Rugby League

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:41 pm

I guess that whoever gets relegated will hope that the Toronto Wolfpack go up this season, otherwise it could be tough to bounce back next season if they are still in the Championship.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:46 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:41 pm
I guess that whoever gets relegated will hope that the Toronto Wolfpack go up this season, otherwise it could be tough to bounce back next season if they are still in the Championship.
They are already promoted, which shows the advantage they have compared to when we came back up. They can sign players now knowing they have Skys money. Having won the league a week earlier than they did we had to wait 3 months because of the 8's.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:19 am

Are you sure Ed, I think they're are playoffs and the winners meet in Toronto for a one off promotion match. All they've won is the league leaders shield. Do you think Sky would allow promotion without a million pound game? So I agree it is unlikely but Toronto could be in the Championship next season, which means whoever gets relegated, are more than likely not going to get promoted next year.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:47 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:19 am
Are you sure Ed, I think they're are playoffs and the winners meet in Toronto for a one off promotion match. All they've won is the league leaders shield. Do you think Sky would allow promotion without a million pound game? So I agree it is unlikely but Toronto could be in the Championship next season, which means whoever gets relegated, are more than likely not going to get promoted next year.
Silly of me. Forgot about that.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:13 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:47 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:19 am
Silly of me. Forgot about that.
Senile dementia must be setting in , haha. :lol:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:37 am

Great victory for Salford over Warrington, opens the door for 2nd place to Wigan, Hull & Salford. The Wembley curse strikes again!!

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:46 pm

Been having a party in the Stade Gilbert Brutus after what has been a very good day for us. First Tony Smith signs a 3 year contract, which no-one expected until we knew we were safe then a convincing win over the Cats who never looked like troubling us.
Can't believe we still have not given Ryan Shaw a contract for next year. 20 points from the 24 we scored with 2 tries and his boot which is the best in SL by some distance now.
Quiet day with friends tomorrow before I set off on the journey home.First win over here for 8 years, (9 if you add Toulouse), so it will be my best return trip for some time.
Still annoyed I am having to change plans as I lose 2 days off my trip with ruddy Sky putting us on next Friday.
2 games to go. Still in our own hands, but it really should be over as we should at the very least have seen off Wakey with the run they have had.
Great to see Sam Tomkins prowling the stand and touchline while Joel ran the game !!!!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:41 pm

Great win for you Ed, really chuffed for you. A win for London tomorrow over Leeds, will rack up the pressure at the bottom of the table & make your game against them absolutely crucial. Results so far this weekend, have really gone well for Wigan, a win tomorrow should make us favourites to get second place. Enjoy the evening Ed & have a safe journey home.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:06 pm

Well the Leeds win at London Bronco's makes the picture at the bottom a lot clearer. If Hull KR win next week over London Bronco's then that will secure their Superleague future for another year.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:57 pm

Great result for Wigan, as we go clear in second spot. We've just got to beat Catalan next week & then Castleford in the final round. Both games are at home, so I fancy our chances.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:27 am

What a good weekend for KR.
As usual, Dull do everything they can to spoil things for us, but Udders winning apart that could not have gone any better.
Big worry now is that London are in last chance saloon on Friday night. They have proven over and over they will not lay down easily.
In fact the entire list of games left for the bottom clubs mean that there are still 4 teams in a very difficult situation.
Friday night apart from our game
Saints v Udders and
Warry v Wakey.
Last match
We are away to Salford
Udders have Cats at home and
Wakey v London.

All very interesting. And worrying !!!!!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:46 am

So you need to win on Friday, as I can't see you beating Salford. If London beat you, then I can see them winning at Wakefield. I guess if Warrington beat Wakefield, then that should see you mathematically be safe, as Wakefield & London can't both win next weekend.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:27 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:46 am
So you need to win on Friday, as I can't see you beating Salford. If London beat you, then I can see them winning at Wakefield. I guess if Warrington beat Wakefield, then that should see you mathematically be safe, as Wakefield & London can't both win next weekend.
Yes, so simple isn't it?

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:36 pm

Tigers outstanding tonight, got a chance for 5th place, Saints hopefully on it and I think we can give Wigan a game next week :clap: :clap: :clap:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:36 am

Great win for Cas Rob, now you only have to win next week at Wigan, hopefully the game will be on TV.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:06 am

robsraiders wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:36 pm
Tigers outstanding tonight, got a chance for 5th place, Saints hopefully on it and I think we can give Wigan a game next week :clap: :clap: :clap:
From the look of them last night Dull may be embarking on another of their 14 game no win runs. There were players out there in a Dull shirt exactly as last week. Knowing they are leaving and could not give a toss. Could not believe the amount of bitching and in fighting going on. As for Conner simply unbelievable.
Cas have fallen well off the pace. Quite a big rebuild job to do over the winter if they want to be up their fighting at the top.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:49 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:36 am
Great win for Cas Rob, now you only have to win next week at Wigan, hopefully the game will be on TV.
Dont have to win if Hull lose to Saints we will finish 5th - can you really see Hull beating them ?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:55 pm

robsraiders wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:49 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:36 am
Dont have to win if Hull lose to Saints we will finish 5th - can you really see Hull beating them ?
Not after last night I can't. But surely your ambitions must be to get as high as you can?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:55 pm

OMG I'm away working so didn't see the game tonight, but wow does that make Hull KR favourites to go down. I think Huddersfield will beat Catalan, so it's down to Hull KR winning at Leeds & I think London will win at Wakefield. I can see Hull KR going down Ed, sorry.

Great win for Wigan tonight, all set for the crunch match against Castleford next Friday.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:13 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:55 pm
OMG I'm away working so didn't see the game tonight, but wow does that make Hull KR favourites to go down. I think Huddersfield will beat Catalan, so it's down to Hull KR winning at Leeds & I think London will win at Wakefield. I can see Hull KR going down Ed, sorry.

Great win for Wigan tonight, all set for the crunch match against Castleford next Friday.
Injuries, injuries, injuries!!!!!! The story of our season.
2 players finished injured in 20 mins with a third a passenger until off for good just after half time. In total 5 will miss next weeks game at Salford !!!!!!!!!

First half we were poor but should have gone in level or at worst 2 down.Second half we bossed until the legs went and having got ahead we were dead on our feet the last 10 mins. Always felt they would get 1 more chance to run at us, and they did.
Now looks like Salford can put us down for the second time in 4 years !!!!!!
Unless we win, whoever goes down does so on points difference.
Heard that Sky are looking to move games. Surely Salford v KR and Wakey v London MUST kick off at the same time as 1 of the 3 will probably be going down as I can't see Cat's getting anything at Udders.
At least if we go down again it is all Sunday rugby !!!!

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:02 pm

All games now being played Friday night. That will cut crowds. The M62 on Friday night !!!!!!
The permutations are mind blowing.
Literally only Cat's have nothing to play for, which is a sod as they play Udders who need the win.

Sky and the RFL could not have asked for a better, tighter end to the season.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:23 pm

It's a tough call for Sky to pick which game to cover, as there are so many possibilities.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:37 am

I see the televised game chosen for Friday is Wakefield at home to London Broncos.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:32 am

You got it wrong Ed, as the Wigan v Castleford game is now on the Thursday, hopefully Wigan will cement their place in second place.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:55 pm

Meant all games involved at the bottom Pete.
Funnily enough not got much interest in the top end !!!!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:43 pm

Checked the odds for relegation from the Superleague & they are as follows.

London 1/2
Hull KR 9/4
Wakefield 10/1
Huddersfield 16/1

I reckon those are pretty attractive odds for Hull KR.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:56 pm

I can't see Hull KR winning at Salford, which will mean due to the point difference means Wakefield can't get relegated. So I can see London winning & sending Hull KR. I also see that Joel Tomkins has been banned for an extra game after make a frivolous appeal against his one games ban, which won't help either.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:43 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:56 pm
I can't see Hull KR winning at Salford, which will mean due to the point difference means Wakefield can't get relegated. So I can see London winning & sending Hull KR. I also see that Joel Tomkins has been banned for an extra game after make a frivolous appeal against his one games ban, which won't help either.
The club appealed not Joel. Did you see what happened? He went into a tackle and they landed on the floor. The guy he tackled gave Joel a slap so Joel slapped him back. Joel gets done and the other guy gets sod all.
It has got so bad we were laughing and saying we were lucky that Mulhern was not done for complaining to the ref about Mosoe being racially abused.
As they went to ruck down for a scrum Mulhern told the ref what had been said and he said he was putting it on report.
We have beaten Salford home and away so far this season so got to hope for the best.
While we obviously don't want to go down I always say I follow the badge and shirt, not the league we are in.
Have already renewed my membership for next year.
Good point, if we go down I will get to see a lot more matches as the games are all Sunday afternoon so no late night driving and tiring myself out.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:44 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:43 pm
Checked the odds for relegation from the Superleague & they are as follows.

London 1/2
Hull KR 9/4
Wakefield 10/1
Huddersfield 16/1

I reckon those are pretty attractive odds for Hull KR.
Who are they with?Like those odds and fancy a nibble.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:08 am

Easy win for Wigan in the end, after a tight first half. Hardaker certainly seemed to enjoy scoring against his old team. Castleford now have to rely on St Helens doing them a favour by winning at Hull tonight.