Brackley v Darlo

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlopartisan
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Brackley v Darlo

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:51 pm

McMahon left for dead 1 down

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:52 pm

McMahon AWOL at right back

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:15 pm

We are much the better side but their direct, route one style is obviously effective.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:29 pm

LoidLucan wrote:We are much the better side but their direct, route one style is obviously effective.
Lots of nice one touch football but hardly tested their keeper yet.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:36 pm

I'm surprised anyone can knock the ball about on that pitch because it's terrible, so bobbly.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:38 pm

We could do with being more direct. We've had loads of the ball but are too elaborate and slow in the build-up. Looks like some of our recent home games, the Brackley defence defending deep and we are trying to thread the ball through the eye of needle again.

Cameraman is having the worst performance so far.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:02 pm

McMahon is having a nightmare

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:06 pm

Yarblockos wrote:We could do with being more direct. We've had loads of the ball but are too elaborate and slow in the build-up. Looks like some of our recent home games, the Brackley defence defending deep and we are trying to thread the ball through the eye of needle again.

Have we had a shot yet?

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:11 pm

No☹️

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:11 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:06 pm
Yarblockos wrote:We could do with being more direct. We've had loads of the ball but are too elaborate and slow in the build-up. Looks like some of our recent home games, the Brackley defence defending deep and we are trying to thread the ball through the eye of needle again.

Have we had a shot yet?

Nope, not a single shot, no threat in front of goal at all.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:21 pm

Really don't know what we are doing, we just keep refusing to put crosses in or shoot.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:23 pm

Yarblockos wrote:Really don't know what we are doing, we just keep refusing to put crosses in or shoot.
Surely Charman has to be on for Tyrone who has done nothing.

DARLODAH

Post by DARLODAH » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:29 pm

Dreadful.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:31 pm

Hell's tits, we just tried a shot!

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:35 pm

Not "transitioning" quickly enough. We keep possession but by passing sideways and back which gives them too much time to get back

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:37 pm

2 down what a waste of £4.99😬

Quakerlad

Post by Quakerlad » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:38 pm

That was woeful again. First shot after 80 mins. We are not physical enough to compete against better teams . Nice tappy Lappy football is getting us nowhere. We cannot Cross and cannot shoot. Please don’t say it’s a one off because it’s exactly the same game every time we play a strong physical team, clueless.
AA deserves some criticism too as he never tries anything different, no plan B. What has he seen in 7/8 games of O’Neill to prefer him to McGuire, charman or Campbell as centre forward.

darlo_baron

Post by darlo_baron » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:42 pm

Carbon copy of the home defeats this season. Poor goals conceded and good on the ball until we get into the final third.

If the opposition has a reasonable shape and gets an early lead, it's game over.
Craig Liddle is God!!

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:45 pm

Big, strong, solid, experienced, well-resourced Brackley just had too much for us after four hours on a coach. Our possession, passing football just fizzled out around the box.

Jersequaker

Post by Jersequaker » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:48 pm

And the timid tackle from Hunt for their 2nd.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:49 pm

Quakerlad wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:38 pm
That was woeful again. First shot after 80 mins. We are not physical enough to compete against better teams . Nice tappy Lappy football is getting us nowhere. We cannot Cross and cannot shoot. Please don’t say it’s a one off because it’s exactly the same game every time we play a strong physical team, clueless.
AA deserves some criticism too as he never tries anything different, no plan B. What has he seen in 7/8 games of O’Neill to prefer him to McGuire, charman or Campbell as centre forward.
Totally agree with this.And would someone PLEASE explain the love affair with Sousa because I’m just not getting it.

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:49 pm

Too lightweight in midfield again today, we really need three solid players in there for it to work. Hatfield, Wheatley and Holness works well but without this three we get overrun, especially against better teams. We can't expect the same midfield to perform equally against Blyth at home and Brackley away, we have an abundance of strikers but not enough solid central midfielders. When we have 3 attacking midfielders and a strikers they can just sit back and soak it up and then run straight through us.

Also, can someone explain what Storey has done wrong? Why he isn't playing when we only have one other fit centre back is baffling. He's a first choice for me as he offers way more than Laing or Reid in that position.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:51 pm

As the game wore on it became obvious that we weren't going to create anything but seems we had no other options. Tedious by the end. Teams that defend deep, keep Sousa well shackled, and of course get an early lead, appear impossible for us to crack.

No doubt that away at Brackley will be one of the toughest games we'll face this season, and no disgrace to lose really, but we are looking short when measured up against the contenders this season. We need to play Blyth every week.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:51 pm

I think we are way to slow in our approach play, by the time we’ve got it to the half way line (after 4 or 5 ) cross field balls there defence is all set up, it drives me nuts , time and time again tonight.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:51 pm

Absolutely shite going forward, more arsed about playing one touch football rather than taking a shot.

Been the same story over and over again this season.

Quakerlad

Post by Quakerlad » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:57 pm

Instead of another forward surely we need a physical, big strong centre half and a proper creative midfielder. AA clearly has gone off Storey which is unjust to me but while I like Hunt he is not the big dominant, nasty type of centre half our successful teams have had in the past. I would have had Joe Tait in the summer, mistake there AA to me.
Realistically we have won 4/11 league games if you include Boston and haven’t beaten any team currently in top half of table. Not good enough I’m afraid.

darlo_baron

Post by darlo_baron » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:00 pm

Emdubya wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:49 pm
Quakerlad wrote:
Totally agree with this.And would someone PLEASE explain the love affair with Sousa because I’m just not getting it.
Because the bloke is our joint top scorer with a nice amount of assists already. Clearly not the problem.
Craig Liddle is God!!

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:06 pm

Unfortunately have to agree with a lot of the negative comments on here. Powderpuff is how I would describe that performance. No good having plenty of possession and doing nothing with it. No shots No crosses No penetration No chance.
Every time we come against a strong physical team we get brushed aside far too easily. I was concerned about the lineup tonight with basically only 2 proper midfielders in Hatfield and Wheatley. Perhaps there was no choice if Holness and Hedley still injured and no sign of Atkinson so presumably could not make it.
Hudson could have been given a start if AA had wanted to play 3 in midfield but presumably decided against it. Not sure what the lad is doing here if he is not trusted to play as we really are not in a position to develop players who are not ready for first team selection.
Last edited by Old Git on Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:22 pm

I can't believe the lack of crosses game after game. It's not like we have no width.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:23 pm

Emdubya wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:49 pm
Quakerlad wrote:
He looks good on the ball and does tricks - the trouble is it doesn't seem to lead on to anything of note.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!