Fa trophy match day programme

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Mister e
Team Supported: Darlington

Fa trophy match day programme

Post by Mister e » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:46 pm

Wonder if we issue a full size programme tomorrow rather than these cheap eight page efforts we sometimes produce. I realize costs come into the equation but I think we would sell more if we produced a proper issue like we did for each game in 2011 the year we won it. I've just had a a sneak peek on our rivals website and their peddling an action packed copy of the blue print tomorrow afternoon. Just my personal opinion but I think if you're issuing a watered down issue of your match day programme we're perhaps not giving the fa trophy the respect that we should.

Darlogramps
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Fa trophy match day programme

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:12 pm

Mister e wrote:Wonder if we issue a full size programme tomorrow rather than these cheap eight page efforts we sometimes produce. I realize costs come into the equation but I think we would sell more if we produced a proper issue like we did for each game in 2011 the year we won it. I've just had a a sneak peek on our rivals website and their peddling an action packed copy of the blue print tomorrow afternoon. Just my personal opinion but I think if you're issuing a watered down issue of your match day programme we're perhaps not giving the fa trophy the respect that we should.
You’ve answered your own question, it comes down to cost.

Good quality programmes aren’t cheap to make, and given there’s usually lower attendances for early round Trophy games, there’s usually lower demand for a programme too.

If you notice, it’s the same with postponed home games too. They tend to be the programme from the original postponed game, rather than a brand new issue. Again it’s all down to cost. Nothing to do with respect for the competition.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY