New initiative by the club 'Virtual Tickets'

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

HarrytheQuaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New initiative by the club 'Virtual Tickets'

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:14 pm

eddie-rowles wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:22 pm
eddie-rowles wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:53 pm
Three thousand quid in a day is a fine start to this initiative to support our club in these exceptional circumstances.
As we are fanned owned Would be fantastic to hear of any Darlington players donating their salaries back to the club or offering to defer their salary until season restart, how about Ainge offering his salary and only accepting his BOSTON part of his salary?
Fan..I wouldn't give my salary back to my employer WHY should they??? They have mortgages and families to feed..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Those players who have other jobs and are still receiving their main salaries, not suggesting the few young lads that have no other income. Many fans on reduced incomes are still looking to support the club, why not players
Send a email and ask the club the question

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:37 pm

:clap: another fantastic amount raised in short time from our tremendous fans ,we want this club to survive through this enforced stoppage, I personally think it will be a longer break than the FA are anticipating , everyone needs to take heed of the information being given and stop this virus spreading, the sooner people realise it's not a game and their lives are on the line and do this 2 meters apart and isolation the sooner this virus will end.
Keep safe, keep your families safe especially the elderly and look in anyone you know that are on their own, BE SAFE.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:37 pm

eddie-rowles wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:58 pm
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
eddie-rowles wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:
Three thousand quid in a day is a fine start to this initiative to support our club in these exceptional circumstances.
As we are fanned owned Would be fantastic to hear of any Darlington players donating their salaries back to the club or offering to defer their salary until season restart, how about Ainge offering his salary and only accepting his BOSTON part of his salary?
Fan..I wouldn't give my salary back to my employer WHY should they??? They have mortgages and families to feed..

Those players who have other jobs and are still receiving their main salaries
Know that for a fact, eddie?

Darlogramps

New initiative by the club 'Virtual Tickets'

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:50 pm

eddie-rowles wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
eddie-rowles wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:

Those players who have other jobs and are still receiving their main salaries, not suggesting the few young lads that have no other income. Many fans on reduced incomes are still looking to support the club, why not players
Eddie, if you were on a low wage for a struggling retailer, would you give your salary back to your employer? No you wouldn’t.

Stop making out like the players millionaires who can afford to go without pay, because they’re not. These “other” jobs are usually low-paid part-time jobs, needed because their part-time football wage doesn’t cover their cost of living for their families.

You are being unreasonable if you think players should put themselves through hardship at this time. Again, I can ask what are you doing to help the club, or your employer get through?

Stop being a plank and stop embarrassing yourself.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Beano

Post by Beano » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:35 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:50 pm
eddie-rowles wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
eddie-rowles wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:

Eddie, if you were on a low wage for a struggling retailer, would you give your salary back to your employer? No you wouldn’t.

Stop making out like the players millionaires who can afford to go without pay, because they’re not. These “other” jobs are usually low-paid part-time jobs, needed because their part-time football wage doesn’t cover their cost of living for their families.

You are being unreasonable if you think players should part themselves through hardship at this time. Again, I can ask what are you doing to help the club, or your employer get through?

Stop being a plank and stop embarrassing yourself.
100% agreed, Darlogramps.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:52 am

Eddie-rowles, you look at the situation through a "fan's eyes". You may want to do everything to save your club as would most fans

The footballers are employees, not fans. They act as employees. Have you as an employee given your salary back to your employer? No? Then why should the employees of any football club ( not just Darlington).

Don't try to shame employees for not acting the way fans would .

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:00 pm

spen666 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:52 am
Eddie-rowles, you look at the situation through a "fan's eyes". You may want to do everything to save your club as would most fans

The footballers are employees, not fans. They act as employees. Have you as an employee given your salary back to your employer? No? Then why should the employees of any football club ( not just Darlington).

Don't try to shame employees for not acting the way fans would .
What initiatives have Spenny fans come up with to help their club out? Might be worth using some of their ideas if there are some good ones.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:34 pm

Their main initiative is the "leave it to Brad" initiative.

We should copy that and get Brad to keep us going as well.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:36 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:34 pm
Their main initiative is the "leave it to Brad" initiative.

We should copy that and get Brad to keep us going as well.
To be fair the "leave it to Brad" initiative will be less of a risk than the "leave it to Raj" initiative employed elsewhere.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:03 pm

Brad is paying the Spenny kids fees and repaying already paid fees back , Great gesture looking after his club can't knock him

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:49 am

Just a reminder to anyone who is not aware or who may have forgotten about this fundraiser. Very bad time to be asking for money but the club really needs your help right now. Only £10 pledged in the last 24 hours so really struggling and not even a third of the way there yet. If you can help please do but totally appreciate many will have other priorities at this time. Stay safe.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:47 pm

Ive done Leamington and Curzon entrance money and will do Alty and Kings L.

Good idea from the club.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:43 am

I'm pretty sure we'll hit the target based on our previous efforts. It's a tough time for all of us and well done to everyone who contributes. It's understandable if people can't but there's still 26 days to go and people might be chucking in as games come up. I wouldn't have travelled but I'll be putting in.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:53 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:43 am
I'm pretty sure we'll hit the target based on our previous efforts. It's a tough time for all of us and well done to everyone who contributes. It's understandable if people can't but there's still 26 days to go and people might be chucking in as games come up. I wouldn't have travelled but I'll be putting in.
I contribute as each game comes along to spread it out.

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:16 pm

Starting to look as though we may not make the target :(. Presumably Time could be extended if required.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:37 pm

dfcdfcdfc wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:16 pm
Starting to look as though we may not make the target :(. Presumably Time could be extended if required.
Not sure that will be possible as BTB is due to be relaunched soon.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:42 pm

Old Git wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:37 pm
dfcdfcdfc wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:16 pm
Not sure that will be possible as BTB is due to be relaunched soon.
It's all a few quid to help OUR club survive. Don't suppose it matters too much which particular pot the money ends up in, does it? :roll:

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:17 pm

Anyone else "virtually"off to Southport on Saturday? Friendly pint in the club bar beforehand. It's a fixture we always get to so I'll be chipping in at the weekend. It's a nice change to put money in the away teams coffers!

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:17 am

Altrincham fans have raised £20,000 for the club No word on how spenny have got on with their fundraising

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:41 am

An article on the Stafford Rangers Website says they have fixed costs of £6,000 even when not operating. Quite scary to realise the costs involved even after furloughing staff, no games to put on etc.

Obviously, Stafford will have different costs to Darlington as they have their own ground and will have to maintain it, pay bills etc ( which are in all likelihood paid monthly across the year to spread the costs). In some respects Darlington may be better off, but if they still have to pay the "rent" costs then they could be worse off. I have no idea of the payment terms of the licence or what has been agreed with DRFC during this crisis. DRFC will still have their expenses to meet.

People tend to think that with no games going ahead and staff laid off there is no costs to a football club

Before anyone asks, I have no idea about Spennymoor's financial situation

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:36 am

spen666 wrote:An article on the Stafford Rangers Website says they have fixed costs of £6,000 even when not operating. Quite scary to realise the costs involved even after furloughing staff, no games to put on etc.

Obviously, Stafford will have different costs to Darlington as they have their own ground and will have to maintain it, pay bills etc ( which are in all likelihood paid monthly across the year to spread the costs). In some respects Darlington may be better off, but if they still have to pay the "rent" costs then they could be worse off. I have no idea of the payment terms of the licence or what has been agreed with DRFC during this crisis. DRFC will still have their expenses to meet.

People tend to think that with no games going ahead and staff laid off there is no costs to a football club

Have you put into there boost the budget or similar scheme Spen??

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:40 am

spen666 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:41 am
An article on the Stafford Rangers Website says they have fixed costs of £6,000 even when not operating. Quite scary to realise the costs involved even after furloughing staff, no games to put on etc.

That is actually an interesting point. I believe we are ordinarily paying rent per match day?

I wonder if us not having any matches for potentially 6+ months might sharpen a few minds at the Rugby club in regard to renegotiating a better deal for the football club in the long term.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:03 am

H1987 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:40 am
spen666 wrote:

That is actually an interesting point. I believe we are ordinarily paying rent per match day?

I wonder if us not having any matches for potentially 6+ months might sharpen a few minds at the Rugby club in regard to renegotiating a better deal for the football club in the long term.

I wasn't clear whether DFC paid tDRFC £X per year that covered the 21 league games and then paid extra for the cup games/ extra games. I was not sure if the £x per year was an annual fee paid for example monthly or was apportioned per game and paid after / before the game

Either way, a lot of the costs of any football club continue through the lockdown

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:00 pm

H1987 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:40 am
spen666 wrote:

Divas knows about this because he put something on this board a little while back. I think we have to pay for a whole seasons worth of league games, then the other ones as and when.

If this is the case it seems a little unfair, us paying out for games we will never play.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

divas

Post by divas » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:43 pm

Rent payments are usually monthly rather than per game but I’ve no idea if we’ve suspended payments since we’ve been unable to play. I expect the contract doesn’t have anything written into it regarding pandemics so it could probably be argued either way.

I know DRFC have loan commitments which the rent supports but obviously no idea whether they’ve taken a payment holiday on those.

50 years

Post by 50 years » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:50 am

Just put mine in for the seasons away games I missed, meant to do it earlier but forgot (old age is only excuse I have), logging back on to this forum and reading headings reminded me.
Target is going to be hard to achieve in this difficult time but every penny will help keep the club alive that is for sure. May need another e-mail, text campaign to drive it further?, especially if they are all like me and forgetful🙃

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:06 am

Going back to the rent issue, do we qualify for a rent 'holiday'? Wonder what the state of our landlord's finances are especially as they will be missing out on the May rugby festival now.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:56 am

jjljks wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:06 am
Going back to the rent issue, do we qualify for a rent 'holiday'? Wonder what the state of our landlord's finances are especially as they will be missing out on the May rugby festival now.
I'd be very much surprised if we get a rent holiday as DRFC will be really struggling financially as will DMP as I think neither club will be getting any help from the rugby union authorities.

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:18 pm

I see the target has been halved. Bit disappointing when others have managed 20k easily (eg Altrincham) and they aren't fan owned.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:53 pm

dfcdfcdfc wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:18 pm
I see the target has been halved. Bit disappointing when others have managed 20k easily (eg Altrincham) and they aren't fan owned.
Maybe Alty fans aren’t also paying into a boost the budget scheme like a lot of us are.