

Read this, the guy is deluded. There is a running theme, he has been at loads of clubs over recent years and yet has not been offered a deal anywhere.
On the fake injury debate that Caton is accused of I know there we similar concerns over Henshall last season.
I just think the guy should give up - he has had more chances than most players. Just because he was part of the England youth set up doesn't mean you are going to make it - we have seen plenty of young players disappear completely from the game because they cannot play in the men's game.
No mention of circulation problems (Raynards disease) in this piece so as I suspected all along, he has a glove fetish and it was clearly affecting his concentration and ball crossing ability. It all is much clearer now. Pleased I didn't give him those Marigolds before he left

ex-exile

Post by ex-exile » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:00 am

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:04 pm

Life is all about realising that you are not as good as you think.When so many people think he is not good enough, why does he continuously disputes their opinions,he is living in his own little bubble unable to see the truth.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:49 pm

Some of the replies on here are a little spiteful. I don't wish him any ill will.

He's a strange player though. I don't think he knows his real position, which is something of a problem.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:23 pm

I don't wish him any ill will either, but he'll get a lot further in life and probably come across as a lot less bitter if he accepts his own role in how his career is panning out, rather than just blaming it all on other people.

That interview paints him as very arrogant and lacking in self-awareness.

DC

bga

Post by bga » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:50 pm

Spyman wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:23 pm
I don't wish him any ill will either, but he'll get a lot further in life and probably come across as a lot less bitter if he accepts his own role in how his career is panning out, rather than just blaming it all on other people.

That interview paints him as very arrogant and lacking in self-awareness.
Let's be honest this is not so much an Interview as Caton letting off steam. Journo doesnt seem to ask any probing questions. I agree with Spyman.