Midweek home games

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

Midweek home games

Post by poppyfield » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:38 am

Now to played on Tuesday nights.

Midweek home night switched to Tuesday

The club has been granted permission by the league to switch our midweek home match night to Tuesdays from Wednesdays for the 2020/21 season.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Darlopartisan

Re: Midweek home games

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:46 am

Never sure why we were different from everyone else in the league

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:28 pm

Happy with this change and it makes sense to me as I believe we normally train on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Looks like there could be plenty of Tuesday night action in the coming season with a bit of luck.

Henley

Post by Henley » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:08 pm

Old Git wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:28 pm
Looks like there could be plenty of Tuesday night action in the coming season with a bit of luck.
Lucky Mrs Old Git.

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:15 pm

........ And credit where credits due the rugby club have kindly agreed to our request.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:44 pm

We always wanted Tuesday as our midweek game so we can train on a Thursday before Saturday.

Bishop wanted it also and other than one season I think the Northern Prem Winning season where we got the Tuesday but I think that may have been because we were expected to go to Blackwell. We then started the National League North season back with Wednesdays.

The Rugby Club also had things on at Blackwell on a Tuesday so naturally the Wednesday stuck for us. As above they mush have agreed to allow us to move to Tuesday which is better for us and something AA and past managers wanted.

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:30 pm

Think this will be really good for us. Always thought we were at a disadvantage with Wednesday as that meant all things being equal we would play the following match on a Saturday against a team who had had an extra day's rest. The teams we played on Wednesday would have had the same time since Saturday as we had so no advantage there. I think it could be worth a couple of points to us over a season - though obviously we'll never know!

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:30 pm

Does anybody remember the good old days at feethams when we used to play our midweek matches on a Monday night. I seem to remember us once beating Scunthorpe United 5-2 on a Monday and Lloyd Maitland playing a blinder on the right wing.