Hospitality price for K'minster game.

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

theoriginalfatcat
Team Supported: Darlington

Hospitality price for K'minster game.

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:40 pm

Unless I've misunderstood this it seems that season ticket holders and 500 club members miss out - which is isn't a good policy.

From the club site --
"Taking into account that the normal admission price for a home game is £14, then you're only paying £11 for a meal and a programme.

Commercial director Craig Morley said; “I would like to offer all Darlington fans the opportunity to experience hospitality at the Kidderminster game. Whether you are a paying fan, a season ticket holder, a 500 club member or part of the Darlington FC Supporters Group, the price for the evening will be £25 to include pie, peas and chips, and matchday programme. You can also get a great view of the game from our balcony.”

Season ticket holders and 500 club members have already paid for this game so therefore this should be taken into account by a reduction, even if it's not the full £14.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

QuakerPete

Re: Hospitality price for K'minster game.

Post by QuakerPete » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:35 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:Unless I've misunderstood this it seems that season ticket holders and 500 club members miss out - which is isn't a good policy.

From the club site --
"Taking into account that the normal admission price for a home game is £14, then you're only paying £11 for a meal and a programme.

Commercial director Craig Morley said; “I would like to offer all Darlington fans the opportunity to experience hospitality at the Kidderminster game. Whether you are a paying fan, a season ticket holder, a 500 club member or part of the Darlington FC Supporters Group, the price for the evening will be £25 to include pie, peas and chips, and matchday programme. You can also get a great view of the game from our balcony.”

Season ticket holders and 500 club members have already paid for this game so therefore this should be taken into account by a reduction, even if it's not the full £14.
I’m a season ticket holder , I really don’t care if I’m ‘missing out’ on a few quid. I’d rather the hospitality was sold out each game to fund the club to the maximum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:51 am

I second that pete. :thumbup:

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:50 am

QuakerPete wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:35 am
theoriginalfatcat wrote:Unless I've misunderstood this it seems that season ticket holders and 500 club members miss out - which is isn't a good policy.

From the club site --

I’m a season ticket holder , I really don’t care if I’m ‘missing out’ on a few quid. I’d rather the hospitality was sold out each game to fund the club to the maximum

I see your point Pete, however it's not about hospitality getting "sold out" - it's about maximising profit, which is a good thing in general but in this case it promotes a deal which is in unfair for the reason I've explained above. They'd have more chance of "selling out" if they encompassed all of the fanbase.

Or to put it bluntly - I'm a season ticket holder, I would like to take advantage of hospitality, but feel it's too expensive and not a level playing field.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:35 am

I'm sure the Craig & the club are aware as it has been mentioned previously, but they seem happy with responses at prices set; so just buy your pie and programme on ground floor as the rest of us season ticket holders. It might be an offer is made exclusively for season and 500 members for a future game?

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:46 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
QuakerPete wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:35 am

From the club site --

I see your point Pete, however it's not about hospitality getting "sold out" - it's about maximising profit, which is a good thing in general but in this case it promotes a deal which is in unfair for the reason I've explained above. They'd have more chance of "selling out" if they encompassed all of the fanbase.

Or to put it bluntly - I'm a season ticket holder, I would like to take advantage of hospitality, but feel it's too expensive and not a level playing field.
You’ve got a difficult job on trying to square the circle if you want to maximise profits but consider the offer too expensive and at the same time it’s not a level playing field. In the grand scheme of things it’s not going to be big bucks if used several times a season but might be the difference between profit and not worth it. I’m sure the club will try to do its best by all.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:05 pm

Just been browsing the Liverpool FC site. Hospitality for the Derby is only £432!!!!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:01 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:05 pm
Just been browsing the Liverpool FC site. Hospitality for the Derby is only £432!!!!
You'll be taking the whole family then? :D

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:10 pm

I get why some season ticket holders are annoyed at potentially having to pay more than others - but have you tried emailing the club and seeing if they'll do the upgrade? Someone might sort it out for you.

I think the hospitality at a reasonable price is a good way for us to get more punters in. Right now, a midweek game in a relatively open stadium isn't terribly appealing to a lot of people. I hope one day we might develop some more hospitality options somehow, as I think it's a good way to get people in.