Greetings

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

ShakerFan
Team Supported: Bury

Re: Greetings

Post by ShakerFan » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:44 pm

Thanks so much, we are definitely on board now so more than anything hope to get to your supporters bar. Hugely looking forward to it.

ShakerFan
Team Supported: Bury

Post by ShakerFan » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:46 pm

Ps, I write a bit in my spare time. I started a blog ages ago which has just two entries. Sadly, having a ten month old baby stops me from getting much writing done. 😠

Still if any of you can follow me on twitter, share and have a look and read the actual blog it'd be hugely appreciated.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bterraces/with_replies

Any feedback appreciated.

FozzQuaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by FozzQuaker » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:58 pm

ShakerFan wrote:Ps, I write a bit in my spare time. I started a blog ages ago which has just two entries. Sadly, having a ten month old baby stops me from getting much writing done. Image

Still if any of you can follow me on twitter, share and have a look and read the actual blog it'd be hugely appreciated.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bterraces/with_replies

Any feedback appreciated.
Got a new follower on Twitter...Me, lol

Will keep an eye out for your blog as and when you start posting new entries mate...

Take Care and enjoy the game if you come along

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

QUAKERMAN2
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:54 pm

ShakerFan wrote:Bury fan in peace, not that my username is a giveaway. :D
Anyway, you have probably been unable to escape from Bury in the news in the last few months. Yesterday's news however seems to have finally given me at least some closure on the matter as we will definitely not be allowed back into the EFL. I can now look forward to a fan owned Bury FC, either under the current name or a new name.
Anyway, like with yourselves, I can tell a long sorry tale of the corruption, lies and criminals and not to mention the incompetence and lies of the EFL that has led to our demise. It certainly has similarities with Darlington.
Anyway, that is not why I am here.

I am finally thinking positively about us starting again, and thought I'd pop on here to get some good stories of your time since you had to restart.

I have no doubt it will be tough, but since when has being a proper football fan been easy?

I have always had alot of time for Darlington as a club.
I remember a hot May in 1995 as we beat you 2-1 as we prepared for the playoffs.
I remember the Titanic battle for 3rd spot in 96.
Robbie Painter
Feethams, a proper old fashioned ground.
And how can I forget, the fact you always seemed like a proper set of fans. A set of fans, like Bury, fighting a losing battle with much bigger and stuck up neighbours. There was also the fact that you always brought good numbers to Gigg Lane.

Anyway, it will be good to hear some stories of your time in none league and if you want to include any 90s nostalgia as well, even better.

Up the Shakers and Up the Quakers
You will love the journey back through the league's, 3 great promotions for us and plenty of tough games along the way.You will be surprised at the standard of non league football and can honestly say you will get behind Bury like never before .
All the very best.....enjoy.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk