Farsley coverage

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Yarblockos
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Farsley coverage

Post by Yarblockos » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:13 pm

It this just a passing session for us?

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:16 pm

Time for change Armstrong.Start with your love chid Sousa.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:19 pm

Charman having a bit of a mare as well

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:20 pm

On the other hand Saltmer playing well

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:23 pm

They should have put the game to bed.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:30 pm

For a fiver I didn't expect Sky style coverage and apart from the poor camera angle, part of the pitch hidden behind the tunnel mesh, some celluloid terminator type moments, no commentary (and I can't do the darlo fans radio as it's miles out) it's been okay! Made me realise how very professional Quaker TV is. We looked sharp in the first half but we've really lost our way now. Anyone who doubted Saltmer, well, after his brilliant one on one saves tonight surely he's proving himself?

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:35 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:30 pm
For a fiver I didn't expect Sky style coverage and apart from the poor camera angle, part of the pitch hidden behind the tunnel mesh, some celluloid terminator type moments, no commentary (and I can't do the darlo fans radio as it's miles out) it's been okay! Made me realise how very professional Quaker TV is. We looked sharp in the first half but we've really lost our way now. Anyone who doubted Saltmer, well, after his brilliant one on one saves tonight surely he's proving himself?
Saltmer MOM

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:37 pm

We don’t look bothered

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:37 pm

The kit is mint.

Not much else to add :lol: but I assume that’s the one we didn’t choose in the summer. Some collectors item if the club sell em off.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:38 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:37 pm
We don’t look bothered
I’m starting to not be. Seasons going nowhere. No way we can claw back up the table with the pile up we have. Constant stop start nonsense of a year.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:41 pm

H1987 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:38 pm
Darlopartisan wrote:
We don’t look bothered
I’m starting to not be. Seasons going nowhere. No way we can claw back up the table with the pile up we have. Constant stop start nonsense of a year.
Agree with that.Dear Boris,bin football now.

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:42 pm

Predictably toothless stuff again

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:43 pm

Our delivery of the ball into the box was absolutey appalling. No wonder we aren't a threat.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:45 pm

Perhaps we could end the season more efficiently by just ending every match 1-0 when we fall behind. Less fatigue for players overall, and given we will inevitably lose from the moment we concede we might as well. The Brackley game would have been much less tiring for the lads if we'd just packed it in after 27 seconds.

feethamslad

Post by feethamslad » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:47 pm

Well that was poor (again!). Lots of pretty passing football with no end result.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:47 pm

The only benefit was Farsley getting some money from the stream. Awful second half. That omegastone advert behind the goal was MASSIVE!

darlo_baron

Post by darlo_baron » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:52 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:43 pm
Our delivery of the ball into the box was absolutey appalling. No wonder we aren't a threat.
Did we even try to cross the ball? If we have it out wide we just cut inside and then pass it nowhere.

Teams are happy for us to have the ball as they know they can easily defend our threat in the final third. It really is toothless stuff at the minute and worryingly it's the same every week.
Craig Liddle is God!!

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:53 pm

Emdubya wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:41 pm
H1987 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:38 pm
Darlopartisan wrote:
We don’t look bothered
Agree with that.Dear Boris,bin football now.
Me too - Beer Doris bin it now. I'm sure Steve Bruce would be happy.

feethams

Post by feethams » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:55 pm

Absolute joke tonight.

First off, Farsley's stream has to be the worst £5 i've ever spent in my life. As someone else has pointed out, makes you realise how well we have it with QTV.

Horrible quality.

Second only to our performance. First half we had the game under control but looked half asleep at the back. Fair play to Saltmer as he made some great one on one saves to keep it 0-0.

Once again it's just poor decision making in the final third. No-one seems to want to take control.

Rivers just seems to be getting worse. He gets knocked off the ball far too easily, and no idea why the lad can't put a simple cross in. I'd have him out the team in a flash.

The goal was a header from a free-kick. When we have Hunt & Reid at CB - we shouldn't be getting done for set pieces.

After that it was inevitable, we'd play the ball left to right, and allow them to get 11 men behind the ball and shut us down.

Pretty grim night all round.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:56 pm

Exactly the same as the Brackley game, loads of possession without looking like scoring.Charman and Campbell poor tonight, they were strong and organised at the back and still not convinced about our back 4, seriously lacking pace.Saltmer excellent and MOM by a country mile.Hatfield and Wheatley also had good games, Rivers had a very good second half, Sousa a good first half but our final ball nowhere near good enough.Really need Omar back ASAP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:57 pm

Rivers also repeatedly failed to control the ball with his first attempt. Once he's got it fine, but you can't have him playing a one two because he doesn't just take the return in his stride.

50 years

Post by 50 years » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:58 pm

AA continues with what is a 2 man midfield and in reality a 4 man forward line, and to be honest we have struggled in games with 2 there. Realise he is attack minded but currently it does not seem to work. I bet campbell is getting a bit peeved as he seems to be the first one subbed each time. At the moment I am not sure about Rivers as there is little end product from all his energy and skill.

A lot for AA to consider now, still think team is good enough for top half place but will struggle to get into top 7 on current form and format.

Two bad results just before cup game.😕

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:59 pm

We don’t seem to be learning anything from previous games, the pattern of play is just to predictable, getting so annoyed with it all.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:00 pm

50 years wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:58 pm
AA continues with what is a 2 man midfield and in reality a 4 man forward line, and to be honest we have struggled in games with 2 there. Realise he is attack minded but currently it does not seem to work. I bet campbell is getting a bit peeved as he seems to be the first one subbed each time. At the moment I am not sure about Rivers as there is little end product from all his energy and skill.

A lot for AA to consider now, still think team is good enough for top half place but will struggle to get into top 7 on current form and format.

Two bad results just before cup game.😕
Look, we aren't a top 7 team this season. We are mid table.

We also will not win that cup game.

Quakerlad

Post by Quakerlad » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:02 pm

darlo_baron wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:52 pm
Yarblockos wrote:
Did we even try to cross the ball? If we have it out wide we just cut inside and then pass it nowhere.

Teams are happy for us to have the ball as they know they can easily defend our threat in the final third. It really is toothless stuff at the minute and worryingly it's the same every week.
It’s the same every week that worries me. We learn nothing from the previous games and just have no plan B.

Surely tonight was perfect for Atkinson to play in midfield, protect the back 4 which AA says he is brilliant at doing, especially when the defence are all very slow. It then releases Hatfield to be box to box, at moment he is a shadow of last years player but it’s because he is only 1 of 2 midfielders most games. As good as he is he cannot do two jobs.

Change it please AA, try something different.

To end on a positive, Saltmer saved some certain goals tonight and was comfortably mom.

darlo_baron

Post by darlo_baron » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:02 pm

Campbell was desrvedly subbed. He was very very poor.

Having said that, I do agree he is usually the first to be chopped which often isn't fair.

I also think we leave our subs far too late. We are constantly chasing games at the minute but wait an age to do anything about it.
Craig Liddle is God!!

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:03 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
Doesn't matter how good the strikers are, if they don't get the service in the right areas then we will never be a goal threat.

darlo_baron

Post by darlo_baron » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:05 pm

darlo_baron wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:02 pm
Campbell was deservedly subbed. He was very very poor.

Having said that, I do agree he is usually the first to be chopped which often isn't fair.

I also think we leave our subs far too late. We are constantly chasing games at the minute but wait an age to do anything about it.
Craig Liddle is God!!

JE93

Post by JE93 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:07 pm

Getting very frustrating this. Unable to defend balls into the box from set peices (been our achilles heel for years since the Gray left) and similarly we pose little to no threat from our own set pieces, either poor delivery or noone putting themselves on the line to throw themselves at the ball. Very similar to the Bradford Park Avenue home game.

Positive of the night. Saltmer having his best game and most notable performance since the opening day FA Cup game. Credit to the lad kept us in the game when no one tracked the runners coming from deep.

We need to start controlling the midfield and that means dropping one of Sousa, Rivers or Campbell and putting in Holness or Atkinson instead. Too easy to just run through the gaping hole in the centre of the pitch whenever one of Hatfield or Wheatley are dragged out from deep. We need another CB with more pace if we're going to play with either Reid or Hunt. Playing them both is just offering teams the chance to run in behind. And for gods sake can we swing the ball into the box with some quality. Trying to work the ball in space that just wasn't there too many times in that second half.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:10 pm

Saltmer apart that was poor. Anyone still think we are serious playoff contenders ?
We are so predictable at the moment and most worryingly we only seem to have one way of playing. Tough conditions tonight but again we hardly troubled their keeper again. A A has to come up with some new ideas or we will remain too easy to play against.