Natcafe with AA

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

HarrytheQuaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Natcafe with AA

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu May 28, 2020 12:44 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:41 am
Darlo_CR wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:02 am
Interesting that on more than one occasion now (April DFR podcast and last night) AA has said that he'd started to sound out his targets in January, which obviously pre-dates the released lists of some clubs a couple of weeks ago. He also said that he hoped for one or two surprises.

So I'm just speculating here, but Maguire and Lambert, possibly Langstaff if he was bench warming at York.
Didn't someone say that Jameson was under contract at York, so that rules him out.
He also said he wanted a strong centre half. No clue about that.

For what it's worth, I don't think we'll see Holness again, given that he was on non-contract anyway. AA said last night that he likes people tied down, as when they leave it can be disruptive, like with Tyrone. Lambert would be a more than suitable replacement for him. Tez? Maybe 50-50 at best. Someone also said Hebburn have a deal on the table for him too if he wants.
I wouldn’t rule Jameson out as one of the potential surprises.
Could not see him returning a lot of our so called fans slated the lad towards his last stint and confidence had gone, if I were him I would not come back and I wouldn't blame him

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
I don't agree, time is a great healer & from the fans reception for him at York last season means he is very well thought of by the vast majority of Darlo fans.
Pete people slated the bloke and unfairly so in my opinion.. Also people slagged him at York too unless you didn't hear that

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Thu May 28, 2020 12:51 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 12:44 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:41 am
Darlo_CR wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:02 am
Interesting that on more than one occasion now (April DFR podcast and last night) AA has said that he'd started to sound out his targets in January, which obviously pre-dates the released lists of some clubs a couple of weeks ago. He also said that he hoped for one or two surprises.

So I'm just speculating here, but Maguire and Lambert, possibly Langstaff if he was bench warming at York.
Didn't someone say that Jameson was under contract at York, so that rules him out.
He also said he wanted a strong centre half. No clue about that.

For what it's worth, I don't think we'll see Holness again, given that he was on non-contract anyway. AA said last night that he likes people tied down, as when they leave it can be disruptive, like with Tyrone. Lambert would be a more than suitable replacement for him. Tez? Maybe 50-50 at best. Someone also said Hebburn have a deal on the table for him too if he wants.
I wouldn’t rule Jameson out as one of the potential surprises.
Could not see him returning a lot of our so called fans slated the lad towards his last stint and confidence had gone, if I were him I would not come back and I wouldn't blame him

I don't agree, time is a great healer & from the fans reception for him at York last season means he is very well thought of by the vast majority of Darlo fans.
Pete people slated the bloke and unfairly so in my opinion.. Also people slagged him at York too unless you didn't hear that

I think the ‘slagging off at York’ was more banter between fans and past players. Styche had similar treatment when he played against us for Hereford but received an ovation when he was later substituted.

karlo-cardiff

Post by karlo-cardiff » Thu May 28, 2020 2:56 pm

What's the obsession with players having to have played for darlo in the past.. They obviously left for a reason

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Thu May 28, 2020 3:08 pm

karlo-cardiff wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 2:56 pm
What's the obsession with players having to have played for darlo in the past.. They obviously left for a reason

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
I wouldn't say it's an obsession, apart from Jameson those linked with us haven't played for us before. I could understand if people were discussing names like Jason Kennedy and Dale Hopson but he's a quality goalkeeper and we would be daft to not want him to come back.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu May 28, 2020 3:50 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 12:44 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:

My memory is that Jameson gets a fantastic reception whenever we have played against him, granted I agree some were poor when he had the bad spell and then left but generally he gets a good reception from Darlo fans.

I wouldn't mind him signing back if we had the chance but I am sure they are other options as well.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun May 31, 2020 10:05 am

Just had a read again and AA is not a fan of BM. Daz Holloway in his Netcafé said that he loved playing at the Arena, although hadn't been back since. DJ has certainly said publically that to increase commercial revenue then we have outgrown BM. Certainly going forward it seems that when the SV is (possibly) resolved then our management would certainly favour a move.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sun May 31, 2020 12:05 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 10:05 am
Just had a read again and AA is not a fan of BM. Daz Holloway in his Netcafé said that he loved playing at the Arena, although hadn't been back since. DJ has certainly said publically that to increase commercial revenue then we have outgrown BM. Certainly going forward it seems that when the SV is (possibly) resolved then our management would certainly favour a move.
That is surely now a huge if.

The viability study was due to be reviewed by the council at the end of March, cant help but think most of its content will need to be adapted to a post Covid-19 world. From the businesses which would be interested in sharing the site, to the commercial rents which they are able to achieve, to the value of housing and council income from council tax and business rates if there is a long recession and associated job losses.

Have always wondered what new revenue streams moving to the arena would open up for us, after all we would only be tennants at best. But dont imagine there will be much movement on this in the near future, will become very much a back burner issue for the council.