Mr Q

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

murtonquakerfan
Team Supported: Darlington

Mr Q

Post by murtonquakerfan » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:29 pm

I dont want to be too soppy or sentimental here...

But, most of you will know, I have played the role of Mr Q for the last 2 years and it has come to a point where I have had to step aside, for personal reasons mainly.

I recently started an Open University Course and I am getting together with my best mate to work on some community projects.

Stepping aside was not an decision, but it was the right decision to make, not living in the area did not help, as I rely on Public Transport from Murton and cant rely on my Dad as his health is not the best.

I want to take this opportunity to thank the greatest fans in the World, I met so many different people over the last 2 years.

It's no secret that I have complex mental health problems, and had some serious personal problems in the last 2 years, and playing Mr Q helped me no end.

I want to thank the fans, who supported me, who welcomed me and had a laugh with me, most of all I would like to thank the Club for supporting my recent Charity Work, a big thanks to Ray Simpson especially for helping me put together my Brave the Shave Fundraiser in December 2018, thanks to Dave Mills for getting me a Signed Football for a Raffle at my latest Charity Event a few weeks ago and a big thanks to Chris Stockdale and Andrew Alton for believing in me and giving me the chance to go out there and rebuild my confidence.

Most of all, I want to thank you guys, the Fans, I had nothing but fun interacting with you guys and you welcomed me as one of your own.

I have not been a lifetime supporter of the Club, 1 night in Stoke changed my life in terms of Football, and the last 2 years has especially strengthened my love for the club.

Anyway, thay being said, it is time for a change in my life, I hope whoever follows me as Mr Q has as much of a laugh as I did.

Once Football resumes, I will get to games as often as possible and continue to be a part of the best family in football, The Darlo Family

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

theoriginalfatcat

Re: Mr Q

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:31 pm

Good luck Mr Q. :clap:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:41 pm

In these awful times what lovely comments by the outgoing Mr Q. I doubt many of us would have done that volunteer role so all the best for the future in whatever you do.

murtonquakerfan

Post by murtonquakerfan » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:21 pm

quakersfan wrote:In these awful times what lovely comments by the outgoing Mr Q. I doubt many of us would have done that volunteer role so all the best for the future in whatever you do.
Thank you quakersfan, every word I said comes straight from the heart.

People tend to laugh when I say I support Darlington, stating it is miles away and telling me Darlo are shite and stuff to which I reply 'Shite they may but there my shite'

Take Care guys, thanks once again and see you all soon

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:42 pm

murtonquakerfan wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:29 pm
1 night in Stoke changed my life in terms of Football
That's not a sentence you see very often :D

All the best, Mr Q :clap:

murtonquakerfan

Post by murtonquakerfan » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:59 pm

biccynana wrote:
murtonquakerfan wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:29 pm
1 night in Stoke changed my life in terms of Football
That's not a sentence you see very often :D

All the best, Mr Q :clap:
Yeah lol...Isn't there that saying 'They wont fancy having to go to Stoke on a miserable night in the Winter'.

I had not been a supporter of anyone team at the time, I called myself a freelance football fan, in my teens, my group of friends all supported Newcastle or Sunderland, so I would watch them both and over the following years would watch anyone I felt like.

But that Summer night in the Potteries changed everything, seeing those hardcore fans and how much it meant to them was the moment Darlington meant something for me despite being nearly put off a few weeks earlier at Accrington when it absolutely pissed down.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:52 am

Sorry to hear your news Fozz, I know you loved being Mr Q & meeting our young fans. Hope your studies will lead to a bright future for you. It was a pleasure to make your acquaintance on that never to be forgotten day at Walsall. Hopefully I'll see you again at a game sometime in the future & if you need any help, you have my number or you can send me a PM on here like you did before. Take care my friend.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:16 am

Well done for your stint in that outfit! Good luck and thanks for all your efforts. My visit to a damp Victoria Ground didn't put me off either unlike our auto windscreens trip to Burslem where we nearly froze to death.

murtonquakerfan

Post by murtonquakerfan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:40 pm

Thanks guys