O'Neill recalled

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: O'Neill recalled

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:40 am

Quaker85 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:03 am
Match report from Tyrones game yesterday

https://thegrassrootstourist.com/2019/1 ... alace-u23/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well Tyrone doesn't get much of a mention in that very thorough game summary. In fact just once as far as I can see.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:04 pm

Wiseacre wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:43 pm
Noticed O'Neill went on after 70 minutes at Leeds but there was nothing of note in the report. The Boro dressing room must be a glum spot at the moment I'm sure it would be better for the lad back here and as they're likely to make big changes with their management team soon the club might let us have him again. It's hard for a young prospect on a troubled ship the good ship Quakers would be a better berth. Also we could score a few more goals again.
If he goes out again, it won't be at our level.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:44 am

Been 4 months since he was recalled, hopefully AA can get this over the line , be a big boost for the run in for the playoffs.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:54 am

Yes we lack goals unfortunately Martin hasn’t been the answer O’Neill can score goals from nothing

“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:16 am

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:Yes we lack goals unfortunately Martin hasn’t been the answer O’Neill can score goals from nothing

In fairness to Gary Martin,he is well short of match fitness and probably not shown what he is capable of.Tyrone has been playing regularly and would be a perfect fit for us for the rest of the season especially as Adam Campbell is playing well IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:42 am

TBH I haven't seen enough of Martin to be sure and guess he is not matchfit. On the other hand, O'Neill was just making a great partnership with Cams before Woodgate pulled him back and Tyrone has potentially a great future ahead of him in the game. Let's get him signed up before Woody gets sacked as any decent manager would recognise this.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:39 pm

Wasn't O'Neill on the bench for Boro tonight? ls it strange he was on the pitch pre-match for us on Saturday and then on their bench tonight, can't fathom what's going on with this situation at the moment? :crazy:
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

divas

Post by divas » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:50 pm

Patrick Roberts and Ashley Fletcher both injured tonight and Stephen Walker / Mitch Curry out on loan so there to make the numbers up more than anything. He still had Nmecha ahead of him on the bench.

I’m more interested to know what his contract situation is - whether he’ll become a free agent in the summer or not. Not that bothered about another loan spell this season but if we could somehow get him in for next season permanently it would be a seriously good signing. He obviously gets on with the lads which is why he was there on Saturday.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:52 am

real_darlo_85 wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:39 pm
Wasn't O'Neill on the bench for Boro tonight? ls it strange he was on the pitch pre-match for us on Saturday and then on their bench tonight, can't fathom what's going on with this situation at the moment? :crazy:
I think he was only because Assombalonga was sick at late notice. Otherwise, he would not have been.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:55 am

divas wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:50 pm
I’m more interested to know what his contract situation is - whether he’ll become a free agent in the summer or not. Not that bothered about another loan spell this season but if we could somehow get him in for next season permanently it would be a seriously good signing. He obviously gets on with the lads which is why he was there on Saturday.
He'd be a great signing for next season - he was just getting going when he was recalled and he should only get better. I'd be surprised if he didn't get offers from pro clubs though if he does get released.

divas

Post by divas » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:28 pm

al_quaker wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:55 am
divas wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:50 pm
He'd be a great signing for next season - he was just getting going when he was recalled and he should only get better. I'd be surprised if he didn't get offers from pro clubs though if he does get released.
Agreed, it’s a huge long shot but he didn’t end up going out on loan again in January after Boro had signed re-enforcements - was no one interested?!

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:39 pm

Don’t know the ins and outs, but can’t he have duel registration.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:52 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:39 pm
Don’t know the ins and outs, but can’t he have duel registration.
Believe you can only dual register non-contracted players.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:44 pm

I think duel registration is more for boxers

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:00 pm

Duel registration? Illegal & last English duel 1852