SEASON POSTPONED?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

dfc4me
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: SEASON POSTPONED?

Post by dfc4me » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:32 am

Can’t believe South Shields were allowed to play a home match on Saturday with a crowd of 600 with the area under a local lockdown. Wonder how much social distancing went on, probably very little.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:15 pm

loan_star wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:22 am
if we dont start the season, or play a full season, then how can promotion or relegation happen.
It also means any football below the "elite" levels is a waste of time.
It will be like how the Darlo cricket league worked this summer, nothing riding on the games.
You could still have promotions and relegation from step 3 down. For step 3 to 2 there are 2 vacancies already, ( Bury and Macclesfield). There were plans to make step 2 consist of 24 team, so that would be 4 more places. 2 in North and 2 in South, making a total of 6 teams eligible for promotion

4 step 3 winners & 2 super play off winners?

That is of course assuming season at that level continues

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:39 pm

As sad as it may well be if clubs start becoming insolvent in biblical proportions which I can see happening if this tragedy continues - could we even find ourselves granted a place in a higher league by default.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:05 pm

divas

Post by divas » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:28 pm

spen666 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:05 pm
The first of many?

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -parmenter
They won’t make £80K a month from playing games that’s for sure. What he means is he’ll no longer fund them.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:19 pm

divas wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:28 pm
spen666 wrote:
The first of many?

They won’t make £80K a month from playing games that’s for sure. What he means is he’ll no longer fund them.
Sorry Divas hit wrong button and reported your comment when I meant to comment on it.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:49 pm

divas wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:28 pm
spen666 wrote:
The first of many?

They were one of the first to warn of doom when season was halted in March if I remember. Clearly all their problems are not due to Covid, but then again, that is probably true of all clubs in trouble

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:55 pm

eddie-rowles wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:22 am
I have been to many northern league grounds over last month, with 300 max crowds, I suspect a few games the official attendance of 300 a little over although not at West Auckland last night.
Apart from taking your name and a small bottle of sanitizer available I see no distancing or controls inside or outside the grounds, all funnelled thru one turnstile, paying cash same guy touching every fan with a ticket or change. Raffle tickets, cards by another guy no gloves no face mask coming right into your face and surprised when you ask them to step back.
Groups of kids 20-30 all together(bubbles of 6), large groups sheltering from rain in a small stand, no distancing, burger staff or clubhouse selling beer no face masks or distancing observed, how is that acceptable as opposed 2000k at the arena, contactless payments, several turnstiles , 15K spent on hygiene it is a joke completely . We are really screwed by the FA madhouse

Looking at the recent announcement from the Durham FA it would appear face masks will become mandatory at Northern League grounds and clubs will not be allowed to exceed 15% of the minimum ground grading capacity while spectators have been banned completely at Wearside League level downwards.
Adult football:

Men’s National League System Steps 3 – 6 & Women’s Football Pyramid Steps 3-6

Reduction of spectators – numbers do not exceed 15% of the minimum ground grading capacity – Stage 1
All spectators should wear face coverings at all times as stated inline with government advice.
Club houses/bars– It is strongly advised that these remain closed one hour before kick-off and remain closed until one hour after the final whistle. When open clubs must comply with all Government and Local Authority regulations including social distancing and table service requirements. Government guidance states that food and drink can be served outside in an open space if the clubs licence permits.
Changing facilities may remain closed where the facility owner deems this to be necessary.
All training must take place without spectators
All Adult Football Outside of the National League System

No spectators at training or matches.
Changing rooms closed only toilets accessible
Tonight's game at the RA may well be the final football match I attend this season.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:56 pm

spen666 wrote:
The first of many?

Wasn't he the one who put the whole squad up for sale when they wouldn't take pay cuts before furlough was announced. And then ended up just getting a load more on allegedly decent money?

Feel for any club but I do think Dover's owner has history of declaring a crisis and then buying new players on big wages moments later.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:10 pm

HMG must be in favour of gymnastics as they keep doing flip-flops.
What are the chances of Kevin & our video lads having any action to stream?🤔

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:12 pm

I like to think we will be okay, we apparently have a very small PAYE Bill once you take the players out of the scenario, most of them have jobs. As a fan funded club I’d like to think the board of the DFCSG will put up a plan to get us through the season.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:08 pm

quakersfan wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:12 pm
I like to think we will be okay, we apparently have a very small PAYE Bill once you take the players out of the scenario, most of them have jobs. As a fan funded club I’d like to think the board of the DFCSG will put up a plan to get us through the season.
Presumably Step 1 of the plan is to obtain quotes for a crystal ball..............

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:34 am

Some valid points particularly about pubs:
-Im really sick of hearing “we can sit in a packed pub but not go to football”. What packed pubs? Hardly as if a pub will have anywhere near the amount in of even a northern league Game. Have these idiots spouting this s*** been to a pub lately?
-i think this having to wear masks malarkey at northern league games is daft and is not compulsory uk wide as far as i know.
-someone mentioned about setups at clubs below the 6th tier, i agree. Cash payments only, fans all going through the same turnstyle etc. The likes of gateshead, darlington, notts county snd many more can easily combat those issues. Safer haveing 1000 in a all seated stadium than 300 in a 2k ground with no segregation
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:10 am

shildonlad wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:34 am
-Im really sick of hearing “we can sit in a packed pub but not go to football”. What packed pubs? Hardly as if a pub will have anywhere near the amount in of even a northern league Game. Have these idiots spouting this s*** been to a pub lately?
-i think this having to wear masks malarkey at northern league games is daft and is not compulsory uk wide as far as i know.
-someone mentioned about setups at clubs below the 6th tier, i agree. Cash payments only, fans all going through the same turnstyle etc. The likes of gateshead, darlington, notts county snd many more can easily combat those issues. Safer haveing 1000 in a all seated stadium than 300 in a 2k ground with no segregation
Agreed but I think you are missing the point to some extent which is although Gateshead and Darlington may be ok playing in large all seater stadiums the reality is that we are the exceptions at NLN level. If all clubs can’t reach those standards the season will not be able to start because most teams simply don’t have that option. We could play Gateshead but grounds like Farsley’s and Guiesley’s for example would probably not be suitable. The most likely outcome I believe will be that our season will be suspended and will likely not happen at all.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:15 am

I'm not convinced now.

I think that Step 1 behind closed doors and Step 2 reclassified as non-elite seems to be the rumours from yesterday.

9 days to go.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:24 am

shildonlad wrote:
It doesn't help though when you get stuff like this.....

https://www.southtyneside.gov.uk/articl ... s-Breaches

South Tyneside, which includes South Shields, has the second highest rate of new infections in the entire country. Even a small number of pubs and clubs operating in this fashion could quite easily have a significant impact on helping to maintain that dubious distinction.
Last edited by LoidLucan on Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:48 am

LoidLucan wrote:
shildonlad wrote:
It doesn't help though when you get stuff like this.....

https://www.southtyneside.gov.uk/articl ... s-Breaches

South Tyneside, which includes South Shields, has the second highest rate of infections in the entire country. Even a small number of pubs and clubs operating in this fashion could quite easily have a significant impact on helping to maintain that dubious distinction.
Staggering that South Shields were allowed to play in front of 600 fans.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:26 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:48 am
.....Staggering that South Shields were allowed to play in front of 600 fans.

Why?

Because 3 pubs completely unrelated to the football club break rules regarding social distancing ( one in relation to a funeral wake) is no reason South Shields FC can't host a football match safely.

If it had been the football clubhouse that had breached social distancing rules, then I would agree with you.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:46 am

With Rishi Sunak not doing his planned budget and having to rethink ending of the furlough scheme & other business grants, now is the time for fans to tell the authorities to let NL clubs have tight controls such as all ticket games before a limited numbers crowd determined by Covid safety guidance, well segregated etc. National League are not in any way "elite" and rely heavily on gate money to stay in business. Premier League & Championship do have loads of TV cash as well as sponsors & owners with deep pockets whilst the rest of football exists on a hand-to-mouth basis and need some assistance to get through this crisis.

norwich darlo

Post by norwich darlo » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:01 am

Mister e wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:39 pm
As sad as it may well be if clubs start becoming insolvent in biblical proportions which I can see happening if this tragedy continues - could we even find ourselves granted a place in a higher league by default.
If so would that spell the end to Blackwell Meadows if it did not meet ground regulations?

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:38 am

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:00 am

No friendlies sanctioned from Durham FA is awkward.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:31 am

spen666 wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

Why?

Because 3 pubs completely unrelated to the football club break rules regarding social distancing ( one in relation to a funeral wake) is no reason South Shields FC can't host a football match safely.

If it had been the football clubhouse that had breached social distancing rules, then I would agree with you.
Because South Shields is reported as having the 2nd highest infection rate in the country.That is my point, nothing to do with 3 pubs you idiot.Go back to your message board.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:26 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:31 am
spen666 wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

Why?

Because South Shields is reported as having the 2nd highest infection rate in the country.That is my point, nothing to do with 3 pubs you idiot.Go back to your message board.

If its safe to host football, its safe to hold football in South Shields with a socially distanced crowd.

They appear to have complied with all regulations and restrictions, so why shouldn't the game go ahead?

The risks of transmission in open air are very small if people observe social distancing

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:30 pm

Unless all teams in a league meet all of the conditions then that league will not start as it`s pointless some being able to play and others not

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:48 pm

Well the National League are supposed to be making a decision as to the way forward, sometime today.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:46 pm

No surprise to see York (who championed NLN receiving "elite" status to begin with) have wrote to the League stating their support for beginning the season on schedule behind closed doors.

From what I've read elsewhere being stripped of elite status could, at best, see us levelled up in terms of restrictions with Step 3 and any possibility of larger attendances being effectively wavered. I saw earlier the Quaker Retail have moved their unit from Blackwell to the Arena, I only hope they haven't wasted their time in doing so and oddly enough the boxing day/new year fixtures with Spennymoor have also been reversed should the season go ahead we will play them at home on boxing day and away on January 2nd (after last years debacle it may well be a good thing if it's behind closed doors).

With the FA Cup draw due to be published tomorrow I would expect to a statement from the National League some time today, clarity is needed ASAP a situation cannot arise where clubs only potentially a hand full of cup fixtures behind closed doors.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:07 pm

Looks like season will start on Oct 3.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:13 pm

Probably shouldn't be a surprised based on the where the power lies in the voting. Let's hope there's some bailout money coming

MIMIFATI13

Post by MIMIFATI13 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:08 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:47 am
Wow Boris just said he expected the new measures to be in place for 6 months.

These measures included the non return of spectators to sporting venues.
I do think that things will only improve slowly & a lot of clubs will go out of business Speed Test
Last edited by MIMIFATI13 on Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.