King’s Lynn

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

QUAKERMAN2
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: King’s Lynn

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:45 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Even given that individual errors have cost us this season, one thing I am absolutely certain of is that this club is in a better place with AA at the helm than it was with TW and we will move forward after AA had to completely overhaul the squad. I'll leave you with one comment from one of the 192 who witnessed Stratford's latest home defeat: "We are absolutely crap at the back ..Nothing on the wings. Attackers have no service. We not only look like relegation material we are playing like we WANT to be relegated."
This.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:09 pm

Quakerlad wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:18 pm
Agree with earlier post, just seems same story but with a different manager and players.
We don’t need defenders who can do Cruyf turns or ping 70 yard passes....we need them to be able to defend!!, and in nearly every game there are periods when they simply are not!
Again, lovely skilful footballers but where is the gritty ugly gits who want to win more than the opposition.
Understand that injuries have cost us 3 good players and Atkinson from playing in front of defence, but all team get injuries at some point.
Just not sure we have a cutting edge either, like I said, some lovely skilful footballers for sure but limited end product.
Unlike last year though, have no doubts about effort or work rate or the managers ability to put it right. Surely a right back on loan before Wednesday to release Atkinson into midfield is a no brainier!
I could have written that myself.

Any long ball down the middle and we are cut open.We need a big horrible CB and please God money for a RB loan.

Re the game we started well as we have in every one I have seen (all aways) this season but wilted when not scoring and then getting put under pressure.

If Kings Lyn go up they need to sort their organisation out as its not good atm.

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:13 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:46 am
quakersfan wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:23 am
Against my better judgement I went to Kings Lynn and we we were dire 2nd half. I’m beginning to think we should have stuck with Wright and continuity as this season we will end up mid lower table at best. with the budget spent it’s not going to get better imo.
AA is a proven manager, who has shown the the past an ability to bounce back from bad runs to go on great runs.

TW simply didn't have that ability and it always seemed like the players he brought in were a bit of a lottery.
A proven manager!! Let’s hope so brilliant if AA turns it round but as someone who has seen a lot of games this season both home & away we are not much better than last season.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:16 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:56 pm
We didn't need segregation though Lucan. On their website it said that it was because we were planning to bring over 250. There was nowhere near that many. I hope it wasn't because there have been incidents at some of our recent away matches. And there's still no excuse. A simple communication to DFC to put on our website warning fans of the potential problem so to purchase tickets in advance to avoid queuing was all it needed. We all have phones, so this would have solved it.
I spoke to some guys from Cambridge in a pub after the game who told me Kings Lyn have a few nut cases following them. Think segregated for that reason. Kings Lyn seemed to have a lot of 40/50 year old blokes who didnt seem to realise that they are now fat and bald.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:01 pm

"Kings Lyn seemed to have a lot of 40/50 year old blokes who didnt seem to realise that they are now fat and bald."

You see that's the inevitable result if you drink too much Carling Black Label on the terraces after an afternoon sesh in the boozer :D

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:40 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:16 pm
Kings Lyn seemed to have a lot of 40/50 year old blokes who didnt seem to realise that they are now fat and bald.
Yes, Kings Lynn are unique in this matter.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:15 am

We sometimes have a few nutcases following us and they're not necessarily fat, bald or in the 40/50 age bracket!

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:09 pm

Kings Lynn town now top of the national League north who would believe it - Hartlepool are starting to click in the division above too come on darlo time to put a run together.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:27 pm

Mister e wrote:Kings Lynn town now top of the national League north who would believe it - Hartlepool are starting to click in the division above too come on darlo time to put a run together.
Why wouldn't you believe it?? They have a bit of investment and have plans to go up they are a team with momentum... Did u follow them last season and season before? Unbeaten at home since last September so no mugs

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:38 pm

I think defeat at Kings Lynn won't look so bad come the end of the season, although defeat at home to BPA will probably look even worse.