FA cup game to be played at BM

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlopartisan
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by Darlopartisan » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:24 am

As above behind closed doors. On official website.
The pitch at the Arena is not ready yet.

Old Git

Re: FA cup game to be played at BM

Post by Old Git » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:41 am

Some clarity on what is happening at least for this week. It will be at Blackwell as no surprise to read the Arena pitch not ready. Hoping that Quaker TV will be able to screen the game at a cost of £7.99.
Worry now is that this will be the norm for the foreseeable future. How viable it is we will have to see as season tickets holders will get league games for free. How many non season ticket holders will be prepared to pay £7.99 per game?

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:50 am

So we're starting the season, hoping that there will be financial support from the government (or Premier League) forthcoming.

It was always a hope that fans would be allowed back in from the 1st October. Surely some financial package could have been arranged weeks ago in case that wasn't allowed and clubs had to play behind closed doors, rather than being in the farcical situation where we are 6 days from the start of the season and still none the wiser, with clubs being backed into a corner.

Anyway, be interesting to see what the live streaming is like. I'm sure it'll be a good quality product based on the other video output produced. Live streaming won't replace normal crowd income, but it may introduce some revenue streams we otherwise miss out on - exiled fans dotted around the country (and abroad when allowed) who can't get to home games normally, and I can see a scenario where we may make more money from away fans in a lot of games - hardly anyone brings anyone in this league, but we might be able to get more of their core home support signed up to stream a game.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:53 am

I’m genuinely surprised this is allowed? We must’ve asked the FA if it was ok I suppose, but I thought there are some pretty stringent rules with using more than one stadium. Perhaps it being the cup makes a difference.

Tbh if, as it looks to be the case, we might not have fans in the stadium at all this year, the arena might not happen at all. Senseless to pay for two stadiums if it’s all going to be behind closed doors, or capped so whichever stadium we are in hosts the same amount anyway.

I still can’t see how ‘non-elite’ teams can have 300 in and we can’t have at least 300 also. It’s literally safer than going to a pub and 300 makes it all feel a little less desolate.

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:57 am

Old Git wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:41 am
Some clarity on what is happening at least for this week. It will be at Blackwell as no surprise to read the Arena pitch not ready. Hoping that Quaker TV will be able to screen the game at a cost of £7.99.
Worry now is that this will be the norm for the foreseeable future. How viable it is we will have to see as season tickets holders will get league games for free. How many non season ticket holders will be prepared to pay £7.99 per game?
As a season ticket holder who gladly let the club keep the money related to last seasons early finish , contributes to BTB like most season ticket holders I am slightly miffed that I note the club anticipate & expect me to again let the club keep my new season ticket money in return for Quaker TV package on a FA Cup closed doors tie on Saturday. I don't see how that is free Old Git? the club should be asking season ticket holders if we are okay with that instead of just assuming everyone is financially secure.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:01 am

H1987 wrote:I’m genuinely surprised this is allowed? We must’ve asked the FA if it was ok I suppose, but I thought there are some pretty stringent rules with using more than one stadium. Perhaps it being the cup makes a difference.
If the stadium isn’t ready, we can’t play there. Simple as that. Not much different to Harrogate playing at another ground until their home stadium is ready.

Once the Arena is ready, I would imagine we’ll be there for the remainder of the season.

If you bin the Arena idea now, in a few months the situation may have eased and we might be able to get fans in later in the season. In that instance, you’d want the Arena available as an option, as we can hold way more fans there.

Plus I suspect DJ wants to at least trial playing there to see if fans prefer it to Blackwell. If he can get better commercial arrangements and frankly an easier working relationship with Mowden, I’d be amazed if a more permanent move wasn’t at the very least explored.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

darlobaz791

Post by darlobaz791 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:10 am

Id be really surprised if there’s not another email comes out to ask if you are happy with the trade off of Quaker TV for your season ticket. After all in consumer law, you can’t order a product and have it replaced by a quite different product without consenting to that change.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:11 am

Old Git wrote:
How many non season ticket holders will be prepared to pay £7.99 per game?
Providing I am not working on the days of home games and we still can't attend, me and my Dad will be paying the £7.99 per game.

Can't justify the £159 season pass though when I work 2 weekends a month though.

divas

Post by divas » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:20 am

eddie-rowles wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:57 am
I am slightly miffed that I note the club anticipate & expect me to again let the club keep my new season ticket money in return for Quaker TV package on a FA Cup closed doors tie on Saturday. I don't see how that is free Old Git? the club should be asking season ticket holders if we are okay with that instead of just assuming everyone is financially secure.
Where does it infer that the club expect to keep your full ST for you to be able to watch the FA Cup game on Saturday? The game will be chargeable for everyone as it’s a cup game where revenue is split with opposition

Once clarity is given from the league I expect the club will consult with all season ticket holders as to what the plans will be with a few different scenarios given (as no one knows even if we start under a certain set of restrictions, how long they’ll be in place for)

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:24 am

Old Git wrote:
I wouldn't think that many, unless of course you could split it with another family member.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:27 am

I will be buying the game this weekend anyway.

I do hope we get a season for obvious reasons, but also to ensure our players get paid. While I’d imagine most have other jobs, this will be a significant amount of their income.

We need support from the higher levels, obviously, but I still think we should also be allowed 300 in, if you’re allowing the level below to do it. The league needs to have that conversation with the authorities. 300 outdoors and distanced is clearly safe. We haven’t seen any spikes associated with games at the lower levels.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:35 am

H1987 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:27 am

I do hope we get a season for obvious reasons, but also to ensure our players get paid. While I’d imagine most have other jobs, this will be a significant amount of their income.

We need support from the higher levels, obviously, but I still think we should also be allowed 300 in, if you’re allowing the level below to do it. The league needs to have that conversation with the authorities. 300 outdoors and distanced is clearly safe. We haven’t seen any spikes associated with games at the lower levels.
Division below are allowed 600 currently.

We are elite though and they are not, which may mean if all local football is cancelled ours might stil lgo ahead. No idea how the club plan for this really, must be a real stress on the boards.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:51 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:24 am
Old Git wrote:
I wouldn't think that many, unless of course you could split it with another family member.
Seriously??.Match price last season was £14 if I remember correctly.£7.99 to watch a game from the comfort of your armchair is an absolute bargain.No car parking,no overpriced pies,no standing in the rain or freezing your nuts off.Complete no brainer.
That said,I would 100% prefer to be watching from the tin shed.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:52 am

H1987 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:53 am
I’m genuinely surprised this is allowed? We must’ve asked the FA if it was ok I suppose, but I thought there are some pretty stringent rules with using more than one stadium. Perhaps it being the cup makes a difference
I'm not. We had permission to play at the arena on safety grounds for spectators.

If there are no safety concerns for spectators what is our justification to play at the Arena?

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:00 am

eddie-rowles wrote:
Old Git wrote:
As a season ticket holder who gladly let the club keep the money related to last seasons early finish , contributes to BTB like most season ticket holders I am slightly miffed that I note the club anticipate & expect me to again let the club keep my new season ticket money in return for Quaker TV package on a FA Cup closed doors tie on Saturday. I don't see how that is free Old Git? the club should be asking season ticket holders if we are okay with that instead of just assuming everyone is financially secure.
It is free in the sense that you are quite rightly been deemed as having already paid up front. Season ticket holders never get cup matches thrown in to the package. Very possibly the club will contact fans to see if they will want a refund but as stated they are very busy right now. When you bought your season ticket you must have been aware that there was a possibility that you would not be able to attend due to the virus.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:01 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:35 am
H1987 wrote:

We are elite though and they are not, which may mean if all local football is cancelled ours might stil lgo ahead. No idea how the club plan for this really, must be a real stress on the boards.
'Elite' status with a government support package but no fans is surely financially better at the moment than 'non-elite' status with season ticket holders (who have already paid) allowed in but no central financial support, particularly with increased social restrictions looking inevitable and whatever impact that may have on 'non-elite' sport.

(assuming there is indeed a support package on the way)

For what it's worth, I'm not a season ticket holder (purely becuase of the uncertainty around this season), but I will probably stream our game most weeks.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:18 am

al_quaker wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:01 am
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:35 am
H1987 wrote:

'Elite' status with a government support package but no fans is surely financially better at the moment than 'non-elite' status with season ticket holders (who have already paid) allowed in but no central financial support, particularly with increased social restrictions looking inevitable and whatever impact that may have on 'non-elite' sport.

(assuming there is indeed a support package on the way)

For what it's worth, I'm not a season ticket holder (purely becuase of the uncertainty around this season), but I will probably stream our game most weeks.
Tbh I can’t see why we can’t have a support package and allow in an albeit reduced, small crowd. It’s the same as supporting any business limited with low capacity at the moment.

Likewise with the streaming. I don’t exactly do a lot on my weekends right now anyway. I’m happy to pay that.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:27 am

H1987 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:18 am

Tbh I can’t see why we can’t have a support package and allow in an albeit reduced, small crowd. It’s the same as supporting any business limited with low capacity at the moment.

No me neither, but it seems thats the way it is heading at the moment. And even that seems unclear based on the governments apparent reluctance to provide the package and insistance it comes from the Premier League (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54322650)

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:20 am

divas wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:20 am
eddie-rowles wrote:
I am slightly miffed that I note the club anticipate & expect me to again let the club keep my new season ticket money in return for Quaker TV package on a FA Cup closed doors tie on Saturday. I don't see how that is free Old Git? the club should be asking season ticket holders if we are okay with that instead of just assuming everyone is financially secure.
Where does it infer that the club expect to keep your full ST for you to be able to watch the FA Cup game on Saturday? The game will be chargeable for everyone as it’s a cup game where revenue is split with opposition

Once clarity is given from the league I expect the club will consult with all season ticket holders as to what the plans will be with a few different scenarios given (as no one knows even if we start under a certain set of restrictions, how long they’ll be in place for)
sorry typed should have read "mentioned on"

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:33 am

are cup games allowed to be streamed though? its totally different to a league game and under a different set of rules?

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:41 am

A big blow that we're not allowed to stream abroad due to licensing, although in these times you'd hope this would be scrapped.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:49 am

Old Git wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:00 am
When you bought your season ticket you must have been aware that there was a possibility that you would not be able to attend due to the virus.
Unless he is a 500 club member of course.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:22 pm

Or she even.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:48 pm

All our questions answered in latest DJ interview, recommend all give it a listen, hectic work going on
https://darlingtonfc.co.uk/news/dj-talk ... g-the-club

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:52 pm

eddie-rowles wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:48 pm
All our questions answered in latest DJ interview, recommend all give it a listen, hectic work going on
We need to realise,if we don’t already, how lucky we are to have him. However grim and horrific it is going to be we will be in a better position than a lot of clubs thanks to his and the other board members work.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:21 pm

eddie-rowles wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:48 pm
Think we can all agree DJ and DFCSG are doing great work and we are thankful for all they do.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:34 pm

Emdubya wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:51 am
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:24 am
Old Git wrote:
Seriously??.Match price last season was £14 if I remember correctly.£7.99 to watch a game from the comfort of your armchair is an absolute bargain.No car parking,no overpriced pies,no standing in the rain or freezing your nuts off.Complete no brainer.
That said,I would 100% prefer to be watching from the tin shed.
yeap - I'm in. as an exile it's a great opportunity to watch the lads. suspect there's a good few others in a similar position.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:13 am

Can imagine a number of fans turning up at BM on Saturday with step ladders, periscopes and drones

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:18 am

jjljks wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:13 am
Can imagine a number of fans turning up at BM on Saturday with step ladders, periscopes and drones
Be a great way to get the game called off if they do. Drone in the sky is abandonment.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:43 am

jjljks wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:13 am
And end up being arrested?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!