Yet another sub-standard performance tonight.

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Yet another sub-standard performance tonight.

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:21 pm

We were very poor tonight and York were no better, I bet Premier Sports were thrilled that they picked our game. Defensively we were ok, but nothing going forward. In fact their keeper didn't have to make a single save in the second half. If we can't start turning these draws into wins then we've no chance of making the play-offs. Great support for the team tonight, better than they probably deserved.

wylam_rangers

Re: Yet another sub-standard performance tonight.

Post by wylam_rangers » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:26 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:We were very poor tonight and York were no better, I bet Premier Sports were thrilled that they picked our game. Defensively we were ok, but nothing going forward. In fact their keeper didn't have to make a single save in the second half. If we can't start turning these draws into wins then we've no chance of making the play-offs. Great support for the team tonight, better than they probably deserved.
Sober up Pete :thumbdown:

1Superlidds

Post by 1Superlidds » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:28 pm

our problem was too much over the top stuff against a team with too much height advantage, when we got the ball through to G Smith and Terry we looked threatening. Also for much of the game they double marked Hatch who was our only aerial threat. We bossed the first hour but they really hit us for a good 20 mins in the second though probably only really threatened on 2 occasions to be fair.
Not the most pleasant 90 mins I have spent stood on a terrace I have to say!
click on Facebook PIMM Productions for the latest on Darlo Till I Die

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:31 pm

Do you ever stop moaning? We weren't very poor at all, it was a game where both teams cancelled each other out. Both teams didn't really have many clear cut chances. Away to York, a team who went to the playoff final last season, a strong squad on their own patch. I think most people would of taken a point before tonight. It's better than a defeat at the end of the day and keeps the unbeaten run going which can only help the team's confidence. We obviously have to improve up top but win your home games and draw your away ones you won't be far away come the end of the season.
Last edited by quakersam on Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

saint crow
Team Supported: Darlington & Southampton

Post by saint crow » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:32 pm

Only Senior and Hone stood out for me.
We need a more creative player in midfield. Senior made some great intelligent runs only for the pass to be made behind him, or stoopidly far in front of him, or just simply not to him at all.
We couldn't all be cowboys......some of us are clowns!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:35 pm

I can't believe that anybody was impressed with how we played, we were poor as were York. I don't think any of the other Conference sides that watched that, will have been too worried by what they saw from either team.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:38 pm

I dunno, we looked solid, and we've only lost 1 in 12.

Ian Snodin said at the end of the match that he felt Darlo were more likely to be in the shake up than York at the end of the season.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

RenoRaines

Post by RenoRaines » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:51 pm

If you look at it positively we are unbeaten away. 6 games and 6 points. Ok we should have won a few of these but you cannot have everything. At least we are winning/drawing and not losing. I am sure Cooper sees what we see. He has done well but still people moan. It's about time Darlo fans got real. Look at Luton - massive crowds loads of money and still crap. We are doing ok on a shoestring.

Get behind the club, players and manager. If the last admin did not teach you how lucky we are to still have a club you should take up another sport.

3pts on Saturday and we are still on track!

Come on Darlo!
Reno Raines

1Superlidds

Post by 1Superlidds » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:25 am

nobody is saying they were impressed with it DP
click on Facebook PIMM Productions for the latest on Darlo Till I Die

Darlo_James

Post by Darlo_James » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:40 am

Add to the fact both teams played on saturday afternoon aswell, didnt give them long to recover for the next game

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:19 am

Come the end of the season, it will be another game that we'll look back on and say, that we probably should have won and didn't.

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:50 am

Having watched the match via a live stream on the net (thanks boss for letting me off at 4 like you said so i could get to London to watch it in a pub with other fans!!!!!!!!! :thumbdown: ) i thought we were lucky to get away with a point. York had us under pressure for long periods in the second half and had two clear cut chances they really should have taken. For the second thier big defender had so much time he could have had a brew and a fag and still picked his spot!
It seemed a very defensive game and York doubled up on Hatch(who had a poor game) we looked better when we got it down and tried to pierce thier defence with balls to Senior or Main. It seemed at times that both defenses were on top, with McGurk for York and Austin for us dealing with the main attacking threst on either side. Darlo created a few decwent chances but the best went to York. I think we got a decent heard earned point away form home against a decent side at this level.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:05 am

You must of been drunk last night Peter, as I thought it was a point gained rather than 2 points lost.

Ned_Flanders

Post by Ned_Flanders » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:08 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:We were very poor tonight and York were no better, I bet Premier Sports were thrilled that they picked our game. Defensively we were ok, but nothing going forward. In fact their keeper didn't have to make a single save in the second half. If we can't start turning these draws into wins then we've no chance of making the play-offs. Great support for the team tonight, better than they probably deserved.

Pete , when you wobbled past us at half time you could hardly see which way you were walking ! :lol:

divas

Post by divas » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:35 am

MKDarlo wrote: For the second thier big defender had so much time he could have had a brew and a fag and still picked his spot!
And that much time to bring it down with his hand too - i'd have been livid if that had gone in and had been allowed.

rj50

Post by rj50 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:40 am

Not many teams will get anything at York,more than happy with a point.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:41 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:Come the end of the season, it will be another game that we'll look back on and say, that we probably should have won and didn't.
No it won't. These are the matches when we say it's a point gained, rather than a point lost!

Your perspective baffles me sometimes. Had you said the same about Bath etc... I would have agreed with you. But I think everyone going into this game realised that getting a point away to York who made the Play Off Final last year, is far from a terrible result.

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:34 am

I didn't think it was a particularly bad game, but draw was a fair result. It's a shame we couldn't keep the pressure on where we bossed it for the first 15 mins of the 2nd half, we just tailed off in the end.

One thing that did piss me off was the completely shite final ball. I counted at least 6 times where the ball wasn't even close to it's intended target. We're lacking the cutting edge up there, and that will ultimately cost us.
Mullet69uk on Twitter

divas

Post by divas » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:37 am

Mullet69 wrote:One thing that did piss me off was the completely sh**e final ball. I counted at least 6 times where the ball wasn't even close to it's intended target. We're lacking the cutting edge up there, and that will ultimately cost us.
Cooper is well aware and said as much at the end of the game - i imagine the couple of players he's trying to bring in will be with a view to rectifying this.

What i'm most pleased with is that he's managed to build us into an effective unit that works hard for each other and is hard to beat, especially given we've often only had 12 or 13 experienced players to choose from, which is the first step to building a successful team, he knows needs to add the extra quality, but its difficult on limited funding.

The team reminds me a fair bit of a Penney team, but without the excessive funding we dont have those standout players that can turn a game that Penney did, the likes of your Abbott's, Burgmeier's etc. At the moment Hatch is vital to us, which is why i think Cooper tried to protect him by bringing him off last night.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:42 am

I know it's only September but it's vital to our chances that we keep Hatch in January because I would hate to see us tail off towards the end of the season.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:23 am

Complete and utter bollocks. That is all.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:32 am

Werent you rolling around the terrace drunk Pete? :o

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:06 pm

Hilly wrote:I know it's only September but it's vital to our chances that we keep Hatch in January because I would hate to see us tail off towards the end of the season.
Agreed - But he has to put a shift in and stop the Alan Shearer esque appealing for a free kick everytime he comes into contact with an opposition defender. Stand your ground!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:57 pm

Shut up Pete.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

JE93

Post by JE93 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:49 pm

i think there were some shakey patches from both teams but its what you would expect at this level like some have said bootham cresent wont be the easiest place to go this season for any team so a piont is good 1 loss in 12 is also very positive and tbh we havent actually had that many games where i would say weve played to the standard that we could do. yet we're 6th promising start in my opinion