Walsall V Darlington FA Cup First Round Proper

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

onewayup
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Walsall V Darlington FA Cup First Round Proper

Post by onewayup » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:06 pm

I think next Wednesday ,maybe for replay.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:17 pm

Hope it’s not the 20th. I’ve got a Branch meeting to chair.
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Darlogramps

Walsall V Darlington FA Cup First Round Proper

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:19 pm

Replay is definitely a week on Wednesday - the 20th. Club have said this previously and it’s in the Walsall programme too.

FlashScores is crap - had Jarrett Rivers as the scorer of the second.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:19 pm

FA website has it wed 20th

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:24 pm

As for the game - wow. Utterly bonkers. I’ve not celebrated like that since the Spennymoor play-off.

The least we deserved was a replay, although the number of chances Walsall wasted was ridiculous. You could see the equaliser coming, we just didn’t have an outlet at all and the ball kept coming straight back.

Bad error from Connell for the second. Everyone knows that so no need to dwell on it, we move on.

And as for the equaliser, fair play to Wheatley for the getting there and Bascome for a cracking delivery into the right spot. Their defending was all over the place but no one cares.

And the away fans were just immense. 1200 is a superb effort - hopefully some of those will translate into a few more regulars this season.

All in all a cracking afternoon and I can’t wait for the replay.

Magical Quakers

Post by Magical Quakers » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:28 pm

FA website has the fixture as Weds 20th subject to tv schedule.

http://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/fixtures

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:41 pm

Hopefully Leyton O, Bristol Rovers and Macclesfield win their games tomorrow which should give us a great chance of our replay being televised.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:49 pm

Darlogramps wrote:As for the game - wow. Utterly bonkers. I’ve not celebrated like that since the Spennymoor play-off.

The least we deserved was a replay, although the number of chances Walsall wasted was ridiculous. You could see the equaliser coming, we just didn’t have an outlet at all and the ball kept coming straight back.

Bad error from Connell for the second. Everyone knows that so no need to dwell on it, we move on.

And as for the equaliser, fair play to Wheatley for the getting there and Bascome for a cracking delivery into the right spot. Their defending was all over the place but no one cares.

And the away fans were just immense. 1200 is a superb effort - hopefully some of those will translate into a few more regulars this season.

Answer me this IF Elliott had made the mistake would he of been made a scapegoat??? Only asking no malice towards anyone

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Darlo_Rob

Post by Darlo_Rob » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:04 pm

HarrytheQuaker in non positive post shocker

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:06 pm

Replay has been added to the club's fixture list. Wednesday 20th :roll:

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:11 pm

Darlo_Rob wrote:HarrytheQuaker in non positive post shocker
It's not a non positive post I'm just asking the question others will fail to ask..

Darlo_Rob

Post by Darlo_Rob » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:17 pm

If you had first posted congratulating the team for a great performance and result, I might have believed you, but as you haven’t we all know it’s same old Harry.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:20 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:As for the game - wow. Utterly bonkers. I’ve not celebrated like that since the Spennymoor play-off.

Answer me this IF Elliott had made the mistake would he of been made a scapegoat??? Only asking no malice towards anyone

Really? We’ve just had a great result, a dramatic match and a fantastic away following.

And you’re trying to make a point about fans scapegoating. Give it a rest and be happy for once.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:42 pm

I'm over the moon it were a great game and day out.. lighten up ffs ... Maybe I should of waited a few days before asking a difficult question
..Apologies sorry people

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:57 pm

Ball number 21 on Monday... here's hoping for an extra incentive to win the replay! :thumbup:
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:29 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:I'm over the moon it were a great game and day out.. lighten up ffs ... Maybe I should of waited a few days before asking a difficult question
..Apologies sorry people

You weren’t asking a difficult question, you were trying to make a point so you could have a pop at Darlo fans again. It was so transparent. You were going to claim Elliott would’ve been scapegoated by Darlington fans if he’d made the same mistake, thus enabling you to have another go at other Darlington fans, which for some reason you always do.

People have become wise to it and frankly it’s become tiresome. Let’s just enjoy what’s been a good day without resorting to having a go at other fans.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:39 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:I'm over the moon it were a great game and day out.. lighten up ffs ... Maybe I should of waited a few days before asking a difficult question
..Apologies sorry people

You weren’t asking a difficult question, you were trying to make a point so you could have a pop at Darlo fans again. It was so transparent. You were going to claim Elliott would’ve been scapegoated by Darlington fans if he’d made the same mistake, thus enabling you to have another go at other Darlington fans, which for some reason you always do.

People have become wise to it and frankly it’s become tiresome. Let’s just enjoy what’s been a good day without resorting to having a go at other fans.
Agreed

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:12 am

Great performance from the players and fans.

That said I cant remember in all my years of following football watching a team miss as many easy chances as Walsall did today, we will have to be tighter in the replay.

Can see some of our players (and manager) being targeted by other clubs. What a job AA has done.

In 2 draws on Monday, sure its the FA Trophy?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:35 am

Thought Hatfield was MOTM, as he was all over the park & when he had the ball he was superb. Just seen the highlights & the build up for the first goal was of a standard far above our level of football. I doubt if we'd still be in the FA Cup if our fans hadn't turned out in such awesome numbers. Thought there ground was very smart, the pitch considering the conditions was brilliant & the hospitality towards Darlo fans, with them organising a smart hotel for pre-match drinks was excellent.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:09 am

Looking at the results from yesterday we were the only team that came close to pulling off a shock in the cup. Dependent on results today I fully expect us to be the televised replay, not sure which show them bbc or bt.

Now to sell out Blackwell Meadows, when do the tickets go on sale?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:49 am

FA cup highlights from the weekend on BBC 2 from 5-15 to 6-45. I'm positive we'll be one of the featured matches & I'd be amazed if the replay isn't televised. Our support was a different class & considering the distance it was at a level way above a Conference North side sides level. The full effect of our crowd was very evident in the celebrations of our late equaliser.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:05 am

quakerste wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:09 am
Looking at the results from yesterday we were the only team that came close to pulling off a shock in the cup. Dependent on results today I fully expect us to be the televised replay, not sure which show them bbc or bt.

Now to sell out Blackwell Meadows, when do the tickets go on sale?
Stourbridge ran Eastleigh close until they equalised late on. A contender for TV coverage albeit they will be away for their replay obviously, I think at the moment if you are looking for a replay shock we must be top of the list (Sunday matches pending)?
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:11 am

They do tend to favour games involving non-league sides versus league sides with the non-league side at home at a tight little packed ground, particularly when there looks to be a good chance of an upset, which is what they are really hoping for. They want a good chance of a shock with plumbers, postmen and teachers hailed as heroes against full-time professionals.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:26 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:FA cup highlights from the weekend on BBC 2 from 5-15 to 6-45. I'm positive we'll be one of the featured matches & I'd be amazed if the replay isn't televised. Our support was a different class & considering the distance it was at a level way above a Conference North side sides level. The full effect of our crowd was very evident in the celebrations of our late equaliser.
Just give Darlo fans a big game and they always take fantastic away support, Whitby for example and not to mention The Pride of Durham up the road.Imagine if we were pushing for promotion or even in the playoffs, only York would come anywhere close to us in this league.You knew we would have great support at Walsall but that turnout was awesome.Now let's have the same atmosphere in the replay.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:50 am

Anyone else with a sore head today? :silent:

That was brilliant. I haven't quite got the words yet, but doing something like that at an actual league ground... it felt like we were back. Just a bit. I hope the replay translates into our first big night at Blackwell. We can rattle them for sure, and they're there for the taking. Making the second round could make such a difference to the clubs finances right now.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:20 am

Well the replay will earn us a fair bit of money, even if it isn't televised.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:47 am

For any game I'm always amazed at our numbers and home clubs must love us. And yes, yesterday was up there with the best of my 40+ years of travelling, only downside was the mini pitch invasion. It was strange not to see the usual faces in that vast crowd!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:56 am

Agreed there were plenty of people that don't usually go to away games & a good few that no doubt don't normally go to games. No doubt they will have been impressed with how we play & hopefully it won't be long before that come again to a game. I saw you DBTS walking along the front of the stand, but the noise was that loud I couldn't give you a shout.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:57 am

Maybe the Bermudan boys will not be available for the replay? Any chance of some others being fit for selection? Hopefully the crowd can get behind the lads again & make the ddifference.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:14 am

I can't find any information on how many replays usually get televised. I see it was one game on the BBC and 3 on BT for this round.

I'm hoping we caught the imagination with the finish and the large away following yesterday, and the potential for an upset. We have a bit of a story to tell as well. Apparently each televised game this round has been worth 75k. That'd be huge for us. Let's hope.