Spennymoor Away

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

loan_star
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spennymoor Away

Post by loan_star » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:28 pm

FozzQuaker wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:22 pm
I'm also sure I saw something on social media somewhere, cant exactly remember where, that Spennymoor Official were not exactly keen on getting the game restarted and favoured the game being abandoned...

ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
The rumour is that they have some major signings lined up and since we were on top at the end of the half, it suited them to play us again. Also as it was half time no money would be refunded.

FozzQuaker

Post by FozzQuaker » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:34 pm

loan_star wrote:
FozzQuaker wrote:
I'm also sure I saw something on social media somewhere, cant exactly remember where, that Spennymoor Official were not exactly keen on getting the game restarted and favoured the game being abandoned...

ImageImageImage

The rumour is that have some major signings lined up and since we were on top at the end of the half, it suited them to play us again. Also as it was half time no money would be refunded.
Not that they need the money...

You would think they had a Chairman that has not invested a 7 figure sum into the Club.

Absolutely farcical from top to bottom

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:34 pm

I won't be putting any monies into the spennymoor coffers ever again, i won't ever go again no matter what, it was decision making by someone who hadn't a clue how to organise segregation or safety for all fans no matter where or who they support. Disgrace that it is being foisted onto darlington fans which is totally inappropriate, spennymoor safety manager has to shoulder all the blame for this ineffective decisions. End off.

DARLO333

Post by DARLO333 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:38 pm

All future fixtures at Spennymoor should be boycotted by Darlington supporters in light of yesterday’s events. Greed above safety ... or more importantly OUR safety. Unfortunately I don’t think Darlington fans would do this.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:38 pm

loan_star wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:28 pm
FozzQuaker wrote:

ImageImageImage

The rumour is that they have some major signings lined up and since we were on top at the end of the half, it suited them to play us again. Also as it was half time no money would be refunded.
1-1, with 45 mins still to play, at home where they'd lost only twice all season, and they didn't fancy it? Just goes to show, vibes can't buy heart.

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:10 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/Dazzla84_SSF ... 4746438656

Close up photo shows a suspiciously leaning fence against Gateshead....

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:17 pm

I think some Spennymoor fans on here have long outstayed their welcome.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:30 pm

JasonDeVos wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:10 pm

Obviously wrecked by Darlo fans who didn't go to Blyth :lol:

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:36 pm

I’m not a detective but the evidence is seeming to build.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:52 pm

loan_star wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:30 pm
JasonDeVos wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:10 pm

Obviously wrecked by Darlo fans who didn't go to Blyth :lol:
Or could it be Uri Geller is a Darlo fan using his special metal bending skills on the fence.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:53 pm

loan_star wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:28 pm
FozzQuaker wrote:

ImageImageImage

I wish that the match was abandoned now!

It'll be interesting to see who they bring in, as they've moved 3 or 4 on recently - I bet they cost more than a couple of bags of postcrete.

Personally I think BG is going to try and finance them all the way to the football league, like Salford, Crawley, FGR, Fleetwood before them, although it'll be interesting to see how they get the ground up to 5,000 from 3,000 after all of the recent work?

FozzQuaker

Post by FozzQuaker » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:53 pm

I always had time for Spenny to be honest till this and the fact the relationship between the clubs was quite friendly.

I still remember them letting us use Brewery Field a few years ago when there was a fixture backlog, think it was the year we won the NPL and us letting them use BM for a Trophy a year or two back and thought it was great when they got behind the Fundraiser for Mental Health that Andy Park put together.

Yesterday leaves a bitter taste, they are intent on spinning it that were there to cause trouble, I dont dispute that some may have went to cause bother, but anyone could have got through the segregation with no effort at all. The FA Ground Graders need to have a look at that ASAP, the company who installed the fence has questions to answer and who ever passed it as safe should hang there head in shame

The stitch up started the moment it was announced, the blame game was in effect with that clown Stevie Guy flapping his gums on Facebook long before the match was due to take place.

I would think more of Spennymoor if they come out and say it could have done more, Brad Groves needs to re-evaluate there matchday security and look at Segregation for future matches.

Though I think we all know what the outcome is most likely going to be

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:01 pm

Perimeter fence looks unsafe for use, or to sustain a large crowd with no crush barriers behind, at the Gateshead game a few days earlier. The barrier isn’t secured in place properly and is cable-tied in the corner to the adjoining fencing.

Spennymoor announce ticketing arrangements less than 24 hours before the match, when it really should have been all-ticket. This game has been pencilled in since July, so Spennymoor had plenty of time to plan appropriately.

Only one turnstile given to away supporters who made up almost 40% of the attendance. Second one opened but only for selected individuals.

Estimated 40/50 fans made it through the emergency exit, presumably unaccounted for.

Stewards penning in fans causing the perimeter fence to come down. Stewards penning fans in because the only barrier between them & the Spennymoor fans was a string of red tape.

All this, and the ‘Pride of County Durham’ will not accept a shred of responsibility for what went on.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:07 pm

The whole ground should be shut down and that fence checked all the way round because it its all been fitted as badly as that section then it could quite easily give way again.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:11 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:53 pm

Personally I think BG is going to try and finance them all the way to the football league, like Salford, Crawley, FGR, Fleetwood before them, although it'll be interesting to see how they get the ground up to 5,000 from 3,000 after all of the recent work?
Thats the plan apparently, however they have no chance in that ground for various reasons. A few reasons that are beyond the control of the football club.

FozzQuaker

Post by FozzQuaker » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:13 pm

Imagine a bigger game like, say, a play off final and similar arrangements are in place, I hope it is sorted soon because ignorance and hiding from the problems will always end in tears

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:48 pm

Many of us traveled to Brewery Field this New Years Day
To see our beloved Darlo playing away.
But we were allotted an area that was far too small
But sadly for us Spenny just didn’t care at all.

The match was arranged without common sense
They couldn’t even put up a half decent fence.
To make matters worse it was Darlo they blamed
When the reality is they should be ashamed.

50 years

Post by 50 years » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:54 pm

Starting to wonder if the "let's blame Darlo fans" is due to them worried that they might have got sued if some one got hurt, like the old gentleman the had to get a seat for, (I saw him not long before the Stewart's starting to push the fans, having words with them, I think pointing out the dangers the way he was gesturing).

Sad really as I had a sneaking admiration for Spenny before this.

tezza

Post by tezza » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:05 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:23 pm
No concrete apparently and not even secure at the corner as it has a gate on. Real shoddy job and wobbly before the day by all accounts.

The fencing that collapsed is perimeter fencing , not crush barrier restraints. Think BM design, the walkway is separated by the load tested crush barriers. As such it is mathematically possible to asses the exact safe capacity.

The so called Green Guide explains how. Will return to that shortly.

From what i saw Brewery field has no crush barriers either behind the goal terracing or along the terraced side. Which makes a nonsense of their 900 safe crowd assessment. Seems finger in the wind calculation, perhaps based on..... how many do you think they will bring , right that is the capacity

Returning to the Green guide: Which is largely an extension of H&S Legislation: The common theme is the ground owners/ tenants/operators have the sole duty of care to attending members of the public, AND the responsibility for discharging that duty to ensure the general safety and comfort to attending parties.. NO IFS NO BUTS.

Like most events that go wrong or have the potential to go wrong there is a chain of events

This chain probably started some time ago, will there be a written crowd assessment report at some meeting or other when the 900 was decided...there should be.... Were the third party stewards assessed as competent and issued instruction and a record made...there should be.
Was the Safety Officer given the level of authority to act without approach to those more senior if he made an assessment that safety was compromised. ..He should have had that authority..will be interesting that as he was clearly under stress seemingly more intent on security matters and reducing potential conflict than general safety. He clearly lost it and deferred to Others including DJ.

A couple of events on the day contributed
1 Turnstiles had no clear signage leading to delays of entry contrary to green guide entrance rates
2 Unmanned exit routes allowing illegal entry to stadium of circa 50 additional non counted members of public
3 In sufficient segregation of entire ground, red/white tape not robust enough, Moved several times rendering it less than useless.

There are possibly many other breaches, however to my mind this was preventable in the boardroom, there were historical records that should have facilitated sensible decisions and adequate controls to be effected,..... is it possible ego,s clouded judgement ??

tezza

Post by tezza » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:10 pm

Final point: Why if there was a potential crowd disturbance problem did the safety officer or police not call a halt to alcohol sales ....Odd that, given the amount of public disorder events are linked to alcohol

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:15 pm

Tezza you're quite right about the crush barriers. I read that too in the guide. If there is no crush barrier, just perimeter fencing, then the safe capacity should be significantly reduced. And also, if the perimeter fencing fails a load bearing test, which it surely will, then the capacity should be reduced even more, or even have no-one there at all. You seem to know more about it than me, but potentially they have made some very serious breaches here.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:44 pm

Tezza and Vodka Vic I hope you send this kind of information up to the club please, I’m sure they will appreciate any help in providing information where things started to go wrong 👍

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:57 pm

That perimeter fence might be a bit more secure if there was one single advertising board to bolster it. I've never seen a ground with so little advertising in it as I did looking at the highlights. Is their fantastic business model based on gaining no revenue whatsoever?

polarbear
Team Supported: spennymoor

Post by polarbear » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:34 pm

tdk1 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:57 pm
That perimeter fence might be a bit more secure if there was one single advertising board to bolster it. I've never seen a ground with so little advertising in it as I did looking at the highlights. Is their fantastic business model based on gaining no revenue whatsoever?
Perimeter fence advertising sold out, going up in the next few weeks

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:51 am

I wasn’t at the game so can’t really comment but the DFC board apparently get on very well with Spenny and with Dave Mills previously working there I’d imagine they were fully briefed on how may Darlo fans could potential travel.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:51 am

Just seen the highlights. Man, did we miss some chances! Spenny scored with their 1 on 1s, we didn't. That was a bad miss by Adam Campbell. He scores some good goals, but misses some easy ones too. And what was Elliott doing for their first goal! If he'd stayed back, there were covering defenders.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:06 am

tdk1 wrote:
It wouldn’t make any difference. If anything it could cause problems, depending on the board size, as the board would stop any wind blowing through the fence and act as a sail pulling the fence in the direction of any strong wind.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:07 am

Darlopartisan wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:44 pm
Tezza and Vodka Vic I hope you send this kind of information up to the club please, I’m sure they will appreciate any help in providing information where things started to go wrong 👍
Our safety officer was at the game and is already working on gathering all information.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:17 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:Just seen the highlights. Man, did we miss some chances! Spenny scored with their 1 on 1s, we didn't. That was a bad miss by Adam Campbell. He scores some good goals, but misses some easy ones too. And what was Elliott doing for their first goal! If he'd stayed back, there were covering defenders.
Yes just seen the highlights Adam, got to agree with you, no real need for Elliott to make it easy for Roberts and the 3 one on ones should have put us 4-1 up before McKenna scored.Needed more composure and thought Campbell's was the worst of the 3.Seemed to be completely overrun in the 2nd half and thought McKenna was given far too much room by Hedley.A game of 2 halves and we don't seem to maintain our first half performances over the 90 minutes which has been mentioned by AA numerous times this season.
Still in a good league position so on to Saturday, let's get the 3 points and get closer to that 7th spot.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:32 am

loan_star wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:06 am
tdk1 wrote:
It wouldn’t make any difference. If anything it could cause problems, depending on the board size, as the board would stop any wind blowing through the fence and act as a sail pulling the fence in the direction of any strong wind.
I was being facetious to make a snarky point to be honest, I didn't really think it would make a difference.

But since polarbear tells me this is all part of the plan to make spenny sustainable, using the tried and tested sell all your advertising space in January rather than at the start of the season technique, then I do look foolish.