Storey interview

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

super_les_mcjannet
Team Supported: Darlington

Storey interview

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:04 am

Reasonable interview from Storey on the official site and he picked up on that the team possibly should have settled for a point.

I did wonder afterwards if we should have put Watson on and went five at the back with 10 to go and took the point, we would have done it if 2-1 up. I guess though that Armstrong said he goes to win and that's what he does, which I don't think we can knock.

Also if we had gone 5 at the back and then lost 2-1, we would all moan about being negative, basically damned if you do and damned if you don't. However on this one after the second half where Spenny were the better team, I would have probably tried to settle for the point more.

Started a new thread to avoid this getting lost in the poor match organisation thread.
Last edited by super_les_mcjannet on Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

theoriginalfatcat

Re: Storey interview

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:23 am

Halfway through the second half we appeared to lose our spark whilst some of the opposition players seemed unusually fresh, and that was going up the hill too. At this point we should have made changes and run the game down for a draw. We know from recent wins at home that the players can now play this way, under T.W they didn’t seem to know anything at all.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

D_F_C

Re: Storey interview

Post by D_F_C » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:27 pm

It's all good in hindsight now, but bringing on Holness for Reid around the hour mark might have helped. Reid looks a bit leggy after 3 full 90s in quick succession. Can understand if he wanted to keep things the same as at that point we weren't in massive danger