Nicky Hunt

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Footifanreturns
Team Supported: Darlington

Nicky Hunt

Post by Footifanreturns » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:45 pm

Having watched the Les Mc Jannet interview with Ray Simpson, which is very good by the way. It reminded me that Frank Gray was 35 / 36 when Brian Little signed him.

How many see the Frank Gray signing as similar to Nicky Hunt ?
I know one or two on here & Tinshed seem to be worried about Nicky's age.
If Nicky does half as well as Frank we will all be delighted, for those who have played the game at any level will realise playing at the back is as much as reading the game as speed & power, experience tells.
Injuries fears that some have referred to can happen at any age, look at the long term injuries last season with much younger players. It is always a risk signing new players, some live up to expectations some don't.
Personally I think he is a great signing, just what we need, a cool experience head to command the defensive line.

QUAKERMAN2

Re: Nicky Hunt

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:04 pm

Footifanreturns wrote:Having watched the Les Mc Jannet interview with Ray Simpson, which is very good by the way. It reminded me that Frank Gray was 35 / 36 when Brian Little signed him.

How many see the Frank Gray signing as similar to Nicky Hunt ?
I know one or two on here & Tinshed seem to be worried about Nicky's age.
If Nicky does half as well as Frank we will all be delighted, for those who have played the game at any level will realise playing at the back is as much as reading the game as speed & power, experience tells.
Injuries fears that some have referred to can happen at any age, look at the long term injuries last season with much younger players. It is always a risk signing new players, some live up to expectations some don't.
Personally I think he is a great signing, just what we need, a cool experience head to command the defensive line.
Totally agree Chris, just look at the number of games he played for Crewe last season who got promoted, their fans were very surprised he was released, look at the club's he has previously played for.....without a doubt just the type of player we need and were crying out for last season Frank Gray was brilliant for us and was still very fit and was a class act.Would not be surprised to see him made captain tbh.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

divas

Post by divas » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:59 pm

If he can take a spot kick owt like Frank then Adam Campbell is going to have some competition. I’m really looking forward to seeing how he improves the defence

Footifanreturns

Post by Footifanreturns » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:09 pm

divas wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:59 pm
If he can take a spot kick owt like Frank then Adam Campbell is going to have some competition. I’m really looking forward to seeing how he improves the defence
I wouldn't hold your breath on that one Divas .. he has scored 4 goals in his whole career. 😁