Gary Brown

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Old Git
Team Supported: Darlington

Gary Brown

Post by Old Git » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:29 pm

Having listened to his interview on the website he seems to be dropping plenty of hints that he would love to return to Darlington when his contract expires at the end of the season.
Would fans wish him to return? Personally I would be happy to see him return but think he may be more of a squad player these days.However,we all know he would give 100% and he is passionate about the club

loan_star

Re: Gary Brown

Post by loan_star » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:36 pm

Yes I would have him back as a squad player.

FozzQuaker

Post by FozzQuaker » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:59 pm

Old Git wrote:Having listened to his interview on the website he seems to be dropping plenty of hints that he would love to return to Darlington when his contract expires at the end of the season.
Would fans wish him to return? Personally I would be happy to see him return but think he may be more of a squad player these days.However,we all know he would give 100% and he is passionate about the club
Most definitely would love to have him back, he may be getting on now, but he would be a handy squad player with a view to transitioning into coaching maybe.

For me, in 2012 he was everything I wanted to see in a Darlo player, giving his all, running through brick walls for the team, and his passion for the club always shines through.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

ex-exile

Post by ex-exile » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:46 pm

He was a very good player in the lower leagues but unfortunately time is catching up with him now,I was not convinced that he was up to this league standard and now two years later no.Always gave 110% and his commitment was never in question but we need young players that will improve our team.

Darlospike

Post by Darlospike » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:00 pm

Playing days are behind him sadly, but still could have a role in our future. I'd love him back in the fold, our young lads could and would benefit from it and him for sure. Questions are.... do we have a role for him.... are we in a position to pay him a wage?
Definitely be a positive around the place for me.

Darlogramps

Gary Brown

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:21 pm

If our aim is promotion and to stop thinking in the short-term, I don’t really see why we would consider him.

A great player in his time with us, but as I understand it he’s not first choice for a NPL team now.

Moreover, if we’re developing a team capable of reaching the National League, I’m not sure how he fits into that. His best playing days are behind him.

And given our resources, can we afford to sign players purely to be squad players? I would say everyone we sign should be capable of playing a long run in the first team in case of injuries, as we’ve seen this season. Would we be confident of giving him a long run of fixtures at this level?

That said, I’d love to see him in a coaching role and I think he’d be excellent. I thought he and Turnbull did a superb job in steadying the ship after Gray’s sudden exit and the farce with Atkinson/Gregan.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:43 pm

I can't see Gary coming back to play for us. At the end of his tenure with us, he was losing his pace. I'd love to see him back at the club in some sort of coaching role, but not as a player.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:12 pm

Sounds to me like it was a good night in hospitality :lol:

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:20 pm

If we could find a role for him I'd love to see him back. Maybe there's some sort of coaching role? Another one for the "three times a Quaker" list!
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:32 pm

mikkyx wrote:If we could find a role for him I'd love to see him back. Maybe there's some sort of coaching role? Another one for the "three times a Quaker" list!
Should never have been released by TW, yet another crazy decision by him, was certainly good enough for us.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk