Curzon Ashton v Darlo

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

quakersam
Team Supported: Darlington

Curzon Ashton v Darlo

Post by quakersam » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:52 pm

Travelling over now, updates here...
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Darlopartisan

Re: Curzon Ashton v Darlo

Post by Darlopartisan » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:16 pm

Same line up from Saturday apart from Heaton replaces Galbraith

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:34 pm

It will be interesting to see how Heaton shapes up tonight in place of Galbraith. A good performance tonight may give him the shirt for future games.

After last season it is great to see competition for places. Saturday will be even more interesting to see who takes Thommo's place. I would give Donawa a run out.

tezza

Post by tezza » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:38 pm

HT 2-1:

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:39 pm

loosing 2-1 at ht all goals in last 3 mins

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:05 pm

Bugger 3-1 mistake by Watson with a poor headed clearance.

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:07 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:05 pm
Bugger 3-1 mistake by Watson with a poor headed clearance.

You don’t mind conceding a good goal but everyone is a defensive mistake.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:13 pm

I know it's early in the season but should we be a bit concerned about the goals conceded and the manner in which we have let them in???
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:15 pm

What's going on now Galbraith does a terrible pass that nearly results in us conceding another goal.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:21 pm

Now Thompson misses a sitter, I don't think tonight is going to go our way.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:41 pm

Poor defensive errors cost us dear as we lose 3-1.

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:54 pm

Was offered a lift to this game but couldn’t finish work early enough on reflection I’m glad I didn’t go. After three games I think it’s going to be an up and down season we need investment to compete for play off places.

TKOA

Post by TKOA » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:02 pm

Two 3-1 Away defeats but I still don’t feel too downhearted. Obviously a long way to go in the season but we played good football at times it’s just that final ball that’s lacking. There’s definitely goals in this team, losing trotman was a massive blow this week and once we get Heaton back to full fitness that should help in defence, he didn’t look ower pleased with himself when he came off mind!

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:07 pm

Blyth got in there with no investment (by which you really mean a benefactor willing to donate money with no return). We are pretty much a brand new team and will take time to gel. Also remember Blyth had McGuire to play up front whereas our ‘no 9’ is smaller than Thommo. Alun said it’d be like this. Thing is, as was said on the radio, teams who are big/solid and don’t let us play through them will always have a chance against us. Ultimately, as at Farsley, it was a combination of this and rank defending that did for us

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:23 pm

TKOA wrote:Two 3-1 Away defeats but I still don’t feel too downhearted. Obviously a long way to go in the season but we played good football at times it’s just that final ball that’s lacking. There’s definitely goals in this team, losing trotman was a massive blow this week and once we get Heaton back to full fitness that should help in defence, he didn’t look ower pleased with himself when he came off mind!
More like an inability to deal with the final ball!

We've scored in every game which is encouraging, but 7 conceded in 4 games is the problem.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:29 pm

It's early days I know but ...... away form bad/home form good!
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Beano

Post by Beano » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:34 pm

Individual errors have hurt us despite otherwise credible performances.

However, we’ve almost entirely refreshed the squad during pre-season and they’ve had very little time together.

The lads just need time to gel.

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:36 pm

Our curse at Curzon lives to see another day! Defensive errors cost us as we switched off at the back and then our heads dropped. Hatfield worked his socks off and Osagi is still work in progress. This team has a lot of potential but needs time.

On a side note, who was the keeper warming Elliott up at half time? He was in a goalkeeper kit but not named on the bench?

TKOA

Post by TKOA » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:11 pm

Spyman wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:23 pm
TKOA wrote:Two 3-1 Away defeats but I still don’t feel too downhearted. Obviously a long way to go in the season but we played good football at times it’s just that final ball that’s lacking. There’s definitely goals in this team, losing trotman was a massive blow this week and once we get Heaton back to full fitness that should help in defence, he didn’t look ower pleased with himself when he came off mind!
More like an inability to deal with the final ball!

We've scored in every game which is encouraging, but 7 conceded in 4 games is the problem.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Yes that too! 😂

Listening to his interview Armstrong is as frustrated as we are with the cheap goals given away. Let’s hope we sort that out once the team gels. I’ll start to panic if it’s still the same after 10-15 games.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:33 pm

Beano wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:34 pm
That's what they said about Colin Todd's 2009/10 team.... And Steve Staunton's. :problem:
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:39 pm

quaker4life wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:33 pm
Beano wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:34 pm
That's what they said about Colin Todd's 2009/10 team.... And Steve Staunton's. :problem:
Goodness me, time for bed! :lol:

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:42 pm

Darlo_CR wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:39 pm
Goodness me, time for bed! :lol:
Sweet Dreams. :mrgreen:
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:46 pm

Goals are here if you want them. Obviously can’t share them any further until after the embargo.

https://youtu.be/H0o8Xgv-IS8

50 years

Post by 50 years » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:44 pm

Played some good football in first 30 mins and were better team and should have scored but our finishing needs to be a little more clinical or luck. They came in it after that and more even game, when they scored it seemed like heads went down a bit another easy goal, we replied with a well worked goal. Two mins of extra time announced and hoof up field from there keeper and in the net. Both goals from poor marking and not being switched on.
Second half only one team in it and they could have doubled the score. We looked a beaten team in second half from the kick off, with no one on the pitch seeming to be able to steady the ship and organise. Lots of loose balls and over playing on the final pass, seeming to play as individuals, the opposite of the first half were they played as a team. Saying that we did have a few chances which seemed to fall to Thommo but the keeper was never having to make a save.

There were a fair few positives from the game, but looks like we have a mentally fragile team at the moment when things go against us which will improve once they get to understand each other a touch more I believe, but we may need an organiser in the team who I hope will be Armstrong when he is fit.

Early days and definately promise there.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:21 am

Is there a team in England with a better record against us than Curzon Ashton?

bga

Post by bga » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:10 am

50 years wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:44 pm
Played some good football in first 30 mins and were better team and should have scored but our finishing needs to be a little more clinical or luck. They came in it after that and more even game, when they scored it seemed like heads went down a bit another easy goal, we replied with a well worked goal. Two mins of extra time announced and hoof up field from there keeper and in the net. Both goals from poor marking and not being switched on.
Second half only one team in it and they could have doubled the score. We looked a beaten team in second half from the kick off, with no one on the pitch seeming to be able to steady the ship and organise. Lots of loose balls and over playing on the final pass, seeming to play as individuals, the opposite of the first half were they played as a team. Saying that we did have a few chances which seemed to fall to Thommo but the keeper was never having to make a save.

There were a fair few positives from the game, but looks like we have a mentally fragile team at the moment when things go against us which will improve once they get to understand each other a touch more I believe, but we may need an organiser in the team who I hope will be Armstrong when he is fit.

Early days and definately promise there.
Is AA coming out if retirement? :lol:

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:18 am

Did not see that result coming tbh, we controlled the game in the first 30 mins and they hardly had a shot whilst we were looking good and should have been in front.The free kick should not have been given for their first goal, they were going down very easily and the ref was falling for it every time but no excuse for the goal as they won the 2 headers leading to the goal.Great response for our goal in added time but to let them in straight after with awful defending was the game changer.

Not at the races 2nd half and another poor goal to concede.Must be honest here and give Curzon credit, they defended well in that first 30 mins and were more clinical in their finishing albeit from poor defending.
We need Atkinson in the team to give us more steel and hopefully Holmes, cut out the sloppiness at the back and get the 3 points on Saturday.Worrying there will be no Thommo and Southport will not be easy, but I still like the way AA has us playing, we need to be tougher in certain areas.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

50 years

Post by 50 years » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:33 am

bga wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:10 am

Is AA coming out if retirement? :lol:
I knew I should have posted this morning and not after I got back and settled down😴

I really meant Atkinson, honest.
🤔

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:35 am

They were fit, fast and effective on the ball but, to be honest, I don't think most sides will be as generous as we were in handing over easy chances to them. We'll have to meaner, tighter and more solid than that. Switching off in that slack manner for the crucial second goal after we had just clawed back an equaliser was very poor and set the tone for the second half.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:51 am

The defending for the last 2 goals :wtf:

Hopefully this is just teething problems and it can be sorted out - I'll be amazed if we can't get a decent defence out of the players we have available. I wonder when Atkinson will be back, as it will be interesting to see what impact having him sat in front of the CBs will have. Going forwards it looks like the understanding is starting to come

Shame to come back down to earth after Saturday's great performance, but perhaps a reminder of where we currently are - a work in progress