Darlington V Farsley

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

Darlington V Farsley

Post by poppyfield » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:12 pm

Thought I would get a thread on the go , if the game goes ahead, no idea what the turn out will be like, I intend to go if its on.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

HarrytheQuaker

Re: Darlington V Farsley

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:55 pm

I'm going..Don't think Stoddard is he thinks it shouldn't be going ahead

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:10 am

Maybe now BBC Look North sports report will finally acknowledge that there is a football team in Darlington.

50 years

Post by 50 years » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:57 am

I am certainly going, looking forward to it, as is my son (he only goes to odd game, I am trying to get him back to full time supporter again). Meeting up with a couple mates who are going to.

My understanding is that there are no cases of the virus in Darlo and 7 in the Leeds area so assume relatively safe, in fact I was in the club watching cheltenham with mates, (and losing on the horses as usual), and I guess those type of small gatherings are more likely as a potential than the football club for close contact with people.

Just hope the players turn on the style and have their scoring boots on after the poor showing at there ground.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:15 am

I'm definitely going if the game is on, however after all the hysteria since the National League said to go ahead I fear they will ultimately call it off.

This will probably be the last game for a while as they will probably shut the country down in the next week or two. Can't see it recommencing on April 4th either as the numbers will continue to rise, so it will be interesting to see what the leagues do.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:05 am

quakerste wrote:I'm definitely going if the game is on, however after all the hysteria since the National League said to go ahead I fear they will ultimately call it off.

This will probably be the last game for a while as they will probably shut the country down in the next week or two. Can't see it recommencing on April 4th either as the numbers will continue to rise, so it will be interesting to see what the leagues do.
This game will be ON without a doubt, if they were going to cancel they would have called it yesterday.
This is a big game for us and could define our season, a win and other results going our way will put us right back in the playoff pack, lose and other results going against us will be a major blow.Personally I am confident we will win today, we have a strong squad now with a good bench and enough quality and character in the side.Hopefully Omar will start as our midfield 3 have clicked and we look a more balanced side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:09 am

Interestingly the whole of the National League South seems to be on. I've just been crammed into a plane with about 250 others, feels more risky than standing in the open air.

50 years

Post by 50 years » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:22 pm

York have called there game off apparently. Wonder if they were worried about altringham, or want to see how kings lynn get on before playing or actually the virus?

divas

Post by divas » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:00 pm

50 years wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:22 pm
York have called there game off apparently. Wonder if they were worried about altringham, or want to see how kings lynn get on before playing or actually the virus?
Or maybe they just thought what’s the point exposing players, staff and fans if we don’t have to

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:17 pm

divas wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:00 pm
50 years wrote:
Or maybe they just thought what’s the point exposing players, staff and fans if we don’t have to
In that case we better close the leagues whenever the flu spreads.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:53 pm

MB86DFC wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:17 pm
divas wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:00 pm
50 years wrote:
In that case we better close the leagues whenever the flu spreads.

:roll:

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:34 pm

For god's sake get rid of this keeper as quickly as possible.Utter rubbish Elliott.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:00 pm

We lose 2-4 with some shocking goalkeeping from Elliott. They thought our season was over, it is now. Pleased I didn't have to witness that debacle as working down sarf. Thanks for the commentary on the Darlo Fans Radio.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:21 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:We lose 2-4 with some shocking goalkeeping from Elliott. They thought our season was over, it is now. Pleased I didn't have to witness that debacle as working down sarf. Thanks for the commentary on the Darlo Fans Radio.
Listened to DFR from Tenerife thank god and the commentary lads were excellent in there appraisal of the game, very good between both 18 yard lines but shocking in both boxes.Surely that’s it for Elliott now and question marks over central defence having conceded over 50 odd goals.
3 points just thrown away and not for the first time this season.Season over now and time for AA to start planning for next season.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:28 pm

Ron, feel sorry for Pat. She won't be getting a sweet tonight for dinner.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:29 pm

That's that then.

To be honest, i'm not going to feel less disappointed when the season gets canned, which I suspect it might be. Or at least played behind closed doors at a later date.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:31 pm

That’s where we are as a side at the moment. Very good in midfield, but miss too many chances and we concede too many soft goals. It’s a shame as it’ll cost us a playoff spot in the end I think. Armstrong will know that, and I’m sure he’ll already be thinking of how to fix it for next season.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:31 pm

That's what you get when you miss loads of chances and hand goals on a plate with terrible goalkeeping errors. Horrible, niggly Farsley couldn't believe their luck after being completely outplayed for so much of the game.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:36 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:For god's sake get rid of this keeper as quickly as possible.Utter rubbish Elliott.

He’s better than Connell you know Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:07 pm

Darlington totally capitulated in the second half
To many balls passed back darlingtons downfall.
Farsley intercept and Elliott goes missing and hey ho 4 goals down .where do darlington go from here ,certainly not a playoff place. Angry and dismayed by that performance.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:19 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Ron, feel sorry for Pat. She won't be getting a sweet tonight for dinner.
All inclusive Adam thank god so cannot really stop her feeding her face.Still in shock with that result, pretty much season over but am sure AA knows where our problems lie and that result would have made it abundantly clear we are poor in both boxes.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:33 pm

What was the crowd today?

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:40 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:What was the crowd today?
Just over 1300 Pete, pretty good crowd.

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:28 pm

Hadn't Elliot been playing well lately? Also Syers was also going to make his point. Given the circumstances we shouldn't get too blue about this result because I suspect all bets are going to be off for most football folk for a while. Our club has a big heart and we'll need it again. Peace and love to us all.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:06 pm

We gift wrapped that for Farsley no doubt about it.. If we don't stop giving soft goals away we ain't winning matches SIMPLES

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:13 pm

Wiseacre wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:28 pm
Hadn't Elliot been playing well lately? Also Syers was also going to make his point. Given the circumstances we shouldn't get too blue about this result because I suspect all bets are going to be off for most football folk for a while. Our club has a big heart and we'll need it again. Peace and love to us all.
Believe me if you weren’t there you will be shocked watching the highlights.
Syers two goals must be the easiest he has ever scored in his career. The first was basically a tackle on Elliott which went straight in and the second was a free hit after the keeper patted the ball to him. At the other end we must have squandered at least a dozen decent chances
You are right our supporters are the best and will not let our great club die.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:44 pm

Played really well for 1st quarter, knocking ball about but lacked penetration until Omar scored. Never pushed to get 2nd when Celtic looked out of sorts & outclassed. There was a warning when Farsley countered & Elliott saved a shot. Farsley were encouraged and pressed resulting in defending & Elliott firing against Syers legs & following it into the net. After HT, started well & Campbell converted penalty cooly which should have been game over. Not with Darlo - 15mns later a howler by Elliott & Farsley level 2-2. Hardly had we restarted when all switched off & gave away a free header. Despite rallying with Thommo on for Rivers & spurning several good chances, got caught again & chucked away 3 pts. Not even Reid & Martin on for Hedley & Wheatley made any difference. Ref could have booked a few Farsley players much earlier, but really we only have ourselves to blame by not taking chances.

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:09 pm

What a surreal afternoon.

The final whistle blew and I was struggling to get my head around how we didn't win that game, let alone somehow managed to concede four and lose.

Let's be honest though, it probably wouldn't have mattered much either way, and I think the fact that our keeper happened to let in a couple of howlers in what could well turn out to have effectively been a dead rubber will be put into stark perspective by what's to come in the weeks and months ahead.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:56 pm

Farsley have scored 7 goals against us this season and I make it that we handed them 6 of them.

Darlogramps

Darlington V Farsley

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:16 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:For god's sake get rid of this keeper as quickly as possible.Utter rubbish Elliott.

Stop kneejerking and place things in perspective.

One bad performance changes very little. Elliott has stepped up in recent weeks so hopefully this is just a blip. Not excusing his mistakes today, but let’s not go overboard.

And overreactions like yours aren’t likely to improve his confidence now, are they?
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY