Hereford v tamworth

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

onewayup
Team Supported: Darlington

Hereford v tamworth

Post by onewayup » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:44 pm

Extra time Hereford v tamworth Nicholson playing very well

onewayup

Re: Hereford v tamworth

Post by onewayup » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:54 pm

Nicholson taken off,tamworth almost scored.but round post.

dsr

Post by dsr » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:19 pm

Penalties.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:20 pm

Penalties it is.

TKOA

Post by TKOA » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:25 pm

Missed their first 2!

TKOA

Post by TKOA » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:26 pm

Make that 3!

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:27 pm

Tamworth 1 ,0 up

TKOA

Post by TKOA » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:28 pm

Away to Tamworth we go!

Darlo2807

Post by Darlo2807 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:28 pm

Tamworth it is!

karlo-cardiff

Post by karlo-cardiff » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:29 pm

Have to fancy our chances there surely

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:32 pm

Plaggy pitch might just suit our passing game.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:36 pm

Not too sure I fancy the Tamworth draw as they seemed pretty decent against Hereford tonight, in fact I'd have fancied our chances more vs Hereford. Tamworth seem like a team and with confidence a level below us.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

TKOA

Post by TKOA » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:45 pm

Found it very strange that Hereford allowed their new signing who went by the name of B. Conlon to take three penalties. We’ll see what the FA make of that.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:35 pm

I am mega tense about this game already. Can we bring it forward to tomorrow and get it out the way?

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:41 pm

real_darlo_85 wrote:Not too sure I fancy the Tamworth draw as they seemed pretty decent against Hereford tonight, in fact I'd have fancied our chances more vs Hereford. Tamworth seem like a team and with confidence a level below us.
Tamworth are a decent side no doubt, although if it’s a choice between play-off contenders in our league, or play-off contenders in the division below, I’d take the lower league side all day long.

But you’re right, they’re a good side and will fancy it against us. They will feel they’ve not much to lose, and given we’re bottom half of the table, they will fancy causing an upset.

So it’s important not to get complacent just because we’re facing a lower league side. I remember us playing Farnborough in the 3rd Round proper about 15 years ago. We were in League Two (or Division 3 as it was) and big favourites to win at home v a non-league side.

We lost and missed out on a game against Arsenal in the next round.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:48 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:41 pm

So it’s important not to get complacent just because we’re facing a lower league side. I remember us playing Farnborough in the 3rd Round proper about 15 years ago. We were in League Two (or Division 3 as it was) and big favourites to win at home v a non-league side.

Indeed. And who can forget Telford 1985? We'd just beaten Boro and were in a promotion season yet drew at home and got tonked in the replay, missing out on a trip to Everton.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:12 am

They are going well but in terms of an away tie I would rather this one than any in the league above and lots in our league like a side such as Brackley, York or King's Lynn. It's a better tie than Hereford and far closer, allowing more fans to go and back us.

I also don't think the plastic pitch will count against us as it does allow you to knock the ball about and I would rather that than a ploughed field where you need to keep it in the air.

I don't think previous record there counts at all, just in the same way that our previous FA Cup record has not counted so far this season. We've also got rid of our away hoodoo.

We should be very positive about this, without being complacent or over-confident. If we are at our best, we know we have the players with the ability and attitude to win this. I think, if anything, there may be over-confidence that creeps in on Tamworth's part and they will believe this is an easily winnable tie having already seen off a higher placed side than us. Probably in the same way that the Hereford fans cheered the draw and had been looking forward to what they regarded as a "very winnable tie against Darlington".

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:03 am

LoidLucan wrote:They are going well but in terms of an away tie I would rather this one than any in the league above and lots in our league like a side such as Brackley, York or King's Lynn. It's a better tie than Hereford and far closer, allowing more fans to go and back us.

I also don't think the plastic pitch will count against us as it does allow you to knock the ball about and I would rather that than a ploughed field where you need to keep it in the air.

I don't think previous record there counts at all, just in the same way that our previous FA Cup record has not counted so far this season. We've also got rid of our away hoodoo.

We should be very positive about this, without being complacent or over-confident. If we are at our best, we know we have the players with the ability and attitude to win this. I think, if anything, there may be over-confidence that creeps in on Tamworth's part and they will believe this is an easily winnable tie having already seen off a higher placed side than us. Probably in the same way that the Hereford fans cheered the draw and had been looking forward to what they regarded as a "very winnable tie against Darlington".
My thoughts entirely.The fact that this game is a lot closer for us, our fans can make a massive difference, the players acknowledge this and we will have a big following without doubt.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:09 am

When asked about the Darlington game, the Tamworth management have already said: "We don't fear anyone." They believe they've got a very winnable tie on their own patch.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:52 am

LoidLucan wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:09 am
When asked about the Darlington game, the Tamworth management have already said: "We don't fear anyone." They believe they've got a very winnable tie on their own patch.
They have nothing to lose now do they. I expect they are confident after beating Hereford and their current league performance will give them confidence they can compete with a mid-table team in the division above.

I wouldn't read too much into the soundbite though. When was the last time you heard a manager say that his team were scared about facing their opposition.

At the same time we have to be confident as well - we are playing lower league opposition.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:42 am

biccynana wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:48 pm
Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:41 pm

Indeed. And who can forget Telford 1985? We'd just beaten Boro and were in a promotion season yet drew at home and got tonked in the replay, missing out on a trip to Everton.
I still to this day have the odd word with a few Telford fans about that game on various forums.
"TONKED"? A lot more polite than most used to describe what happened. The only consolation to me was that living in the WM I only had a short drive home.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:42 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:03 am
LoidLucan wrote:They are going well but in terms of an away tie I would rather this one than any in the league above and lots in our league like a side such as Brackley, York or King's Lynn. It's a better tie than Hereford and far closer, allowing more fans to go and back us.

My thoughts entirely.The fact that this game is a lot closer for us, our fans can make a massive difference, the players acknowledge this and we will have a big following without doubt.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
Ron, there's a few of us going. Take the baby with you and we'll see you there.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:43 am

as someone else has already mentioned on a different thread. She play Sat/Tue before meeting us on sat. Let's hope they tire. We might need Donawa in that second half again when legs are tired

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:32 pm

lo36789 wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:
They have nothing to lose now do they. I expect they are confident after beating Hereford and their current league performance will give them confidence they can compete with a mid-table team in the division above.

I wouldn't read too much into the soundbite though. When was the last time you heard a manager say that his team were scared about facing their opposition.

At the same time we have to be confident as well - we are playing lower league opposition.
I remember Barry Fry once using reverse psychology when he was Birmingham manager after they drew Boro in the league cup. Boro had Juninho, Barmby, Hignett and were doing well as a newly promoted premiership team. Birmingham were an average second tier side. The score : Brum 2 Boro 0 !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:55 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Lambs to the slaughter.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:19 pm

banktopp wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:55 pm
LoidLucan wrote:
Lambs to the slaughter.
Thought Tamworths are pigs🤔

polarbear
Team Supported: spennymoor

Post by polarbear » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:32 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Don't sound good, a very winnable tie, do you want a swap for Chorley

grytters

Post by grytters » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:28 pm

jjljks wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:19 pm
banktopp wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:55 pm
LoidLucan wrote:
Lambs to the slaughter.
Thought Tamworths are pigs🤔
Lambs

After The Lamb Ground which was adjacent to the Lamb Inn
Bring Back the Quarters

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:52 pm

LoidLucan wrote:When asked about the Darlington game, the Tamworth management have already said: "We don't fear anyone." They believe they've got a very winnable tie on their own patch.
And so they should

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:17 pm

Best not under-estimate them. Apparently the club has a "performance analyst" who produced a video of the penalties that Hereford take. Her preparations weren't needed for a couple of the spotkicks which were last seen on a trajectory to the Moon :D