October 3rd

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

bigdavethemaddog

Re: October 3rd

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:19 pm

dfc4me wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:31 pm
Emdubya wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:06 pm
Darlopartisan wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:38 pm
Would it not be fairer if we have to limit numbers to base it on last season’s average attendance ? I don’t know the exact figures, but let’s say Gateshead ground can hold 10000 but their average gate was 1000 and say numbers were cut to 50 percent because of Covid so they would be allowed 500, we would be around the 750 mark, this way it would based on attendance not capacity.
Or I could be talking bollocks.
Here’s a thought.Open the ground and if you want to go.then go.Wear a mask 😷 if we have to.If you’re frightened of this bug then stay away.Thousands of people on beaches,protests and the great pub opening day and no spike in infections.
I’d rather take my chance with 1500 in the open air than with 100 in a supermarket .
Exactly. Make face masks a condition of entry, no exceptions, possibly temperature checks at turnstiles, capacity limited to 1500 all ticket and split the ground so everyone can’t go onto the tin shed. Think people would then be as safe at BM as anywhere else.

what about people with medical conditions and hidden disabilities who cant wear face masks?

jjljks
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by jjljks » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:00 am

Would be a predicament for the club in the selection of season ticket holders who would be allowed to attend if capacity limited to 300 as I think we have already sold 500. Already getting fewer games than last season, so it would be hard to bear if it was further limited. Personally, don't have an issue with hidden extra cost per game, but I do want to see all the home games, especially if fans are banned from away matches. Perhaps there will be a blackmarket and ticket touts cash in🤬

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:25 am

jjljks wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:00 am
Would be a predicament for the club in the selection of season ticket holders who would be allowed to attend if capacity limited to 300 as I think we have already sold 500. Already getting fewer games than last season, so it would be hard to bear if it was further limited. Personally, don't have an issue with hidden extra cost per game, but I do want to see all the home games, especially if fans are banned from away matches. Perhaps there will be a blackmarket and ticket touts cash in🤬
Sorry why are we getting less games? Thought the intention was to play through to the end of May next year. I think an estimated crowd of 300 is a very low figure. Hopefully if limits are put on it will be something nearer to 10000 which would mean season ticket holders and 500 club members would be able to attend.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:35 am

Old Git wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:25 am
In your dreams Old Git!!!
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:32 am

Old Git wrote:
jjljks wrote:
Sorry why are we getting less games? Thought the intention was to play through to the end of May next year. I think an estimated crowd of 300 is a very low figure. Hopefully if limits are put on it will be something nearer to 10000 which would mean season ticket holders and 500 club members would be able to attend.
Getting less games than originally planned, which was 23 home games but we will now have 21 or even only 20 if Bury situation doesn't get sorted out in that way. So one of North or South would have to only have 21 teams, I expect this would be South with how things work.

Also no financial support to the club really of ST holder and 500 club members being in the ground, so it's a tricky one for the club. They can't afford to upset ST holders/500 club members as they are probably the key boost the budget people also but they can't afford to not having pay on the day customers either.

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:44 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:32 am
Old Git wrote:
jjljks wrote:
Getting less games than originally planned, which was 23 home games but we will now have 21 or even only 20 if Bury situation doesn't get sorted out in that way. So one of North or South would have to only have 21 teams, I expect this would be South with how things work.

Also no financial support to the club really of ST holder and 500 club members being in the ground, so it's a tricky one for the club. They can't afford to upset ST holders/500 club members as they are probably the key boost the budget people also but they can't afford to not having pay on the day customers either.
wonder if the club would do an online fundraiser for fans who cant attend but want to donate their admission and food money to the club.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:58 am

One thing I would really like is another good cup run, either FA Cup / Trophy / Vase, hell even Durham Shield but all drawn as home ties (Wembley excepted)

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:11 am

A further problem for the club is that is only ST attend home games, non-ST fans may begin to lose interest if they can't attend games. Another reason for the club not to restrict admission to ST holders only if possible. There is so much for the club to think about, good luck DJ.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:23 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:11 am
A further problem for the club is that is only ST attend home games, non-ST fans may begin to lose interest if they can't attend games. Another reason for the club not to restrict admission to ST holders only if possible. There is so much for the club to think about, good luck DJ.
Good point. All clubs need to have their usual crowd inside the ground, anything other than that is forcing them to lose money and what kind of league would that be?

Also to bear in mind that bar sales will fall, and I feel that crowd levels for most clubs will dip too, as the more mature fans may feel that it's safer to stay away for a while.

It's all difficult to plan as no one knows what's going to happen.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:52 am

Anyone know how DRFC are with fixtures & Covid19 precautions? Deffo their usual crowds can safely social distance in BM

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:20 am

Old Git wrote:
jjljks wrote:
Would be a predicament for the club in the selection of season ticket holders who would be allowed to attend if capacity limited to 300 as I think we have already sold 500. Already getting fewer games than last season, so it would be hard to bear if it was further limited. Personally, don't have an issue with hidden extra cost per game, but I do want to see all the home games, especially if fans are banned from away matches. Perhaps there will be a blackmarket and ticket touts cash inImage

How does the Bury situation adversely affect the number of home games? We could get one more if they get dropped into our league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:27 am

Well at the moment we only have 43 teams between North and South. Now they don’t look like promoting a team from Step 3 so we are short.

If Bury get dropped in North Division then we will have 44 teams and 22 for each, of which Brackley or Gloucester would move South. If Bury aren’t dropped into us and no team comes up from step 3 then we are one short.

We are likely to stay with 22 and south reduced to 21 as we get Fylde and Chorley but who knows how they do it. So we could be down to 20 home games but it looks unlikely.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:35 am

Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:27 am
We are likely to stay with 22 and south reduced to 21 as we get Fylde and Chorley but who knows how they do it.
They get all 43 teams and then draw a new line to split the step 2 divisions.

I actually think we are more likely to be the division with 21 as I expect Gloucester to move across.

You don't get promoted to or relegated to a particular division you simply get promoted to / relegated to a step in the pyramid and then geographical lines are drawn at that point.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:46 am

Yeah I get what you mean. I can just see the league making the most obvious choice during this summer which is two northern teams down and one southern team and leave everyone else as they were especially as no teams coming up.

However until promotion sorted and Bury who knows 100%, as you say it’s possible we could end up with 21 in the North and 22 in the South.

Darlogramps

October 3rd

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:01 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:27 am
We are likely to stay with 22 and south reduced to 21 as we get Fylde and Chorley but who knows how they do it.
They get all 43 teams and then draw a new line to split the step 2 divisions.

I actually think we are more likely to be the division with 21 as I expect Gloucester to move across.

You don't get promoted to or relegated to a particular division you simply get promoted to / relegated to a step in the pyramid and then geographical lines are drawn at that point.
If Bury don’t come in, and we’re left with 43 teams I don’t actually think they’ll move anyone across and will just leave it as is.

Given the circumstances, it’d be pretty harsh to add more change and instability by moving a side from North to South, given Gloucester/Brackley will have done a great deal of planning already.

I’m just speculating here but there’ll definitely be concerns about that on Gloucester/Brackley’s part.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:31 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:11 am
Sorry Pete but don’t understand what you mean. You can not admit non season ticket holders and ban some fans with them. How would a loyal fan who has paid in advance feel if excluded but some people are allowed in who have not. The problem is more likely to be can all season ticket holders and 500 club members get in and if not how will they be prioritised.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:50 pm

I will stick up for Pete here :o , he did say "if possible".
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:17 pm

Doubt we will ever by ST only it will be in priority order...

> Season Tickets (500 club members are all season ticket holders by definition)
> DFCSG members
> Public sale

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:31 pm

Surely the original bury football club are history now how can any league administrator trust Steve dale after the shabby way he has treated the gigg lane club and their supporters.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:20 pm

Wouldn't Bury FC have to come to an arrangement to pay off football creditor debts and show an acceptable funding package is in place going forward.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:05 am

At the time of sale of the Early Bird season tickets we were looking forward to an extra 2 games, however these extra games will now not happen and we still don't know for sure how many teams will be in our league.

It's no ones fault but it seems impossible for anyone to organise anything at present - is October the 3rd definitely going to happen at all I wonder?
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:27 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:05 am
At the time of sale of the Early Bird season tickets we were looking forward to an extra 2 games, however these extra games will now not happen and we still don't know for sure how many teams will be in our league.

It's no ones fault but it seems impossible for anyone to organise anything at present - is October the 3rd definitely going to happen at all I wonder?
The date will definitely happen. If we play football on that date is anybody's guess. :D :roll:

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:29 am

joejaques wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:27 am
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:05 am

The date will definitely happen. If we play football on that date is anybody's guess. :D :roll:
Will the date definitely happen....................................
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:28 pm

Greater Manchester, West Yorkshire & East Lancashire all locked down again from midnight. How many still think we'll kick off on 3rd October? :roll:

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:49 pm

That is for indoor household visiting, not for public places/amenities.

Yes, it does defy logic in a sense.

But yes, I still think we will kick off on October 3rd with limited capacity, enhanced hygiene measures and socially distanced seating/standing arrangements for household groups.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:11 am

I admire your optimism, I may have felt the same way myself 40 or 50 years ago. :roll:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:58 am

Darlofan97 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:49 pm
That is for indoor household visiting, not for public places/amenities.
Not quite - it also extends to "arranged meetings" at other indoor locations such as pubs / restaurants.

So basically in Manchester you now can't go to the pub or out for a meal with another household...unless they are in your household bubble etc. etc.

I assume that football changing rooms are an exception to the rule otherwise Manchester clubs can't compete. They were previously as they had more than two households meeting indoors.

The biggest barrier to starting is and will remain that the attendees at the event is still 30 people - that still has not been lifted as a restriction.

Who knows when there will be an announcement on that - traditionally with this government it is 10PM on the day before they expect new rules to be implemented. So expect we might hear more on Friday 2nd October...

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:20 am

I just can't see how the season can start if areas of the North are being locked down or partially locked down. The reality is that we are facing a second surge in Coronavirus & that could end any chance of a new season started this season. Sorry for being so gloomy, but I think people who are hoping for an October return are not facing the reality of the situation. Hope I'm wrong of course.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:26 am

I've just had visibility of some league guidance as part of the risk assessments that are being completed where it effectively states that in the case of local geographical lockdowns then action will be taken to suspend fixtures.

Its West Cheshire league docs but it's based on FA steer effectively.
Last edited by lo36789 on Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:51 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:20 am
I just can't see how the season can start if areas of the North are being locked down or partially locked down. The reality is that we are facing a second surge in Coronavirus & that could end any chance of a new season started this season. Sorry for being so gloomy, but I think people who are hoping for an October return are not facing the reality of the situation. Hope I'm wrong of course.
How can we be facing a 2nd surge, when the 1st phase never ended?