season tickets on sale

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

H1987
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: season tickets on sale

Post by H1987 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:35 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:24 pm
It's not in DJ's character to be underhand like this though, and he wouldn't put the idea out there if there wasn't an idea of how to fund it. You're usually a bit more positive than this H. I think the coronavirus is getting to you.
Bloody hope not :lol: , and I hope you're right... but I also don't see how we get out of a contract. As the poster above points out, the rugby club almost certainly hold us to the terms of the contract, as they've also invested in the infrastructure and will have costs associated with that they will want to recoup. I can't really envisage a scenario where they'd just let it go.

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:46 pm

quakerste wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:32 pm
Not sure if I am correct here but did the rugby not take out a mortgage to pay for the changing rooms and building improvements which will be paid back through our rent.

No doubt if we pulled out they would be in deep s*** as I don't think they would have the income to maintain the payments.
wouldnt put us in a good position or give the club a good name either

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:10 am

Wasn't there some grants for improvements to the ground from FA which have conditions that we have to stay for so many years, else have to repay the amount? Thought this was around 5 years, so we would be liable for this if we moved before that conditional period expired.

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:58 am

Once Darlington council decide on Sporting village going ahead (or not) all your questions will be answered and we can vote, relax lets concentrate on the playoff push

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:10 am

eddie-rowles wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:58 am
Once Darlington council decide on Sporting village going ahead (or not) all your questions will be answered and we can vote, relax lets concentrate on the playoff push
There is a huge amount of cash coming to revamp Darlington station. With the Cattle Market being relocated, why not include the Sporting Village as part of the redevelopment?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:46 pm

The Coronavirus has come at a terrible time for ST sales. Sadly fans will have to think of their families if they have lost or think they could lose there jobs. I know the club has asked fans to renew there season ticket sales asap, but I can't see us having as many ST sold next season as we sold last season.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:45 pm

Hopefully they will extend the early bird to allow more time to purchase due to the uncertainty with jobs and money in the current climate.

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:49 am

quakerste wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:45 pm
Hopefully they will extend the early bird to allow more time to purchase due to the uncertainty with jobs and money in the current climate.
not to mention how many are now wondering if and when there will be a next season (depending when this season is finished)

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:38 pm

I wonder if it would be possible to finish this season at the start of next season and then temporarily split the division into two halves with a one off league cup to subsidize missing league fixtures. Just a thought seeing as this virus could be around for a while yet.

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:43 pm

only 250 season tickets sold which is surprising and disappointing.

https://darlingtonfc.co.uk/news/2021-se ... ket-update

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:46 pm

Given the state of people's finances at the moment, I'm not at all surprised.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:00 pm

bigdavethemaddog wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:43 pm
only 250 season tickets sold which is surprising and disappointing.

Disappointing?

I’d say it’s absolutely fantastic considering the circumstances we are currently living in and the uncertainty surrounding everyone’s finances...

divas

Post by divas » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:24 pm

Almost halfway to this seasons total, it’s only the first week in April and no one has a clue when we might see another game of football. It’s a good effort and brought in much needed cash.

Hopefully the interest free instalment plan available now makes it easier for others to get involved too

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:46 pm

bigdavethemaddog wrote:only 250 season tickets sold which is surprising and disappointing.

I'd agree with you any other season but at the moment it an unprecedented time..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:29 am

The season ticket prices next season are higher, probably because of the extra two home games but what happens if the leagues don't rejig and the same amount of games are played as this season?

Will the prices be adjusted?

This is more of a rhetorical question............
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:32 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:29 am
The season ticket prices next season are higher, probably because of the extra two home games but what happens if the leagues don't rejig and the same amount of games are played as this season?

i thought id read somewhere that the league restructure had been put back to next summer? i think it was in an article when they announced steps 3 and below were null and void.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:03 am

If that is the case then season ticket prices have risen. By maybe £25, I could be wrong...
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:20 am

bigdavethemaddog wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:32 am
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:29 am

i thought id read somewhere that the league restructure had been put back to next summer? i think it was in an article when they announced steps 3 and below were null and void.
if there is to be no promotions and relegations, then the League Restructure must be postponed

divas

Post by divas » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:40 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:03 am
If that is the case then season ticket prices have risen. By maybe £25, I could be wrong...
Ticket prices were obviously set and started to be sold before any of this kicked off and whilst it’s highly likely that the league won’t be expanded to 23 teams given the planned nullification of the divisions below there has still been no official announcement.

If and when it does come I’m positive the club will look into how fans who have bought both early bird and full price season tickets will be compensated if it does turn out we have 21 home games rather than 23.

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:10 am

divas wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:40 am
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:03 am
Ticket prices were obviously set and started to be sold before any of this kicked off and whilst it’s highly likely that the league won’t be expanded to 23 teams given the planned nullification of the divisions below there has still been no official announcement.

If and when it does come I’m positive the club will look into how fans who have bought both early bird and full price season tickets will be compensated if it does turn out we have 21 home games rather than 23.
I'm sure in a few months time when we know where we are heading the club will advise all of us season ticket holders and renewals the opportunity of a refund of 4 games we missed this season and any next season perhaps transferred as a vat free donation to the BTB if it is financially worth it ?