Give them wings

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

onewayup
Team Supported: Darlington

Give them wings

Post by onewayup » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:36 am

Give them wings, the film about Darlington fan flipper, makes it onto the Oscars selections list
Well done to all involved in the 7 years of getting to this stage, I hope it goes further still and give them wings 2 gets the nod.well done everyone. Exposure for DFC.

bga

Re: Give them wings

Post by bga » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:55 pm

onewayup wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:36 am
Give them wings, the film about Darlington fan flipper, makes it onto the Oscars selections list
Well done to all involved in the 7 years of getting to this stage, I hope it goes further still and give them wings 2 gets the nod.well done everyone. Exposure for DFC.
Don't fully understand your reference to " makes it onto the Oscars selections list"? Last update from the Club in February confirmed film had not been made/released at that point. Have we missed something? Looks like it will be worth watching when it is out.

bga

Post by bga » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:29 pm

For those who are interested see link on Club site.

https://darlingtonfc.co.uk/news/give-th ... m-festival

Feethams 1965

Post by Feethams 1965 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:25 pm

There was a social media appeal went out earlier this month for a 1990 car required for filming at Catterick Camp. I offered a 1980 one which was accepted and used after submitting photos. It was interesting to watch and I was told that filming had come to a stop due to lockdown when it was 98% complete. However they'd been given a day's extension to finish it which they did that night. Whether they got it to the Cannes film festival the next day as they hoped, I don't know.