Hazel and Sukar

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

darloed19
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:25 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Hazel and Sukar

Post by darloed19 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:33 pm

What was said regarding these 2 players as the microphone was very fuzzy when this question was asked?

Old Git
Posts: 3139
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hazel and Sukar

Post by Old Git » Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:00 pm

Didn’t pick up anything regarding Hazel, but Sukar back in the squad tomorrow from what I could understand.

darloed19
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:25 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hazel and Sukar

Post by darloed19 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:14 pm

Hopefully someone that was there can clarify

darlo_baron
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:28 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hazel and Sukar

Post by darlo_baron » Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:44 am

Gowling was basically asked, in general, about the perceived “isolation” of players, including these two but with a particular focus on Sukar.

Hazel wasn’t really given much depth, as he’s only missed one squad but he did talk about Sukar.

First of all, he stated that he does not isolate players without conversations as to why. Said that players aren’t actually isolated, as they continue to train, and he’s in dialogue with them about what he thinks they need to improve etc. Players not playing who aren’t injured are likely to go on loan.

In respect to Sukar, he said that he had a challenging game against Tamworth and thought it was the right time to pull him out at the time. He’s back in the squad tomorrow and Gowling said that he’s trained well throughout his time out the team.
Craig Liddle is God!!

User avatar
grimsbyquaker
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:03 pm
Team Supported: Darlington FC
Location: 53°22'N, 0°01'W

Re: Hazel and Sukar

Post by grimsbyquaker » Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:43 pm

Looked like Hazel waved us farewell today as he was subbed and then the way he approached us at the final whistle. Sukar had a good game today. I still think he has future leadership potential

onewayup
Posts: 2823
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hazel and Sukar

Post by onewayup » Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:16 pm

I am of the opinion that hazel be given the chance to partner asanti up front,my take on this is Hazel scores 20 goals while he has Becky as a foil getting the ball into the areas that hazel can run on to the ball , you don't become a bad striker there's a reason.that is my thoughts on Hazel's situation..I would certainly give them both a chance to work together, I believe it would reap goals for the club.ijust believe josh has to give it a shot.

Quakers2009
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed May 24, 2023 4:37 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hazel and Sukar

Post by Quakers2009 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:19 pm

onewayup wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:16 pm
I am of the opinion that hazel be given the chance to partner asanti up front,my take on this is Hazel scores 20 goals while he has Becky as a foil getting the ball into the areas that hazel can run on to the ball , you don't become a bad striker there's a reason.that is my thoughts on Hazel's situation..I would certainly give them both a chance to work together, I believe it would reap goals for the club.ijust believe josh has to give it a shot.
IF Hazel was saying goodbye at the game today then I’d imagine he is off.

Although Stoddart has tweeted and indicated that Nelson’s red-card has changed the landscape (regarding Hazel’s departure).

So who knows? I can’t keep up with this revolving door madness.

Old Git
Posts: 3139
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hazel and Sukar

Post by Old Git » Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:48 am

It might be just a matter of finances. DJ indicated at the forum that we were over budget and some players would have to be moved on. Therefore, maybe the only way we could afford to sign Asante was because there is a prospective deal on the table from another club for Hazel.

AndyPark
Posts: 12158
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Hazel and Sukar

Post by AndyPark » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:22 am

When Hazel was subbed yesterday, he was waving at the away fans. I got the feeling that was his way of saying goodbye though.

Thought Sukar looked decent enough yesterday.

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 2461
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hazel and Sukar

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:41 pm

Andy, that's the way me and Grimsby Quaker read it too. The 3 of us can't be wrong!

Ghost_Of_1883
Posts: 1517
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hazel and Sukar

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:40 pm

grimsbyquaker wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:43 pm
Looked like Hazel waved us farewell today as he was subbed and then the way he approached us at the final whistle. Sukar had a good game today. I still think he has future leadership potential
:shock:

Come off it man. How has Sukar been turned into this iconic figure? He's a bang average NLN defender (at best) who in his defence at least works hard. So there is that. Although, Bobby Moore he is not.

He is part of an absolutely garbage squad of players.

Remember we just lost 8-0.

Some impressive results in our favour are needed to bury that result. Waiting in anticipation...

Darlofan97
Posts: 5678
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hazel and Sukar

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:08 pm

Sukar wasn’t in the squad when we lost 8-0.

Nobody is saying Sukar is excellent, far from it. However, what people do recognise is that he is decent, still got time to develop further & picked up the Managers’ Player of the Year Award last season.

He isn’t one Gowling should have been looking to get rid of, and this situation has been symptomatic of Gowling’s time here.

Poor man-management.

Ghost_Of_1883
Posts: 1517
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hazel and Sukar

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:22 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:08 pm
Sukar wasn’t in the squad when we lost 8-0.

Nobody is saying Sukar is excellent, far from it. However, what people do recognise is that he is decent, still got time to develop further & picked up the Managers’ Player of the Year Award last season.

He isn’t one Gowling should have been looking to get rid of, and this situation has been symptomatic of Gowling’s time here.

Poor man-management.
I'll just re-iterate that we have an absolutely garbage squad of players.

They can prove me wrong if they like, and I'll be happy to be mocked about my lack of knowledge at that time.

Darlofan97
Posts: 5678
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hazel and Sukar

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:30 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:22 pm
Darlofan97 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:08 pm
Sukar wasn’t in the squad when we lost 8-0.

Nobody is saying Sukar is excellent, far from it. However, what people do recognise is that he is decent, still got time to develop further & picked up the Managers’ Player of the Year Award last season.

He isn’t one Gowling should have been looking to get rid of, and this situation has been symptomatic of Gowling’s time here.

Poor man-management.
I'll just re-iterate that we have an absolutely garbage squad of players.

They can prove me wrong if they like, and I'll be happy to be mocked about my lack of knowledge at that time.
It’s a common misconception that, just because we are bottom of the league & have been terrible since January, that all the players are bad.

A lot of them performed well over a number of years before this terrible run started.

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 6655
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hazel and Sukar

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:39 pm

With hindsite it would seem that a good number of the players left from last season were carried to a certain extent by the star players that left.

In theory, and with a couple of additions they could have moulded into a mid table team but events with A.A, and now with J.G. have thrown a spanner in the works.

It's a crap situation.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 2798
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hazel and Sukar

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:36 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:08 pm
Sukar wasn’t in the squad when we lost 8-0.

Nobody is saying Sukar is excellent, far from it. However, what people do recognise is that he is decent, still got time to develop further & picked up the Managers’ Player of the Year Award last season.

He isn’t one Gowling should have been looking to get rid of, and this situation has been symptomatic of Gowling’s time here.

Poor man-management.
I'll just re-iterate that we have an absolutely garbage squad of players.

They can prove me wrong if they like, and I'll be happy to be mocked about my lack of knowledge at that time.
So are you saying Hatfield,Salkeld,Griffiths,Platt and Hazell are "utter garbage"....give over for gods sake.

Sent from my SM-A145R using Tapatalk


Ghost_Of_1883
Posts: 1517
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hazel and Sukar

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:26 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:36 pm
So are you saying Hatfield,Salkeld,Griffiths,Platt and Hazell are "utter garbage"....give over for gods sake.

Sent from my SM-A145R using Tapatalk
So you've picked your favourite 5 players out of a garbage quality squad of around 25 players.

None of those players are garbage, you're right there, but we have too much mediocrity all around.

Platt and Griffiths you can file under bang average alongside others in the squad. They're...ok, alright...but...?

Hazel as much as I like him has done nothing this season. It' been painful to see him struggle so much generally. It may be because he didn't really have a close season break to recharge, but we are where we are with him.

Hatfield is quality.

Salkeld has loads of potential but I don't think we or he are sure of his best position yet. I think he could end up being player of the season though.

But that's 1 quality player + 1 potential quality player + 2 alright players + 1 player who has regressed badly out of a squad of 25ish players.

I'm not including any of the recent permanent signings because they haven't been here long enough to prove how good they are.

We need to face facts. The summer recruitment was poor and the squad overall is at worst dogshit and at best average. Look at the table and our goal difference.

And it's not as if we've had a crushing injury crisis either, like we've had in some other seasons causing us to have a poor start.

We've lost 4-0, 4-0, 5-0 and 8-0 already this season and aren't 20 matches in yet, despite having a relatively full squad to choose from at all times. :roll:

On the other hand our 3 wins this season have been scraping home by 1 goal in tight encounters, this is not a good sign, when we regularly get battered.

The table doesn't lie and you're sitting there telling me to "give over for gods sake". Well...likewise.

The_Natural
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:38 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hazel and Sukar

Post by The_Natural » Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:29 pm

Alun Armstrong...........take a bow !

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 7062
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hazel and Sukar

Post by loan_star » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:22 pm

So Hazel has his move lined up and now risks it falling through as now he’s still needed here. What a way to treat a player, tell him he’s not needed then expect him to risk missing out on his move….

Ghost_Of_1883
Posts: 1517
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hazel and Sukar

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:27 pm

The_Natural wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:29 pm
Alun Armstrong...........take a bow !
God you're obsessed! :lol:

Darlofan97
Posts: 5678
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hazel and Sukar

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:40 pm

loan_star wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:22 pm
So Hazel has his move lined up and now risks it falling through as now he’s still needed here. What a way to treat a player, tell him he’s not needed then expect him to risk missing out on his move….
Unbelievable.

For a manager with a psychology degree, he has handled some of the players absolutely terribly.

And people wonder why we lost 8-0 the other night.

darlo reborn
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hazel and Sukar

Post by darlo reborn » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:06 am

Do you know for certain he has a move lined up and how are you so certain of the conditions of that move. People speculate too much on this message board

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 7062
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hazel and Sukar

Post by loan_star » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:49 pm

darlo reborn wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:06 am
Do you know for certain he has a move lined up and how are you so certain of the conditions of that move. People speculate too much on this message board
I know enough to confirm that he was expecting Scunthorpe to be his last game, that he said his goodbyes to his team mates afterwards and took his shirt and boots home.

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 2372
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hazel and Sukar

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:04 pm

Or another cost cutting exercise-clean your own boots and kit?!

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 7062
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hazel and Sukar

Post by loan_star » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:08 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:04 pm
Or another cost cutting exercise-clean your own boots and kit?!
Something Gary the kit man does for all the players, cleans and stores their boots, as well as sorting out the washing.

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 2372
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hazel and Sukar

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:14 pm

Sorry perhaps a laughing emoticon would have helped.

User avatar
CrazyDarlo
Posts: 1182
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:22 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Thirsk

Re: Hazel and Sukar

Post by CrazyDarlo » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:15 pm

loan_star wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:22 pm
So Hazel has his move lined up and now risks it falling through as now he’s still needed here. What a way to treat a player, tell him he’s not needed then expect him to risk missing out on his move….
Absolutely nothing wrong with holding off on the move while Asante builds his fitness and Nelson is suspended. Hazel will continue to be professional no doubt.

Ghost_Of_1883
Posts: 1517
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hazel and Sukar

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:16 pm

loan_star wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:08 pm
don'tbuythesun wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:04 pm
Or another cost cutting exercise-clean your own boots and kit?!
Something Gary the kit man does for all the players, cleans and stores their boots, as well as sorting out the washing.
He shouldn't need to do that. The players should be washing their own kits and boots with their own tears, after that 8-0 shoeing.

Emdubya
Posts: 1110
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hazel and Sukar

Post by Emdubya » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:55 pm

darlo reborn wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:06 am
Do you know for certain he has a move lined up and how are you so certain of the conditions of that move. People speculate too much on this message board
This^.Too many pisspoor maths students on here who see 2+2 and come up with 6,7 or 8.Guesstimating s*** stirrers.

LoidLucan
Posts: 4488
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hazel and Sukar

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:56 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:16 pm
loan_star wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:08 pm
don'tbuythesun wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:04 pm
Or another cost cutting exercise-clean your own boots and kit?!
Something Gary the kit man does for all the players, cleans and stores their boots, as well as sorting out the washing.
He shouldn't need to do that. The players should be washing their own kits and boots with their own tears, after that 8-0 shoeing.
I don't know what you're getting so arsey about. You did say:

Farsley A
Peterborough A
Chester H
Chorley A
Warrington H
Rushall H

For me, we need a minimum of 8 points, which would be 2 wins, 2 draws, and 2 defeats. Or 3 wins and 3 defeats giving 9 points. Both scenarios should be realistic if we have any fight about us I think, and would give enough reason to believe we have a chance of getting out of this mess. Beating that points haul would be a huge boost as well.


We're well on track for your minimum target. Somehow the little matter of an eight-niller seems to have sent you doolally. Mind, I did say you'd crack long before your six games were up... even though the lads seem to have done you proud so far :D

Post Reply