Sean Reid Signs!

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_CR
Team Supported: Darlington

Sean Reid Signs!

Post by Darlo_CR » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:05 am

https://darlingtonfc.co.uk/news/quakers-sign-sean-reid

Can play as a striker, box to box midfielder and centre half if needs be!

Sounds like a great signing!

LoidLucan

Re: Sean Reid Signs!

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:29 am

You couldn't ask for much more in a signing than a player with a proven goalscoring record who can operate effectively in all the roles outlined above. The squad has been strengthened considerably with just one signing.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:52 am

Really like the look of this signing, attacking midfielder who can play as a striker and is a tall lad as well.Looks like another piece of the jigsaw for AA.When we get Trotman, Atkinson and Holmes fit and playing that will be some squad and hopefully we can add Gary Martin to the squad for a couple of months.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:41 am

Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:13 pm

any word on if we've paid anything? Hopefully on a free. Maybe we put in 7 days notice for him if he wasn't on a contract?

bga

Post by bga » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:15 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:52 am
Really like the look of this signing, attacking midfielder who can play as a striker and is a tall lad as well.Looks like another piece of the jigsaw for AA.When we get Trotman, Atkinson and Holmes fit and playing that will be some squad and hopefully we can add Gary Martin to the squad for a couple of months.

Isn't Trotman out of contract at the end of the season? If so, and I think he may finish his Degree next summer, I would be very surprised if we kept him. Presumably he will want to use his Degree so will go where the work is.

bga

Post by bga » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:16 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:29 am
You couldn't ask for much more in a signing than a player with a proven goalscoring record who can operate effectively in all the roles outlined above. The squad has been strengthened considerably with just one signing.
I had a quick look could not see how many goals he has for Morpeth this season, anyone know?

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:17 pm

bga wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:16 pm
LoidLucan wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:29 am
I had a quick look could not see how many goals he has for Morpeth this season, anyone know?
I think its 5.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:23 pm

D_F_C wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:13 pm
any word on if we've paid anything? Hopefully on a free. Maybe we put in 7 days notice for him if he wasn't on a contract?
He was on a contract and the deal has taken a bit of time to get to.

So you would think we paid a fee, Morpeth didn’t need to get rid of him.

bga

Post by bga » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:32 pm

Darlo_CR wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:05 am
https://darlingtonfc.co.uk/news/quakers-sign-sean-reid

Can play as a striker, box to box midfielder and centre half if needs be!

Sounds like a great signing!
AA has always said since O'Neil left we need a Centre Forward. Whilst it is obvious Sean can play in a few positions, I am not sure from AA's comments on the signing whether that is where he intends playing him?

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:54 pm

A quick youtube search suggests he's a fairly big lad. I wonder if the idea is he can play up top. Welcome aboard either way!

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:32 pm

bga wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:15 pm
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:52 am

Isn't Trotman out of contract at the end of the season? If so, and I think he may finish his Degree next summer, I would be very surprised if we kept him. Presumably he will want to use his Degree so will go where the work is.
I would also be surprised if we retained Trotman. He will have graduated and will probably look for a club closer to Luton, and you can’t really blame him.

The only positive is that we will be due compensation should we offer him a new contract on the same terms.

I don’t think we will see him or Jamie Holmes play again this season, the latter didn’t undergo an operation until October.

Atkinson however should hopefully be fit for mid-January. Would give us another timely boost along with Martin signing on 1st January, I hope.

Reid seems a very decent signing, 13 goals in 40 games in 17/18 & 13 goals in 37 games in 18/19, seems a decent strike-rate for a midfielder.