Boost the budget

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

quakerste
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost the budget

Post by quakerste » Tue May 12, 2020 6:07 pm

Great response approaching 80k from only 343 supporters I am sure we can double the number of supporters donating and get 100k+.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Tue May 12, 2020 6:15 pm

The most we have ever had is c510 investors (last season).

£79.4k is absolutely outstanding, especially at this stage of the month.

Gow9900

Post by Gow9900 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:08 pm

Bump.

Whilst their is lots of talk on almost every other thread about locals clubs budgets and spending power, let’s not forget that this is infinitely more important.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Wed May 20, 2020 4:34 pm

Fantastic that we've got it to £85,600. I expect there will be a surge in the last 5 or so days as people hit their payday's for May, and if we can get within £10k with 5 days to go I reckon we'll make the £100k mark.

I know its all TBC at the moment but contract news on the likes of Hatfield, Campbell, Donawa, Wheatley, Storey etc would help to give it a boost and get fans excited for what could happen next season, whenever it begins.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Fri May 22, 2020 8:54 am

Agree with that contracts signed.players in place excite the fan base high profile these and kick start the BTB in the last few days.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Fri May 22, 2020 1:29 pm

£11495 to go , fantastic effort :thumbup:
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri May 22, 2020 10:02 pm

90k up!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat May 23, 2020 9:31 pm

Only just over £7k to go in just over 7 days. What do fans think is the amount we can finally end up with?

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sun May 24, 2020 6:55 am

I thought this year we could achieve 120k even with everything going on because of the season we have had and the feel good factor around the place.

I still believe we can achieve this with a late push, however looking at it with 7 days to go 110k is a more realistic figure.

So far 423 have contributed, I would be disappointed if we couldn't get around 700 supporters to donate.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sun May 24, 2020 7:18 am

quakerste wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:55 am
I thought this year we could achieve 120k even with everything going on because of the season we have had and the feel good factor around the place.

I still believe we can achieve this with a late push, however looking at it with 7 days to go 110k is a more realistic figure.

So far 423 have contributed, I would be disappointed if we couldn't get around 700 supporters to donate.
I think you’d better get ready to be disappointed then.Last year we had just over 500 contributors (I think)and we weren’t living in a world of s***.These are hard times for a lot of people so I think what has been raised so far is truly amazing.
That being said,I still think we will hit the target.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sun May 24, 2020 8:38 am

I think we will just get over the line which is a fantastic effort under the circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun May 24, 2020 9:15 am

Disappointed?! Think you need to give your head a shake. In the normal world we managed to get around 500 to contribute but there are people losing jobs, frightened about future income, worried about a lot more than a non league football club and still we're pushing towards the target. I'm amazed we've got this far and proud of this incredible effort.

Lallacab

Post by Lallacab » Sun May 24, 2020 9:17 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:15 am
Disappointed?! Think you need to give your head a shake. In the normal world we managed to get around 500 to contribute but there are people losing jobs, frightened about future income, worried about a lot more than a non league football club and still we're pushing towards the target. I'm amazed we've got this far and proud of this incredible effort.

Exactly this ☝️

Things like this remind me what an amazing club we are, I’m not sure any clubs at our level would be able to do what our fans do

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun May 24, 2020 10:41 am

Lallacab wrote:
don'tbuythesun wrote:

Exactly this Image

Things like this remind me what an amazing club we are, I’m not sure any clubs at our level would be able to do what our fans do
Cannot imagine many non league clubs,if any at all,raising the amounts Darlo fans have done over the last few years with the possible exception of Spennymoor.Unbelievable fans and acknowledged and appreciated by AA and DJ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sun May 24, 2020 10:54 am

There is no question Spenny fans would step up if needed. Fortunately for them their club is run in a sustainable way and they generate enough money through their large gate receipts and sponsorship. Also given their prudent financial management and the fact they do not pay over the top wages means the fans can bask in the knowledge all is well in the kingdom of Spennyland . And children would you like me to read you another fairytale ?

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sun May 24, 2020 12:25 pm

Old Git wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 10:54 am
There is no question Spenny fans would step up if needed. Fortunately for them their club is run in a sustainable way and they generate enough money through their large gate receipts and sponsorship. Also given their prudent financial management and the fact they do not pay over the top wages means the fans can bask in the knowledge all is well in the kingdom of Spennyland . And children would you like me to read you another fairytale ?
Yes please.
Can you read the one about Uncle Raj and how he used to rescue football clubs.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sun May 24, 2020 12:36 pm

banktopp wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 12:25 pm
Old Git wrote:
Yes please.
Can you read the one about Uncle Raj and how he used to rescue football clubs.
Oh do you mean the one where friendly Uncle Raj rides to the rescue of failing football clubs and bails them out. Then when things start to get tough he tells them that it was all a big mistake and the money was only ever meant to be a loan and he would like it back please . Then they all lived unhappily ever after until another club nearby needed help and ....

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun May 24, 2020 12:37 pm

Old Git wrote:
They do have previous for stepping up to stop their club from folding completely don't they. They were even considerate enough to allow Evenwood to move in with them so they could survive too :lol:

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sun May 24, 2020 12:53 pm

I think we will hit 120k.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sun May 24, 2020 12:55 pm

And to be fair, I thought the 100k target this time around, considering the circumstances and uncertainty, was going to be a tough sell.

I feared we'd get nowhere near, and who could blame anyone? But those fears were put to bed in less than 24 hours of launch.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun May 24, 2020 1:06 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 12:53 pm
I think we will hit 120k.
I agree I think £120k is doable, especially after the Netcafe on Wednesday evening.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sun May 24, 2020 1:07 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:
That's my opinion which we are all entitled to.
What is wrong with being disappointed if we fail to hit 700 contributions. We averaged over 1300 last season and there will be several thousand other supporters out there who don't get to games on a regular basis as well as those exiled.

To improve as a fans owned club we should be looking to increase the number of people that are contributing. I'm not interested in how much people put in even it is a quid it is another supporter who is getting on board and believes in DJ and AA.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun May 24, 2020 1:56 pm

quakerste wrote:
don'tbuythesun wrote:
What is wrong with being disappointed if we fail to hit 700 contributions. We averaged over 1300 last season and there will be several thousand other supporters out there who don't get to games on a regular basis as well as those exiled.

To improve as a fans owned club we should be looking to increase the number of people that are contributing. I'm not interested in how much people put in even it is a quid it is another supporter who is getting on board and believes in DJ and AA.
How many of the 1300 were kids and don't earn money?? So the 500 or so are obviously adults who can afford it, some of our old people don't do online so can't contribute...Think about it🤔

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun May 24, 2020 2:01 pm

Of course you're entitled to your opinion but so am I and I believe you're way off the mark. I'd be delighted to be wrong but don't think there's any way we will be anywhere near your wishes. It's a crazy time and people will have new priorities. Us exiles (though I've never lived less than a 125 miles from Darlington) contribute in all sorts of ways and this makes us feel part of our club. As I said, whatever the numbers and total proud to be part of it.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun May 24, 2020 2:39 pm

quakerste wrote:
don'tbuythesun wrote:
If you’re expecting a 40% increase in the number of investors from last season, given the current situation with a major pandemic, many people either furloughed or losing their jobs, and a deep recession looming, you’re wildly incorrect with your expectations.

You’re entitled to your opinion, but by the same logic other people can tell you your opinion is going to be way off.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun May 24, 2020 3:27 pm

I can't believe people criticizing the number of investors or the amount raised.

The amount raised each year by fans of Darlington is fantastic. I wonder if there is any other club whose fans ( individuals not corporate investors) raise as much for their club, on top of the usual gate money/ 50/50 draws etc.

Whilst I may indulge in banter and debate about teams etc, one thing that cannot be criticized is the amount of money raised by the fans for Darlington FC

This year especially so given the current climate. Remember prior to the launch of the Boost the Budget appeal people were understandably wondering if in view of the economic situation globally, last years total could be matched. In reality its almost certainly going to be exceeded.

Praise where praise is due

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun May 24, 2020 3:39 pm

I'm sure there's a story here about a Golden Share....or maybe that's Willie Wonka?

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Sun May 24, 2020 3:43 pm

Amount of investors have been superb, unfortunately I suspect I may lose my job once coming off furlough so just have to wait whether I can contribute this year.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun May 24, 2020 3:54 pm

quakersfan wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 3:43 pm
Amount of investors have been superb, unfortunately I suspect I may lose my job once coming off furlough so just have to wait whether I can contribute this year.
Hope you don't suffer that fate.

Sadly, I think there are many people in a similar position at the moment and like you, understandably can't contribute today

Fingers crossed you and everyone else furloughed don't lose their jobs after furlough

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun May 24, 2020 6:57 pm

Only £5,400 to go marvellous fans .great club .looking forward to next signing.