Flares /pyrotechnics

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

karlo-cardiff
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Flares /pyrotechnics

Post by karlo-cardiff » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:31 am

Isn't it a criminal offense to carry or use smoke bombs... If so then those responsible should be arrested and charged

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:36 am

quakersfan wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:43 pm
It’s up to theClub to pay for competent stewards for a game like this they should have maximised provision bearing in mind the money we have accumulated.
. I’m not sure who decides amount of stewards but I’ve heard it’s the chair of DFCSG who signs it off.

Chatting to JS at least there was no running on the pitch as that’s where the FA fines come from.
On another note support Rob Duncan with his latest fundraising event as it looks a good night.

In summary a disappointing but not unexpected night
Pretty sure it's something agreed by safety group which includes police, council and football club safety officer.

It's not something to lay at the door of a single individual at the club

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:56 am

Bloody hell why have you darlo pete take to blaming our volunteer stewards, it's the bloody idiots who are bringing those pyrotechnics into grounds that are the problem, after the club and several other outlets asking for fans to behave and not use throw flares i think everything was done that could be, pete would you being a brave lad go into the tin shed to pull someone out from the back, anyone with sence would not they would be mobbed by the said idiots friends

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:05 am

The stewards from Boro will have been paid probably a minimum of £50, our volunteer stewards were not on the pitch at the end of the game, they were elsewhere doing important stuff. The idiots throwing flares were clearly Darlo fans, they were just there for a laugh & to try & get on TV. I couldn't believe people round me were cheering as the idiots on the pitch managed to avoid the half hearted attempts of one or two of the stewards to detain them.

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:30 am

Wonder if the BT cameras will have caught any of the idiots on video. Hopefully if they have we can ban them and maybe get the police involved.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:44 am

I'm sure they will have been filming it, even though it won't have been shown on TV at the time.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:28 am

onewayup wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:56 am
Bloody hell why have you darlo pete take to blaming our volunteer stewards, it's the bloody idiots who are bringing those pyrotechnics into grounds that are the problem, after the club and several other outlets asking for fans to behave and not use throw flares i think everything was done that could be, pete would you being a brave lad go into the tin shed to pull someone out from the back, anyone with sence would not they would be mobbed by the said idiots friends
We need to take a leaf out of Hereford United's book. When big games came along such as Wolves at home in the cup, off duty soldiers from
"The Regiment", stationed nearby, would be employed as stewards. Never any trouble, word quickly spread who the stewards were.
Isn't Catterick nearby to Darlo ? I don't think hauling yobs out of the tin shed would prove a problem for them.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:56 am

dfc4me wrote:Wonder if the BT cameras will have caught any of the idiots on video. Hopefully if they have we can ban them and maybe get the police involved.
If the scum can be somehow identified, I really hope they get bans in terms of years rather than months.What’s between their ears for God’s sake after all the pleading from the club and the possibility of heavy fines.
Get them named and shamed and good riddance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:01 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:56 am
dfc4me wrote:Wonder if the BT cameras will have caught any of the idiots on video. Hopefully if they have we can ban them and maybe get the police involved.
If the scum can be somehow identified, I really hope they get bans in terms of years rather than months.What’s between their ears for God’s sake after all the pleading from the club and the possibility of heavy fines.

They'll probably be identified as people who never normally go to a home games. I don't think any proper Darlo fan would have been acting like those idiots at the end of the game.

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:10 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:56 am

There were people attempting to take photos of them, not sure if they managed to get any.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:26 pm

All Events Security, I believe a Darlington company, always provide the extra stewarding at a considerable cost to the club. What is the point of paying for stewards that are incapable of doing what they are paid to do. I'd bring in another security company straight away & demand a refund for what happened last night.

Geordie Quaker

Post by Geordie Quaker » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:47 pm

What bothered me was the fact that the police seem to be stationed outside at FT. They clearly were not instructed / arsed enough to go and assist the stewards in front of the Tin Shed.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:50 pm

Geordie Quaker wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:47 pm
What bothered me was the fact that the police seem to be stationed outside at FT. They clearly were not instructed / arsed enough to go and assist the stewards in front of the Tin Shed.
If the police are stationed inside the ground, then the club has to pay for them. That is why clubs use stewards, to save money

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:11 pm

There may as well have been no stewards there for all the use they were. :thumbdown:

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:22 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:26 pm
All Events Security, I believe a Darlington company, always provide the extra stewarding at a considerable cost to the club. What is the point of paying for stewards that are incapable of doing what they are paid to do. I'd bring in another security company straight away & demand a refund for what happened last night.
All Events went bust earlier this year. The club now use another supplier.

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:14 pm

What we need now is a plan to stop this happening again. Requests on website or social media didn’t work. Tannoy announcements didn’t work. Bag searches at turnstiles didn’t work. These are yobs who see football as an excuse to behave like idiots and only turn up for matches that have crowds large enough to hide in, stand as far back as they can so security can’t reach them and because there is a group of them the average fan won’t do anything for fear of getting their head kicked in.

I don’t know what the solution is. Searching likely suspects would be difficult. Maybe station security at the back of the tin shed as well as the front as it is easier to spot a flare from behind and above the thrower.

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:20 pm

Happily we won't have this issue again until our next big game comes along, because these morons only attend games that are in the spotlight.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:32 pm

You can't prevent it only deter. The only additional deterrent is a guarantee of being identified and charged.

If technology can identify every item you have put in your basket at a supermarket and charge you as you walk out the shop it could effectively provide monitoring / identification of everyone in the ground.

I am not sure we have the same budget as Amazon though.

Airport style security is possible the closest to an actually preventative control I could think of.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:56 pm

dfc4me wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:14 pm
What we need now is a plan to stop this happening again. Requests on website or social media didn’t work. Tannoy announcements didn’t work. Bag searches at turnstiles didn’t work. These are yobs who see football as an excuse to behave like idiots and only turn up for matches that have crowds large enough to hide in, stand as far back as they can so security can’t reach them and because there is a group of them the average fan won’t do anything for fear of getting their head kicked in.

I don’t know what the solution is. Searching likely suspects would be difficult. Maybe station security at the back of the tin shed as well as the front as it is easier to spot a flare from behind and above the thrower.
You can add the extra stewards didn't work to that long list of things that didn't work!!!!

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:10 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:56 pm
dfc4me wrote:

You can add the extra stewards didn't work to that long list of things that didn't work!!!!
Jesus, Pete, we get it. You're annoyed about the stewards.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:07 pm

The stewards should have moved people as soon as they started to stand there but by the time they came along it was 4 deep and then im

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:09 pm

should read impossible to move anyone as for the vaping and smoking they took no notice at all

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:12 pm

biccynana wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:10 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
dfc4me wrote:

Maybe he, like me, is pissed off that, yet again, a group of morons who don't give a toss about the club think it is ok for the club to be fined for their behaviour because they will "do what I want" !!!!
What it the point of people working their arses of creating events such as Les does to help earn money for the club when a bloody big lump of it is wasted because single brain cell morons think they have the right to do whatever they want?
Don't have a go at Pete for having the balls to say they are in the wrong. Have a go at the morons causing the trouble in the first place.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:29 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:12 pm
biccynana wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
dfc4me wrote:

Maybe he, like me, is pissed off that, yet again, a group of morons who don't give a toss about the club think it is ok for the club to be fined for their behaviour because they will "do what I want" !!!!
What it the point of people working their arses of creating events such as Les does to help earn money for the club when a bloody big lump of it is wasted because single brain cell morons think they have the right to do whatever they want?
Don't have a go at Pete for having the balls to say they are in the wrong. Have a go at the morons causing the trouble in the first place.
Which bit of "Jesus, Pete, we get it. You're annoyed about the stewards" is me 'having a go' (if you must :roll: ) at Pete for saying the flare throwers were in the wrong?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:50 pm

What can a steward actually do if someone has hidden a flare to get it in the ground - absolutely nothing - the person would have done it anyway.

Checks like the ones suggested at the gate are never going to be perfect stuff will always get through why do you think airports don't just do a quick bag check.

Blame the stewards for other stuff but frankly it sounds like there wasn't much common sense going on if everyone is crowding in a small area when from the looks of the footage there were huge gaps in the 'away' end. As for the flares that would have happened regardless and as for people getting on the pitch (which wasn't televised) well the Champions League final had a pitch invasion so again it's hardly like it a dead cert prevention.

Pete claimed he didn't know that Walsall were only in a small section. I knew before the game and I wasn't even there god knows how you couldn't realise when you are actually in the ground.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:17 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:12 pm
biccynana wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
dfc4me wrote:

Cheers for that Ed. A young lad directly in front of me, kept trying to start a song about their keeper being a peado, I taped him on the shoulder & asked him how he'd like his dad being called a paedo, he said sorry & shut up. One small victory.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:22 pm

Tapped Pete.

You tapped him on the shoulder.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:24 pm

Sorry didn't realise the English Language police were out tonight, haha.

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:18 pm

There’s rumours that the fine could be in the region of £25k..

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:28 pm

Darlo_CR wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:18 pm
There’s rumours that the fine could be in the region of £25k..
From where?