Sean Gregan - BRING HIM BACK!

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

uncovered
Site Admin

Sean Gregan - BRING HIM BACK!

Post by uncovered » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:46 am

Sean Gregan is available for transfer from Oldham after being unable to force his way into the team

http://www.darlofc.co.uk/news.php?NewsID=380

divas
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Sean Gregan - BRING HIM BACK!

Post by divas » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:59 am

A great interview with Sean that just goes to show what type of a person he is (even if it is all geared towards Preston in this particular piece).

http://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/big ... n_1_122843

kingkev

Post by kingkev » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:49 am

I think it would be great if sean gregan came back to replace paul terry in centre midfield i hope sean reads these and sees the fans want him back and hope mark copper would move to get him to come back to darlo.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:01 pm

I'm always reluctant when we're linked to former players. Just look at Appleby, Gaughan and so on. But on this occasion, I'd welcome him with open arms. Just what we need at this point in time. Although I do fear we'll not be able to afford his wages. I also think he'll end up finding another club in League one/ambitious league two. He's still at that level. Don't be surprised if Wadsworth makes a move.

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:01 pm

Would he sacrifice a paycut for lower league football, albeit first team football though?

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:08 pm

BishopQuaker wrote:Would he sacrifice a paycut for lower league football, albeit first team football though?
Perhaps for us if not for anyone else. Fingers crossed.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:12 pm

Is this just Scott seeing that he's been put on the transfer list and hoping he comes back to us or is there more substance to this story and the club are looking to try and bring him back tio the club?

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Post by cameron-darlo » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:13 pm

never saw him play, but judging by what you lot are saying, GET HIM IN!

divas

Post by divas » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:27 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Is this just Scott seeing that he's been put on the transfer list and hoping he comes back to us or is there more substance to this story and the club are looking to try and bring him back tio the club?
no.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:36 pm

mrcoops1984 wrote:We have too many central defenders/midfielders as it is without adding to them. If we bring in Gregan we should get shot of G.Smith.

Has Gregan got Facebook? Andy could always be tasked to try and sign him.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! WE GET THE FUCKING POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:28 pm

WOULD BE A GREAT SIGNING GREAT LEADER SHIP QUALITYS JUST WHAT WE NEED

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:25 pm

Craig09 wrote:WOULD BE A GREAT SIGNING GREAT LEADER SHIP QUALITYS JUST WHAT WE NEED

SteveSC

Post by SteveSC » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:47 pm

Love to see him back, but I'd be suprised to see it happen.

Wages are likely to be an issue, and I'm sure he feels (rightly or otherwise) that he can play a bit longer without going non-league. He might be prepared to drop to our level if there was some sort of coaching role involved to get him on the management ladder (if thats what he wants to do) - not sure if that would be possible with us - had things gone differently at the weekend may have been a possibility?

BP in Belper

Post by BP in Belper » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:41 pm

If Gregan returns you will be able to turn out a whole field full of donkeys! You lot obviously haven't seen him play in recent seasons. He makes Gary Strodder look like an electric hare. Forget Gregan, from what I read you've got enough comedic characters in your squad already.

we_8_poolie

Post by we_8_poolie » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:11 pm

Just the type of player to sit in front of the back 4 to release other midfielders to join the attack. Just the sort of player Cooper needs, big, strong, experienced with a bit of a mouth.

Get him in.

Fetish_bob
Team Supported: hartlepool

Post by Fetish_bob » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:38 pm

Ray Simpson - Saturday 22 October 2011:
"No doubt about it, Braintree are the better side"

Quakers outclassed by 'Essex pub team'Craig Stoddart Monday 24th October 2011

divas

Post by divas » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:46 pm

Fetish_bob wrote:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8156&hilit=gregan

Slow and past it
We have Kevin Austin who you could also fit in that bracket and he's not particularly struggled in the BSP - and Gregan has way more quality than him, even if he is a fair bit slower - he never used to be Linford anyway.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:03 am

I've never understood why he moved to midfield, for me he's always been a central defender.

If we got him back I'd have him in the heart of defence as Captain and as W8P said above the mouth of the team.

Bring him home!

shadwellman

Post by shadwellman » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:48 pm

Yes please and bring back Blakey with you.

PJPoolie
Team Supported: Pools

Post by PJPoolie » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:17 pm

Sean Gregan is now one the very worst players in the football league, he's been awful for years. Watching him trying to deal with James Brown at Boundary Park last season was painful, painfully funny actually. At one point he tried to bring the ball out of defence, ala Alan Hansen, and just fell over, he didn't stop at that he lumbered to his feet like a tired sloth and hacked down the Pools player who'd picked up the ball. The resulting free kick went in the top corner.

Fuck me he made Denis Behan look good. He's totally finished and needs to accept that.

Ned_Flanders

Post by Ned_Flanders » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:52 pm

PJPoolie wrote:Sean Gregan is now one the very worst players in the football league, he's been awful for years. Watching him trying to deal with James Brown at Boundary Park last season was painful, painfully funny actually. At one point he tried to bring the ball out of defence, ala Alan Hansen, and just fell over, he didn't stop at that he lumbered to his feet like a tired sloth and hacked down the Pools player who'd picked up the ball. The resulting free kick went in the top corner.

f*** me he made Denis Behan look good. He's totally finished and needs to accept that.

Are you judging him as a finished player because of a shocker against Pools ?

PJPoolie

Post by PJPoolie » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:01 pm

Ned_Flanders wrote:
PJPoolie wrote:Sean Gregan is now one the very worst players in the football league, he's been awful for years. Watching him trying to deal with James Brown at Boundary Park last season was painful, painfully funny actually. At one point he tried to bring the ball out of defence, ala Alan Hansen, and just fell over, he didn't stop at that he lumbered to his feet like a tired sloth and hacked down the Pools player who'd picked up the ball. The resulting free kick went in the top corner.

f*** me he made Denis Behan look good. He's totally finished and needs to accept that.

Are you judging him as a finished player because of a shocker against Pools ?
He's had about 10 shockers against Pools in recent years, consistently our man of the match!!

Charlie_Darlo

Post by Charlie_Darlo » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:25 pm

I still think he could do a job at this level. We could take him on loan until January to see if it works out.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:37 pm

If he is totally finished then why did he sweep the awards up at Oldham last year?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

PJPoolie

Post by PJPoolie » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:47 pm

Quakerz wrote:

If he is totally finished then why did he sweep the awards up at Oldham last year?
A lot of Oldham fans seem to love him but last season was one of the worst, dullest seasons they have ever had POTY often becomes a popularity contest when you have a bad season. As much as admire Ritchie Humphreys he's got a few cheap awards at Pools in his time.