New deals for Donawa,Hatfield,Rivers,Holmes,Hedley,Reid,Storey,Campbell,Laing,Wheatley,Liddle,Watson,Atkinson

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Old Git
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New deal for Donawa, Hatfield, Rivers, Holmes, Hedley, Reid, Storey , Campbell, Laing, Wheatley, Liddle, Watson,

Post by Old Git » Thu May 28, 2020 8:23 am

Atkinson has signed as well. Good news and along with Holmes it is like two new signings.

onewayup

Re: New deal for Donawa, Hatfield, Rivers, Holmes, Hedley, Reid, Storey , Campbell, Laing, Wheatley, Liddle, Watson,

Post by onewayup » Thu May 28, 2020 8:41 am

So tez Galbraith, and Omar holness, nothing back as yet due to Omar having new agent and looking at trials at league clubs. As for tez Galbraith still waiting,
But there is a cut off time ,can't leave it open ended.

karlo-cardiff

Re: New deal for Donawa, Hatfield, Rivers, Holmes, Hedley, Reid, Storey , Campbell, Laing, Wheatley, Liddle, Watson,Atki

Post by karlo-cardiff » Thu May 28, 2020 9:03 am

If galbraith does end up signing only because he couldn't get a better deal then I'd imagine his heart won't be it... Id rather a player not as good but fully committed to the

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

en passant

Re: New deal for Donawa, Hatfield, Rivers, Holmes, Hedley, Reid, Storey , Campbell, Laing, Wheatley, Liddle, Watson,Atki

Post by en passant » Thu May 28, 2020 9:32 am

I wonder if Armstrong will feel the same way about Omar if he believes that his desire is to find another club. He has clearly stated that he only wants players who are committed to playing for Darlo. Any suggestion that they are keen on other options might rule them out of the reckoning. It is also possible that with Atkinson back to fitness that he will take the berth that Omar was filling.

poppyfield

Re: New deals for Donawa,Hatfield,Rivers,Holmes,Hedley,Reid,Storey,Campbell,Laing,Wheatley,Liddle,Watson,Atkinson

Post by poppyfield » Thu May 28, 2020 10:08 am

So it looks like we are only waiting to hear about Galbraith then that's it done.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Old Git

Re: New deals for Donawa,Hatfield,Rivers,Holmes,Hedley,Reid,Storey,Campbell,Laing,Wheatley,Liddle,Watson,Atkinson

Post by Old Git » Thu May 28, 2020 10:21 am

Good luck to Tez whatever he decides. We now have the nucleus of a decent squad and seems likely we may well add Lambert to it which would make 14 by my reckoning even without Tez. AA has clearly stated we will only have 1 keeper so then maybe 3 more outfield players to come in. He seems to want 2 new strikers and another central defender and we will be set. If we get some quality players in those positions every reason to be optimistic for the season ahead.

50 years

Post by 50 years » Thu May 28, 2020 11:32 am

With Tez, I assume that he has two things to think about:-

Will he be first choice centre half? I am not sure he will and that may be a factor in his discussion.

His contract offer will have been reduced, one assumes in line with the others, (last of the large wage players?), and what we can afford as a club
. He may have also seen what Thommo was offered I assume which from what AA says was a very good deal from Spennymoor.

Both reasonable reasons for thinking of options, but as has been mentioned before if we do sign him his commitment may be diminished so personally I think I would prefer he left while the fans hold him in high regard..

As for Omar, you could see why a new agent could turn his head with "possible options", and he wont be disappointed with our club if they don't work out, so I would have him back, but as has been said we cant wait too long for decisions or AA will have to make the decision to pull the offer so he knows the budget for new signings.

It's great to see that we have the rest signed up, and some will be like new signings. Think next year will be a good season.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu May 28, 2020 11:59 am

Time isn't on Omar's side, as clubs could offer him trials, but with no training going on then he won't have trials to go to.

bga

Post by bga » Thu May 28, 2020 2:41 pm

en passant wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:32 am
I wonder if Armstrong will feel the same way about Omar if he believes that his desire is to find another club. He has clearly stated that he only wants players who are committed to playing for Darlo. Any suggestion that they are keen on other options might rule them out of the reckoning. It is also possible that with Atkinson back to fitness that he will take the berth that Omar was filling.
You are right about AA only wanting players who are committed to Darlo, but I think as he's also indicated he doesn't berudge anybody trying to better themselves by moving to a higher league club. I think the commitment aspect comes for players who are playing one club in our League off against another club when it comes to a deal?

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Thu May 28, 2020 6:33 pm

Omar must be mad to try his luck looking for another club in today's climate. I would have taken the security of another year and pushed on from there.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu May 28, 2020 7:36 pm

Atkinson signing is a huge boost. A player held in high regard by AA who can play a right-back, centre-half & centre-mid. Would also free up Ben Hedley if he was needed in central midfield.

In regards to Omar, it is a risk him taking a chance on trying to get full-time contract elsewhere when he has a years’ stability offered. But that is his prerogative and I don’t think anybody would begrudge him if he did decide to move on.

Agree with the sentiments regarding Galbraith. Great servant for us, club legend & I don’t think you can blame him for considering his options. AA has gone on record to say he wants to sign another centre-half, and has also retained Storey & Laing. He is probably at a cross-roads in the sense that he’s been with the club a very long time, club captain and is currently playing at the highest level he has been at, but has been offered a pay reduction. This probably wouldn’t happen in any other profession than football!