It's time to go

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Fat josh
Team Supported: Darlington

It's time to go

Post by Fat josh » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:54 am

This forum serves no purpose anymore other than a mouthpiece for arena worshippers.....

About 25 pages of posts a year....

Lost all but 2 mods and board has about 5 posts a day

Most true darlo fans have long since left for pastures new...

Let it go
Close it down

No longer a part of my club.....

Bye bye
King of uncovered

Leader of the true fans against the Arena return resistance movement

Darlo_Pete

Re: It's time to go

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:21 am

This MB will be far better off without you. Uncovered has been around for years in this form & it's previous form of Rivals. There has been many ups & downs and this MB has always bounced back. Lack of any football means there has not been much to talk about, but that will change. I for one will not miss your rants, as I am sure will many others. It's good to hear of your departure if true.

DarloJason

Post by DarloJason » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:11 am

Fat josh wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:54 am
This forum serves no purpose anymore other than a mouthpiece for arena worshippers.....

Let it go
Close it down

Bye bye
It’s been lovely knowing you, all the best for the future.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:53 am

Fat josh wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:54 am

Let it go
Close it down

Bye bye
Bye then :wave:

Earl_Lee_Dawes

Post by Earl_Lee_Dawes » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:30 pm

Goodbye you fat tw*t. You won't be missed..

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:36 pm

Now you have gone it will pick up again, your one of the reasons it went downhill, muppet fat Josh.
BYE.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:46 pm

In my experience you always know when someone’s an attention seeking twat when they announce that they’re leaving!

He’s right many others have left over the years and the forum isn't as busy but they just go quietly...

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:44 pm

So this thread is not about Barwick quitting the NL Board? Nice to have some good news though!😁

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:41 pm

jjljks wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:44 pm
So this thread is not about Barwick quitting the NL Board? Nice to have some good news though!😁
ttps://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/lates ... g3b44ArCX4

JE93

Post by JE93 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:06 pm

spen666 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:41 pm
jjljks wrote:
Shouldn't be afforded the luxury of going on his terms. Hope the vote of no confidence passes and he and the board can be dismissed. For their part in the awful management decisions we've seen this season.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:43 pm

:wtf:
spen666 wrote:
jjljks wrote:
Cheers Spen, just hope the rest of the numpties get the message & follow Barwick's example.

bga

Post by bga » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:24 pm

JE93 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:06 pm
spen666 wrote:
jjljks wrote:
Shouldn't be afforded the luxury of going on his terms. Hope the vote of no confidence passes and he and the board can be dismissed. For their part in the awful management decisions we've seen this season.
On our Official site we merely re-produce the rose tinted press release issued by the NL. Think we have missed an opportunity to inform the fans whether or not we have signed the "No Confidence letter" given the deadline has now passed.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:10 pm

This really takes the biscuit :thumbdown: The first time he's spoken for about a year and it's to say he's going to split. Then we get some OTT propaganda about how amazing he is.

At best, over the last year he's overseen a multitude of cockups - however some might say the dodgy handling of £11,000,000 and the suppression of a report that should have been made public amounts to more.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:06 pm

Would not be surprised if NL Board suggests clubs contribute to his leaving present. Theoriginalfatcat is spot on about his incompetency, aided & abetted by his cronies on the Board. They should go too

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:54 am

Hopefully the NL clubs go ahead with no confidence vote and he is ousted before the season ends to hammer home the point how inept and incompetent he is/was. At the same time getting rid of Mark Ives Mr "Eh Emm I cannot be blamed for previous errors".

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:59 am

And "Eh Hmm - I cannot be blamed for mine either"
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:25 am

bga wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:24 pm
On our Official site we merely re-produce the rose tinted press release issued by the NL. Think we have missed an opportunity to inform the fans whether or not we have signed the "No Confidence letter" given the deadline has now passed.

Its probably a very sensible approach by the club for a number of reasons which may include:

1. If club launched a public attack on NL Board as you seem to want, then clubs doing this could leave themselves open to a charge of bringing game in disrepute. Airing grievances via social media is not the proper way to do it. Better to say nothing

2. If club did launch a public attack, and the Vote of No Confidence failed to get necessary support, then club would have potentially made enemies of those still in charge of NL

As the saying goes, there is more than one way to skin a cat, and I am sure those in charge of running the better run clubs are speaking and working together on this sort of thing.

There will be lots being done by sensible CEOs behind the scenes and not done for media attention

bga

Post by bga » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:43 am

spen666 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:25 am
bga wrote:

Its probably a very sensible approach by the club for a number of reasons which may include:

1. If club launched a public attack on NL Board as you seem to want, then clubs doing this could leave themselves open to a charge of bringing game in disrepute. Airing grievances via social media is not the proper way to do it. Better to say nothing

2. If club did launch a public attack, and the Vote of No Confidence failed to get necessary support, then club would have potentially made enemies of those still in charge of NL

As the saying goes, there is more than one way to skin a cat, and I am sure those in charge of running the better run clubs are speaking and working together on this sort of thing.

There will be lots being done by sensible CEOs behind the scenes and not done for media attention
DJ has already been on Social Media (Club site) bemoaning the lack of Governance at NL Board level. I merely want to know whether we have signed the letter. I don't want/need to know all the details behind that decision at this stage.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:21 pm

bga wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:43 am
spen666 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:25 am
bga wrote:

DJ has already been on Social Media (Club site) bemoaning the lack of Governance at NL Board level. I merely want to know whether we have signed the letter. I don't want/need to know all the details behind that decision at this stage.

His comments on social media were very careful and measured. He has acted sensibly and prudently and in the best long term interests of the club. Trust in him to reveal the vote and reasons behind it when it best suits the interests of the club.

Fans desires to know are sometimes not the same as what is in best interests of the club.

wizardofos

Post by wizardofos » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:42 am

I doubt if there's a queue of more competent people waiting to fill any vacancies on the National League Board.
Why the hell would anyone want to do it anyway?

The outcome is more likely to echo The Who's wise words: "Meet the new boss.....

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:31 am

17 clubs have signed the letter so it looks like an EGM will be held, whereby an awful lot of grievances will no doubt be aired.

I reckon thee won't be enough votes to force the board out but there should be enough (maybe about a third) to make them want to step down, because to run an organisation where you know that a good number of members think you are useless - well, it's not a good look.

And I don't agree with the sentiments in the post above, at present we have a bad group of people in who are either bit by bit resigning, or clinging on. They've shown they are incompetent, get rid and replace.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!