Craig Morley

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Ghost_Of_1883
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Craig Morley

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:23 pm

H1987 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:31 pm
Agree with the above, I don't think we should speculate on such things. He may have chosen to leave, he may have been let go. Whatever, it's his job and we should respect his privacy I think.

Regarding sponsors, I still find it odd we haven't tried to sell naming rights to the seating stand.
You can bet your bottom dollar that Craig will have tried to sell naming rights for the piss poor lego looking main stand.

A commercial manager would certainly have thought of doing that.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:44 pm

I think the "Lego" stand or the "Duplo" stand has a certain ring about it.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:59 pm

Where is the statement that was promised this evening? I've only been in hospitality once & I wasn't expecting to enjoy it, but the meal exceeded my expectations & I'd do it again.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:42 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:59 pm
Where is the statement that was promised this evening? I've only been in hospitality once & I wasn't expecting to enjoy it, but the meal exceeded my expectations & I'd do it again.
The club haven’t promised anything about any statement.It was someone on here that said there would be one.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:13 am

To be honest, I am a little surprised at the quietness from the club, both over this and the Spennymoor debacle. I guess maybe the silence is out of the club's hands on either or both of these matters for now

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:24 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:59 pm
dont forget the club/board are mainly volunteers, most of which will have full time jobs as well so will probably have more important things to worry about than a statement which may not even be required.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:03 pm

Some people on the Tin Shed really don't get social media and are posting some 'I heard this and I heard that' rumours, with some potentially very defamatory stuff being posted. I honestly don't think some of them can differentiate between gossiping in the pub and putting it out there for people to read. Unbelievable.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:23 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:03 pm
Some people on the Tin Shed really don't get social media and are posting some 'I heard this and I heard that' rumours, with some potentially very defamatory stuff being posted. I honestly don't think some of them can differentiate between gossiping in the pub and putting it out there for people to read. Unbelievable.
That in a nutshell is the major problem with social media! It’s happening all over the shop, politics and sport suffer the most.
I suppose we’ve got to sift the wheat from the chaff (not easy sometimes).

feethams

Post by feethams » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:30 am

Lots of suggestions that the club may have got rid of CM but what if he was the one that walked ?

He may have told the club he's gone as far as he can with the limitations BM holds regarding corporate sponsorship and is unable to take things to the next level.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:54 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:
No idea where you can find the tinshed, but don't make me laugh. Some of what is posted on here goes way beyond what is acceptable. Just reading down this thread proves that beyond any doubt.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:49 am

EDJOHNS wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:54 am
Vodka_Vic wrote:
No idea where you can find the tinshed, but don't make me laugh. Some of what is posted on here goes way beyond what is acceptable. Just reading down this thread proves that beyond any doubt.
Please feel free to report anything in this thread that is potentially libellous and / or defamatory and it'll be dealt with at the earliest opportunity. Scott's already had to do that once. I saw the post / comment on the The Tin Shed that's referenced above, and it looks like it's been removed there too.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:55 am

I understand the libalellous part but what IF what's been rumoured is actually true do us fans not deserve to know ? It's a fan owned club after all and it's our money we put into the club. Even it's just a statement just to say hes left his role at the club,

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:20 pm

Craig09 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:55 am
I understand the libalellous part but what IF what's been rumoured is actually true do us fans not deserve to know ? It's a fan owned club after all and it's our money we put into the club. Even it's just a statement just to say hes left his role at the club,
Only if it's true and it is reported to the Police and charged etc. other than that then it's just a rumour that shouldn't be discussed on a public forum.

In regards to the redundancy rumour, I am sure we will be updated via a statement as soon as possible but we have to remember this is someone's job and very personal to them. Therefore time has to be allowed for any discussions, whilst we are important as owners, I am sure we can all wait.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:27 pm

The point is that if this ends up in court the club will have to be very careful. Being fan owned makes no difference and doesn’t mean fans are entitled to know about such matters.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:24 pm

English courts starting to televise the judges' summing up, so perhaps we will get to know something.
It will be some competition for Grounds Under the Hammer😅

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:42 pm

Craig09 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:55 am
If it was true, then it would not be the club's place to say so, and we would find out once the proper legal process had taken place.

Until then, any accusation anyone wishes to make publicly is potentially damaging to Craig's reputation and he has the right to seek legal recourse from anyone who says it or allows it to stay published - including us.

This board, for all the good it has done at times, has seen it's fair share of problems down the years from posters who are ready to chuck accusations / damaging statements around for fun - we have to be careful.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:59 pm

What a load of bolocks, the guy deserves respect for what he's done not to be castigated by the rumour mongering that has reared it ugly head here on this forum.
Let it be for gods sake until the club /individual involved make a statement of fact.
I dispare at the crap written on here by some who cosied up to Mr Morley whilst he was in his position. Now spouting absolute sh_t.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:04 pm

mikkyx wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:49 am
EDJOHNS wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:54 am
Vodka_Vic wrote:
Please feel free to report anything in this thread that is potentially libellous and / or defamatory and it'll be dealt with at the earliest opportunity. Scott's already had to do that once. I saw the post / comment on the The Tin Shed that's referenced above, and it looks like it's been removed there too.
Come on, it does not have to be legally libelous to go beyond what is acceptable. You have said yourself that people are far too quick to throw dirt, and we all know, once thrown, some sticks, and there is always the question mark.
The main reason I stay away from social media.
I have actually reported a few posts/comments,(mainly spam), and they have always been dealt with promptly.

50 years

Post by 50 years » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:48 pm

I find it strange that this is such a major topic, personally i am not interested, as far as I am concerned this is up to the individual and the board. It is like these reality tv shows where people are so interested in other people's lives, me I am just happy to enjoy my life.

I have trust in the current board and if we "need", ( not want), to hear something I am sure they will tell us when appropriate / practical. To be honest if we knew would it really make a difference to any of our personal lives?

Please note yes I am a share holder, and DFCSG member, season ticket holder and invest in the club, but too lazy to do the fantastic volunteer work others do, so happy to leave it to them, and for me just to enjoy what is going on, on the pitch only.

Realise this may be my view only, and others have their own view of life but thought I would just put my point forward.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:22 pm

50 years wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:48 pm
I find it strange that this is such a major topic, personally i am not interested, as far as I am concerned this is up to the individual and the board. It is like these reality tv shows where people are so interested in other people's lives, me I am just happy to enjoy my life.

I have trust in the current board and if we "need", ( not want), to hear something I am sure they will tell us when appropriate / practical. To be honest if we knew would it really make a difference to any of our personal lives?

Please note yes I am a share holder, and DFCSG member, season ticket holder and invest in the club, but too lazy to do the fantastic volunteer work others do, so happy to leave it to them, and for me just to enjoy what is going on, on the pitch only.

Realise this may be my view only, and others have their own view of life but though I would just put my point forward.
I would think that most people hold the same view as you.
Unfortunately there are some people who need to know the far end of a fart about everything
Leave it to the club and Morley.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:50 pm

50 years wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:48 pm

Realise this may be my view only, and others have their own view of life but thought I would just put my point forward.
This is for 50years, some proper entertainment.

https://youtu.be/yEmGQYCuc6M
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:10 am

Those shoes! I had a pair too.

50 years

Post by 50 years » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:13 am

:thumbup:

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:40 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:10 am
Those shoes! I had a pair too.
I invested in a pair thinking that they would help me see over heads in the crowd. It did not work out as everyone else had a pair too :(

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:09 am

Lucky for me I can still see over everyone in my gazelles.

FozzQuaker

Post by FozzQuaker » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:53 pm

al_quaker wrote:To be honest, I am a little surprised at the quietness from the club, both over this and the Spennymoor debacle. I guess maybe the silence is out of the club's hands on either or both of these matters for now
Are the Clubs and Police still looking into the Spennymoor, I'm guessing the club will be until all investigations have been carried out
comeondarlo wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:
That in a nutshell is the major problem with social media! It’s happening all over the shop, politics and sport suffer the most.
That b******, Zuckerberg or whatever his name is has a lot to answer for giving us Social Media, causes more problems than just about anything else these days.

The amount of shite that gets posted is unbelievable and it is easy for people to be vilified because of Social Media.

I came close to a full nervous breakdown last year because of something I did accidently on Facebook

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:55 am

FozzQuaker wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:53 pm
al_quaker wrote:To be honest, I am a little surprised at the quietness from the club, both over this and the Spennymoor debacle. I guess maybe the silence is out of the club's hands on either or both of these matters for now
Are the Clubs and Police still looking into the Spennymoor, I'm guessing the club will be until all investigations have been carried out
comeondarlo wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:
The amount of shite that gets posted is unbelievable and it is easy for people to be vilified because of Social Media.
Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I couldn’t agree more Fozz, some people on this thread talking about libellous statements and damaging reputations.

All I see is hypocrisy from parts of this message-board.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:15 pm

Perhaps wiser not to go there Andy?

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:33 am

Have I missed an update on this by the club?

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:54 am

No. Worst case scenario is that there's an appeal/arbitration following a redundancy meaning that no announcement can be made and no successor can be appointed. Hopefully it isn't this as these things can drag on indefinitely. From the outside it looks as if we need a commercial director and I wonder who is driving the sales in the interim.