Darlington V Spennymoor

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

QUAKERMAN2
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Spennymoor

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:27 am

No way did they control the game, we played the better football in the first half and they had more of the ball in the second half but it’s what you do with it that counts and other than a missed header in added time, Elliott had very little to do.We have goals in us from 3 or 4 lads whereas keep Taylor quiet and they don’t have the options we have.
On another note, Hatfield and Wheatley against Chandler and Ramshaw....no brainer for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:37 am

Thought for once Chandler was very quiet, :lol: . From my view on the balcony, we were very dominant, more of the same on New Years Day please.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:43 am

I always think what an absolute waste it is for Adam Boyes to be now into his second season of five minute slots at the end of games. They've turned a good goalscoring striker into a permanent bench warmer. Can't think what keeps him there :D

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:22 am

LoidLucan wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:43 am
I always think what an absolute waste it is for Adam Boyes to be now into his second season of five minute slots at the end of games. They've turned a good goalscoring striker into a permanent bench warmer. Can't think what keeps him there :D
He just likes the vibe of the club.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:11 am

LoidLucan wrote:I always think what an absolute waste it is for Adam Boyes to be now into his second season of five minute slots at the end of games. They've turned a good goalscoring striker into a permanent bench warmer. Can't think what keeps him there :D
My thoughts entirely Lucan, surely to god he misses playing regularly, ok he will be on a fair whack with The Pride but surely he cannot be enjoying coming on with 5 minutes to go and missing a sitter as against us.Even Roberts is above him in the pecking order now, does that not tell him something.

Beano

Post by Beano » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:27 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:37 am
Thought for once Chandler was very quiet, :lol: . From my view on the balcony, we were very dominant, more of the same on New Years Day please.
He kept his gob shut for once as he was played off the park by Wheatley and Hatfield.

Hatfield has been a phenomenal signing and will be an integral part of the team for years to come whilst Alun has got the best of Wheatley on a regular basis and is helping him to realise his undoubted potential.

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:26 pm

Beano wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:27 am
Darlo_Pete wrote:
He kept his gob shut for once as he was played off the park by Wheatley and Hatfield.

Hatfield has been a phenomenal signing and will be an integral part of the team for years to come whilst Alun has got the best of Wheatley on a regular basis and is helping him to realise his undoubted potential.

Looked like he had been told to be on best behaviour to me and stayed in his shell.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:46 pm

JasonDeVos wrote:
Beano wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:27 am
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Thought for once Chandler was very quiet, Image . From my view on the balcony, we were very dominant, more of the same on New Years Day please.

Looked like he had been told to be on best behaviour to me and stayed in his shell.
I noticed after they scored and celebrated in the corner near the Darlo fans that as they were walking back to their half he looked over towards Ainsley as if to make sure his boss had seen that he'd done nothing to wind up the home fans.

In all honesty it was a very even match in my eyes. Our keeper probably had to work harder than theirs though, a couple of decent saves in the first half which made a big difference, so I can see why Ainsley might say they edged it.

Other than our goals I don't remember us troubling their keeper too much. Campbell looked lively but would get crowded out on the ball eventually and doesn't have the physical presence to force his way through when that happens.

Defensively we looked solid except for their goal, and Hatfield and Wheatley were superb in the middle. Thought Rivers was pretty anonymous and Thompson improved second half. Donawa looked lively when he came on, an excellent impact sub.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

50 years

Post by 50 years » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:30 pm

Does anyone know what the arrangements are for the Spenny game on New Year day, Normally we have something on the web site, I may have missed it, but have looked on Darlo and Spenny web sites. I am assuming that it will be segregated, but as the ground has been upgraded a touch over the close season I wonder which end we will be directed to, as they may want the standing end to be for there supporters?

Should be a good crowd as there was 1200+ Spennymoor fans at the Gateshead game, and we should take a healthy few.

This will be a hard game to get a result from, as they will be smarting from 2 defeats, but think our players should be up for this game too.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:43 pm

Waiting on Spenny to announce the arrangements.

Yep massive match for Spenny this one now, they have us and then away to Kings Lynn on Saturday so pressure on them to get something out of this one.

50 years

Post by 50 years » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:53 pm

Thanks Super Les, normally agreed well before so was starting to wonder.
Could be a big hit for them if they lose to us again, with Kings Lynn to follow, and us having Gloucester, we could be 5 points ahead of the "Pride of County Durham" by Saturday night. Fair bit of pressure on them.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:15 pm

50 years wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:53 pm
Could be a big hit for them if they lose to us again, with Kings Lynn to follow, and us having Gloucester, we could be 5 points ahead of the "Pride of County Durham" by Saturday night. Fair bit of pressure on them.
They will be well up for it on Wednesday.

I have a feeling they won't sit back and just try and hit Taylor like they did at BM, I think they will go for it against us this time.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:28 pm

Against Gateshead they looked at their most dangerous from set pieces and high balls lumped into the area. Gateshead were a better footballing team on the deck. Ainsley is again raging against officials after Taylor's headed goal was ruled out for an offside. He's not a happy man.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:24 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:28 pm
Against Gateshead they looked at their most dangerous from set pieces and high balls lumped into the area. Gateshead were a better footballing team on the deck. Ainsley is again raging against officials after Taylor's headed goal was ruled out for an offside. He's not a happy man.
The delicious irony that the improved pitch they've been boasting about all year is actually helping other teams who actually try to play a bit rather than them :lol:

I fancy us for at least a point

50 years

Post by 50 years » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:31 pm

I would be more than happy with a point out of this game.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:38 pm

50 years wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:31 pm
I would be more than happy with a point out of this game.
Yep would take a point and be happy with where we currently sit and points total.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:43 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:15 pm
50 years wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:53 pm
They will be well up for it on Wednesday.

I have a feeling they won't sit back and just try and hit Taylor like they did at BM, I think they will go for it against us this time.
I fully expect us to lose this. But then again, after 4 straight league wins, and a very winnable Gloucester at home to follow - if we can beat Gloucester it almost makes the Spenny match a free hit.

A defeat won't hurt our season at all so long as we can get straight back on the horse, and a point would be great. A win I'm not even thinking of but let's just say I'd take it.

And to be fair we do find it easier to play against long ball teams as when we keep possession we run rings around them.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:19 pm

If we come out firing on all cylinders like we did at York we could murder them.Usually like to stand near the home dugout and love watching Ainsley have a meltdown. Hope we cause him to have one on Wednesday!

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:45 pm

Spenny do not defend well,just seen the Gateshead goals and they could easily have had a couple more.Curtis is good in the air but very slow, as is Mason and Buddle.Must admit they are good going forward and McKenna and Taylor are very dangerous so should be a cracking game between 2 sides with contrasting styles.
If we can keep a clean sheet I can see us scoring but will be surprised if Spenny don’t get one at least.
My prediction is 2-2.

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:04 am

Darlopartisan wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:01 pm
Bit naughty Spennymoor ripping our new flag down off the back fence
what has happened to the Darlo flag that some of us contributed too?

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:07 am

It's been washed a number of times but it was too windy on Saturday. There was a tweet about it before the game.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:45 am

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:07 am
It's been washed a number of times but it was too windy on Saturday. There was a tweet about it before the game.
And hopefully it won’t go back up when we have a segregated game.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:05 am

Emdubya wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:45 am
Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:07 am
And hopefully it won’t go back up when we have a segregated game.
Or just put it up on the bit of fence on the side between the Tin Shed and the seated stand

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:42 pm

I see there next 4 home games they are charging £10 each game to get in

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Last edited by HarrytheQuaker on Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:20 pm

£10 for 4 games? No thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk