Barnet fc

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Mister e
Team Supported: Darlington

Barnet fc

Post by Mister e » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:33 pm

Their must be something seriously wrong with the pitch at Barnet. Match abandoned at half-time Vs Harrogate town. Just a couple of weeks after farsley Celtic had a wasted journey down there. It reminds me of the good old days at feethams. I wonder if they've tried any irrigation worms yet.

biccynana

Re: Barnet fc

Post by biccynana » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:46 pm

Mister e wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:33 pm
Their must be something seriously wrong with the pitch at Barnet. Match abandoned at half-time Vs Harrogate town. Just a couple of weeks after farsley Celtic had a wasted journey down there. It reminds me of the good old days at feethams. I wonder if they've tried any irrigation worms yet.
One for The Terraces forum, perhaps?

eek

Post by eek » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:11 am

Mister e wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:33 pm
Nope it's probably no different to everywhere else at the moment. The ground is sodden so any additional water can't be absorbed and just sits on top of the grass..

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:37 pm

Quite a new ground as well isn't it?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

JE93

Post by JE93 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:58 pm

Spyman wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:37 pm
Quite a new ground as well isn't it?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
The Hive is a decent ground (though without some of the charm of Underhill) and usually has a decent pitch. As eek says most of the country has seen huge volumes of rainfall over a short space of time, they kicked off v Harrogate fine but a large amount of rain in the first half made the pitch unplayable, so it had to be called off. If it's playable at kick-off you have to play there's no knowing how much rain will fall over the course of the game or in what time frame it will fall, had the same amount of rain fallen over 3 hours the drainage may have been able to shift it who knows.

The Farsley game was called off because parts of the pitch had started to freeze before kick off which meant it couldn't be played on. Not something you can particularly solve unless you've got a large wad of cash to install under pitch heating.