Spennymoor Away

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

darlo_baron
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spennymoor Away

Post by darlo_baron » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:46 pm

The lad in the white hoodie, contrary to polar bear's comments, was entirely blameless for the collapse of the fence. As per Beatroute's post, he had complained to the stewards about the state of the fencing prior to the collapse. If leaning on a fence makes it sag, it is clear the installation is wholly inadequate. With the overly aggressive stewarding the eventual collapse was inevitable. An elderly gentleman also appeared to sustain minor injuries and had to be seated on a stool after the collapse.
Craig Liddle is God!!

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:47 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:36 pm

Yep agree, smaller allocation of tickets, so those that get one can see and not have themselves put in danger as they were yesterday.

If I don't get one then so be it, for me it's one game I would miss and I wouldn't be bothered to be honest and I go to most home and away. I would rather it was a safe environment for those that go.
Same here. I couldn't care less anymore about seeing us play that lot.
Some of their fans have always been knob heads on social media but thats par for the course. However the club itself always seemed to be decent, they helped us out and we helped them out, and I was more than happy to pop along and watch them when we weren't playing.
However it seems over the last 18 months or so they have developed this "billy big bollocks" attitude, especially towards us. We give them more than enough room for their fans at BM and then we get treat like s*** in return. Brad seems more concerned about getting some more big signings in than making sure his ground is fit for use. One day it will fall flat on its arse, just like it did with the "run sensibly" chimp chokers.

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:48 pm

But the were less than 900 darlo fans there.....

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:49 pm

darlo_baron wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:46 pm
The lad in the white hoodie, contrary to polar bear's comments, was entirely blameless for the collapse of the fence. As per Beatroute's post, he had complained to the stewards about the state of the fencing prior to the collapse. If leaning on a fence makes it sag, it is clear the installation is wholly inadequate. With the overly aggressive stewarding the eventual collapse was inevitable. An elderly gentleman also appeared to sustain minor injuries and had to be seated on a stool after the collapse.
Too be fair Spenny supporters have previous on not knowing who is who, most of them said our Stewards took the flag down until video evidence showed it was them and it was then put in the bin by them, then the stewards recovered it.

So telling porkies and not accepting the truth does seem to be in the nature unfortunately.

polarbear
Team Supported: spennymoor

Post by polarbear » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:55 pm

Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:45 pm
Here is an image from Twitter of the end all those near the Spenny fans should have moved to apparently.

Embarrassing that it was even suggested, imagine another couple of hundred in here.

That photo was taken 2nd half, a lot less 1st half

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:56 pm

polarbear wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:55 pm
Here is an image from Twitter of the end all those near the Spenny fans should have moved to apparently.

Embarrassing that it was even suggested, imagine another couple of hundred in here.

And there was still overcrowding at the top end.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:58 pm

So it was overcrowded then, thanks for confirming :thumbup:

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:58 pm

polarbear wrote:

It was dark in the second half. It’s not dark in the picture. Has Brad paid for extra daylight to be cast over the ground or is it peripheral light from the Spennymoor fan’s halos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:00 pm

Well spotted M62exile, also this photo was taken before the extra seats were arranged by all accounts.
Last edited by super_les_mcjannet on Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

polarbear

Post by polarbear » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:08 pm

m62exile wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:58 pm
polarbear wrote:

It was dark in the second half. It’s not dark in the picture. Has Brad paid for extra daylight to be cast over the ground or is it peripheral light from the Spennymoor fan’s halos?

Sunset was 15-48 no sun, it was twilight when that photo was taken, twilight lasted until 16-33. Don't try pulling one over me and other people, says it all about this forum

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:10 pm

It was taken before the extra seats were opened, which were done around 4:05pm.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:12 pm

Says more about you polarbear, spinning facts just like the club you support.
Credit where its due though, you have come on here to make yourself look a knob, whereas your fellow knob jockey Spen is keeping a low profile.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:13 pm

loan_star wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:12 pm
whereas your fellow knob jockey Spen is keeping a low profile.
Weird for him to be quiet.

If this was the other way around, he'd have been all over this.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:13 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:It was taken before the extra seats were opened, which were done around 4:05pm.
Exactly, during the extended half time break which you can see by comparing to the photos at the other end at the same time. Polarbear knows this, he’s just trolling.

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:14 pm

polarbear wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:55 pm

That makes everything ok- glad it was taken second half...

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:15 pm

loan_star wrote:
Credit where its due though, you have come on here to make yourself look a knob, whereas your fellow knob jockey Spen is keeping a low profile.
Is Spen the one who lied on twitter about the flag?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:15 pm

m62exile wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:13 pm
super_les_mcjannet wrote:It was taken before the extra seats were opened, which were done around 4:05pm.
Exactly, during the extended half time break which you can see by comparing to the photos at the other end at the same time. Polarbear knows this, he’s just trolling.

Don't even think it's trolling, I believe it's a genuine attempt to blur the truth.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:17 pm

Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:15 pm
loan_star wrote:
Is Spen the one who lied on twitter about the flag?
yes London Branch Spen :lol:

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:17 pm

Some serious head in the sand from certain spennymoor supporters.

One thing that isn’t clear to me, and maybe polarbear could enlighten us. If there was as much space at the bottom end of the ground as is being claimed by some spennymoor town fans, why did spennymoor town officials open up an extra bit of terracing at the top of the ground? Why wouldn’t they just send people down to the oceans of space apparently available at the bottom end of the ground?

m62exile

Spennymoor Away

Post by m62exile » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:18 pm

That’s the only other alternative Les.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:23 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I'm a diehard Darlo fan & I think it's daft to suggest we deserved a draw. Apart from the last 15mins of the first half we were second best all game. Yes we created some guilt edged chances, but they were on top all over the park. We did look tired, but that shouldn't be an excuse, as Spendymoor played just as many games as we did.
What is slightly worrying is how many times we have a good opening 45 mins yet fade badly in the 2nd half.AA quite often mentions this in his PMI and it's costing us points.Telford was a car crash and even at Blyth it could have easily ended 2-2.Are the lads putting that much effort in for the first half then running out of steam.Listening to the Spenny game you just knew a late goal was coming so no surprise.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:27 pm

loan_star wrote:Says more about you polarbear, spinning facts just like the club you support.
Apart from on social media. Two faced spen

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:47 pm

https://twitter.com/durhammariners/stat ... 74688?s=21

So the fence was already loose at the Gateshead game

There are serious questions as to whether that fence, which was acting as a crush barrier, meets the Green Guide requirements for horizontal load of a crush barrier. If it did not then how any spennymoor town fan can defend their stewards letting supporters into an unsafe area of the ground I’ve no idea. This is regardless of whether there was space further down (which is debatable any way), which ultimately is irrelevant as to whether the crush barrier is fit for purpose or not.

en passant

Post by en passant » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:55 pm

For what it's worth I was within earshot of the guy organising the stewards at the bottom end of the ground well before kick off and he was telling them that only disabled and those who would not be able to stand were allowed to sit in the limited seating at that end of the ground. Red and white tape was being used to mark out this area as different to the standing area along Darlo side of the ground. So until the stewards at that end were told otherwise, I guess they would have refused to let anyone else move down there. It only seemed to be when Dave Johnston got involved that anything was done to release that area for the more abled bodied fans to go to, and that was well after the stewards at the top end had tied to push the Darlo fans near the bent fence back, resulting in the force of bodies, with nowhere left to go, bringing the fence down. It was noteworthy that despite the freedom thereafter for the Darlo fans to spill out onto the pitch and make a real nuisance of themselves it was only a few who had been hurt or upset that ended up out of the allocated area. If mischief had been their aim and they had broken the barrier to gain access to the pitch to rampage about, why did they stay where they were?

FozzQuaker

Post by FozzQuaker » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:02 pm

polarbear wrote:

Surely whoever took the photo will know what time it was, there is data to show what time a photo was taken.

Then you'll just claim the exif information was doctored

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:08 pm

en passant wrote: It was noteworthy that despite the freedom thereafter for the Darlo fans to spill out onto the pitch and make a real nuisance of themselves it was only a few who had been hurt or upset that ended up out of the allocated area. If mischief had been their aim and they had broken the barrier to gain access to the pitch to rampage about, why did they stay where they were?
Very good point. Hardly the behaviour of a load of troublemakers hell bent on carnage as alleged by certain individuals. The only people I saw on the pitch was the gentleman who was injured when the barrier collapsed, and people tending to him

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:16 pm

al_quaker wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:08 pm
en passant wrote: It was noteworthy that despite the freedom thereafter for the Darlo fans to spill out onto the pitch and make a real nuisance of themselves it was only a few who had been hurt or upset that ended up out of the allocated area. If mischief had been their aim and they had broken the barrier to gain access to the pitch to rampage about, why did they stay where they were?
Very good point. Hardly the behaviour of a load of troublemakers hell bent on carnage as alleged by certain individuals. The only people I saw on the pitch was the gentleman who was injured when the barrier collapsed, and people tending to him
After seeing a post from South Shields fan that the loose fence was reported against Gateshead.

Key question that needs answering now is did they know the fence was loose and that’s why the terrace was closed.

polarbear

Post by polarbear » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:22 pm

FozzQuaker wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:02 pm
polarbear wrote:

Surely whoever took the photo will know what time it was, there is data to show what time a photo was taken.

Then you'll just claim the exif information was doctored

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
The photo was taken after sunset, just take a look at the red sky..DELUDED

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:22 pm

Yep - fence is loose and is also not properly connected to the adjoining fence in the corner.

Well it is, but by a black cable tie!

Shambles.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:23 pm

No concrete apparently and not even secure at the corner as it has a gate on. Real shoddy job and wobbly before the day by all accounts.