Groundsman

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Emdubya
Team Supported: Darlington

Groundsman

Post by Emdubya » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:41 pm

Do we actually have one or is this something else the rugby lot are making an arse of.The pitch wants two inches of grass off it and the marking out is a joke.By the end of the game today they had nigh on disappeared.

Quaker85

Re: Groundsman

Post by Quaker85 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:51 pm

Well I guess there’s always something negative to moan about if you look hard enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ralphb

Post by ralphb » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:13 pm

Spot on, it was the first comment made when we arrived today, the ground on Wednesday looked brilliant today needed attention as mentioned.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:20 pm

Quaker85 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:51 pm
Well I guess there’s always something negative to moan about if you look hard enough.

Didn’t have to look hard,it was great big green thing in front of me.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:25 pm

I honestly don't know what is happening with the place. Toilets out of order, tv not working, no card machine, ice machine broken.

As the previous later stated the pitch looked great Wednesday but looked as if it hadn't been touched since then.

I fear for the place if we pull out it as it appears to be on its knees even with the money we're handing over.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:36 pm

I'm sure AA has made the point that it's important for us to have a pitch that suits our play best and that means the pitch needs to be cut short before we have a game. It's not a great deal to ask and surely it forms part of the contract. All right there's been rain during the week which may have got in the way but there must have been a window at some stage on Thursday or Friday to get it done.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:48 pm

quakerste wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:25 pm
I honestly don't know what is happening with the place. Toilets out of order, tv not working, no card machine, ice machine broken.

As the previous later stated the pitch looked great Wednesday but looked as if it hadn't been touched since then.

I fear for the place if we pull out it as it appears to be on its knees even with the money we're handing over.

BUT, the clock is now fixed :thumbup:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:37 am

Wouldn't blame them for the card machine. Been same story across the town centre. Cash only at The Vue tonight.

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:10 am

I’m sure if DFC had someone drawing attention to the pitch grass would have been cut. If we haven’t you can’t really blame rugby club

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:34 pm

Quaker85 wrote:
The standard of the pitch and its markings are key to a game of football, believe it or not.
Wasn't the case last season that the ground staff had to mark out the penalty area again just before kick off due to the fact the lines were virtually non existent?

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:31 pm

loan_star wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:34 pm
Quaker85 wrote:
The standard of the pitch and its markings are key to a game of football, believe it or not.
Wasn't the case last season that the ground staff had to mark out the penalty area again just before kick off due to the fact the lines were virtually non existent?

And turning up to find random white drawings and scribbles all over the pitch after a rugby club fun day.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:23 pm

quakersfan wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:10 am
I’m sure if DFC had someone drawing attention to the pitch grass would have been cut. If we haven’t you can’t really blame rugby club
I suppose its down to if you want a pitch suitable for football or rugby.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:11 pm

Quaker85 wrote:

I would suggest you have a look at the highlights of the game and then tell me the marking out is acceptable for our level of football.Christ,I watched a game on North park this morning and it was better marked out than BM.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:39 pm

Emdubya wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:11 pm
Quaker85 wrote:

I would suggest you have a look at the highlights of the game and then tell me the marking out is acceptable for our level of football.Christ,I watched a game on North park this morning and it was better marked out than BM.
Can't have them horrible football markings spoil their rugga pitch can we.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:46 pm

Emdubya wrote:
Quaker85 wrote:

It doesn’t really matter what I or anybody else on here thinks about the standard of the pitch markings. That’s for the league to decide. As for the grass length, not as good as Wednesday but it didn’t prevent us from playing good football and it was Wembley compared to the cabbage patch we played on last week at Farsley.

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:54 pm

loan_star wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:39 pm
Emdubya wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:11 pm
Quaker85 wrote:

Can't have them horrible football markings spoil their rugga pitch can we.
Jeez they were poor when you watch the highlights

Quakers83

Post by Quakers83 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:15 pm

Incredibly frustrating and amateurish by the Rugby club really.

It’s not as if we’re asking for much - I remember against Nuneaton at home in 17/18, when the 18 yard box in front of the tin shed wasn’t even marked out until around 10 minutes before KO.

Those markings put in on the pitch near the dugouts towards the end of last season, why? I get it was part of some form of event, but wow. They can’t even maintain a £80k pitch which was funded in the majority by the FC.

And yes, the grass was long. Evidently nothing was done between Wednesday to Saturday.

Hopefully something the FC can take up with them.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:19 pm

I don’t understand what they don’t get, guys we have a football game on there on Saturday, make sure the pitch is cut to standard and the lines are there, it’s surely not a difficult job is it? Are they deliberately trying to wind us up or are they just so incompetent at their job?

Someone needs to make a stand as it’s not good enough
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:50 pm

quakersam wrote:I don’t understand what they don’t get, guys we have a football game on there on Saturday, make sure the pitch is cut to standard and the lines are there, it’s surely not a difficult job is it? Are they deliberately trying to wind us up or are they just so incompetent at their job?

They haven't a clue....simple as that.They cannot cope with the demands of large crowds and the requirements of a football club, the catering is still poor and a bunch of young inexperienced kids cannot cope.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:16 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:50 pm
quakersam wrote:I don’t understand what they don’t get, guys we have a football game on there on Saturday, make sure the pitch is cut to standard and the lines are there, it’s surely not a difficult job is it? Are they deliberately trying to wind us up or are they just so incompetent at their job?

They haven't a clue....simple as that.They cannot cope with the demands of large crowds and the requirements of a football club, the catering is still poor and a bunch of young inexperienced kids cannot cope.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

If they upped their game even slightly they could make so much more money. People don’t spend when they get there as they are so unorganised.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:38 am

If they continue to miss their obligations in terms of fulfilling the contract to provide facilities, then the rent should be either stopped or reduced after giving them written notice of all the issues.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:48 am

jjljks wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:38 am
If they continue to miss their obligations in terms of fulfilling the contract to provide facilities, then the rent should be either stopped or reduced after giving them written notice of all the issues.
Not a wise move to do.

Tenants are normally advised not to withhold rent, even if the landlord is in breach of their obligations.

Withholding rent would enable the landlord to refuse entry to the premises, thus leaving the club unable to fulfill its fixtures and facing expulsion from the league.

Diplomacy would be a better approach than risking losing access to the venue by a (partial) rent strike

BTW - What are the contractual obligations you think the RFC have failed to provide?

The pitch was prepared (term used loosely) to a standard the referee was satisfied with so, that is unlikely to be a term of any agreement that has been breached

PS Do DFC have a tenancy agreement now? When they first moved in DFC said they had a licence to play there. A licence gives DFC less rights in law than a tenancy would