Search found 2069 matches

by spen666
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:40 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Player update - Rose, Charman et al
Replies: 11
Views: 2166

Re: Player update - Rose, Charman et al

Yes it means that with a release clause in his contract any transfer fee may not be that high. That being the case it is all about the add ons we can negotiate with potential buyers. If a release clause is met I don't know that we can then negotiate further add ons? Kieran Maguire was on about this...
by spen666
Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:39 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Fans Forum Postponed
Replies: 45
Views: 4422

Re: Fans Forum Postponed

.... Selling the likes of rob lee for good money also helped but i get your point. The valleys now a smart ground, hard to imagine it was once condemmed It wasn't so much the money, it was getting the Council to back the return to Charlton. The Council were not supporting Charlton, hence the fans s...
by spen666
Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:50 am
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Fans Forum Postponed
Replies: 45
Views: 4422

Re: Fans Forum Postponed

We need the council on side, in fact a partnership with the council, to get a new ground. Until the people of Darlington elect some people that actually care about the club this will not happen. A good shout. Charlton Athletic did something along these lines by setting up "The Valley Party" and con...
by spen666
Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:42 am
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Fans Forum Postponed
Replies: 45
Views: 4422

Re: Fans Forum Postponed

... I know oxford dont own the ground but still Seems a odd move from a adequate ground thats barely 20 year old The lease is up on ground in 2026. Oxford are paying a large amount in rent every year ( £650k -£1.2m pa figures being quoted) Owner would like them to move so can redevelop site for hou...
by spen666
Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:29 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Fans Forum Postponed
Replies: 45
Views: 4422

Re: Fans Forum Postponed

Today, Oxford United have announced plans to move from the Kassam Stadium and build a new ground on edge of Oxford https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59936961 The relevance of this to Darlington is that Oxford are only tenants of the Kassam Stadium and their lease is up in 2026. They will get no m...
by spen666
Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:53 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Spennymoor game
Replies: 164
Views: 19843

Re: Spennymoor game

Re trouble today, Ask why Head of Safety from Spennymoor Town remains in post after repeated failures to ensure crowd safety? Vs Darlo 2 years ago Vs York City FC this season, & then todays farcical stewarding, especially when fans were segregated today. He is Unfit for Head of Safety Role Who is H...
by spen666
Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:54 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Spennymoor game
Replies: 164
Views: 19843

Re: Spennymoor game

Re trouble today,

Ask why Head of Safety from Spennymoor Town remains in post after repeated failures to ensure crowd safety?

Vs Darlo 2 years ago
Vs York City FC this season, & then todays farcical stewarding, especially when fans were segregated today.

He is Unfit for Head of Safety Role
by spen666
Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:21 am
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Spennymoor game
Replies: 164
Views: 19843

Re: Spennymoor game

There has been quite a lot of rain around today and possibly a bit more to come by Boxing Day. I assume that the drainage at the Brewery Field has improved since the work done to improve the pitch and the game will not be in any danger. It will take some waterlogging the pitch at Spennymoor with al...
by spen666
Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:00 am
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Spennymoor game
Replies: 164
Views: 19843

Re: Spennymoor game

There has been quite a lot of rain around today and possibly a bit more to come by Boxing Day. I assume that the drainage at the Brewery Field has improved since the work done to improve the pitch and the game will not be in any danger. It will take some waterlogging the pitch at Spennymoor with al...
by spen666
Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:32 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Games over festive period
Replies: 17
Views: 4453

Re: Games over festive period

New Years Day game got to be in doubt for spectators.

Hope announcements made soon, so unnecessary money is not wasted, eg catering , programmes etc
by spen666
Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:07 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Frank Mulhern
Replies: 2
Views: 2126

Re: Frank Mulhern

egrhtrjy wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:58 am
they would refuse permission to play him as part of a loan deal.
I think players on loan are not allowed to play against their parent club by FA rules
by spen666
Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:00 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Chester Away
Replies: 49
Views: 8944

Re: Chester Away

And so the Ellis injury saga continues. Initially it was some kind of abdominal strain, then a calf injury and now an ankle problem. Perhaps we are now beginning to see why Farsley were willing to let him go. working down the body? Metatarsal injury next? BTW Notice how metatarsal injuries are no l...
by spen666
Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:29 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Relegation places
Replies: 5
Views: 1803

Re: Relegation places

Beat me to it Gramps, copying my post from another thread: I see the FA have confirmed they're going ahead with the restructure of divisions to get the 2 step 2 divisions up to 24 clubs apiece and fill in the gaps in the pyramid left by Bury etc al. As such, just 1 team each will be relegated from ...
by spen666
Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:07 am
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Southport...
Replies: 82
Views: 9215

Re: Southport...

Gone as far as we can being a fan owned club. Can think of a few foreign clubs that are fan owned & did quite well for a while. Barcelona & Bundesliga clubs have shown what can be achieved (but I will settle for a competitve team with spirit, playing in our own stadium within Darlington BC boundary...
by spen666
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:06 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Defibrillator.
Replies: 11
Views: 1774

Re: Defibrillator.

Good question that. The ground grading does not require very much in terms of medical facilities for either players or spectators! There must be a suitably equipped medical treatment room for players located in the vicinity of the players’ dressing rooms. Access to this room must not be via the home...
by spen666
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:26 am
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Darlington Attendaces - One for the Oldies
Replies: 48
Views: 5172

Re: Darlington Attendaces - One for the Oldies

Things have changed and 'woke' generation would be appalled to think fans used to go tooled up with home-made wooden rattles and rosettes in club colours (no expensive replica shirts in 1950's). The vegans would be shocked at the number of pies & volumes of instant Bovril hot beef drinks consumed, ...
by spen666
Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:25 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Darlington Attendaces - One for the Oldies
Replies: 48
Views: 5172

Re: Darlington Attendaces - One for the Oldies

I was wrong about finishing bottom in season 1970/71 in fact we were a respectable 12th. However Tait did take over the club in 1970 so that probably was a factor. A few years before I started watching ( about 74 for me). What was the reason for Tait's unpopularity? He was unpopular because he sold...
by spen666
Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:57 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Darlington Attendaces - One for the Oldies
Replies: 48
Views: 5172

Re: Darlington Attendaces - One for the Oldies

LoidLucan wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:18 pm
Spen's just about as transparent as a sheet of clingfilm and as subtle as a bucket of s***.
Love you too darling ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
by spen666
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:42 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Darlington Attendaces - One for the Oldies
Replies: 48
Views: 5172

Re: Darlington Attendaces - One for the Oldies

Old Git wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:40 pm
I was wrong about finishing bottom in season 1970/71 in fact we were a respectable 12th.
However Tait did take over the club in 1970 so that probably was a factor.
A few years before I started watching ( about 74 for me). What was the reason for Tait's unpopularity?
by spen666
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:35 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Darlington Attendaces - One for the Oldies
Replies: 48
Views: 5172

Re: Darlington Attendaces - One for the Oldies

Not certain but I think 1970/71 was possibly the George Tait era. He was a very unpopular chairman who tried to run the club on a shoestring budget in the early 1970s and heralded in an era of turmoil on and off the pitch. Perhaps a lot of supporters were disillusioned and simply voted with their f...
by spen666
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:04 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Darlington Attendaces - One for the Oldies
Replies: 48
Views: 5172

Re: Darlington Attendaces - One for the Oldies

Saw a picture on Facebook showing results on 12 October 1968 Showing Darlington drew 0-0 with Rochdale in front of a crowd of over 7000. That season Darlington finished 5th, so just missed out on promotion and Rochdale went up, so fair to assume it was a top of the table clash. Further checks here ...
by spen666
Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:19 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Darlington Attendaces - One for the Oldies
Replies: 48
Views: 5172

Darlington Attendaces - One for the Oldies

Saw a picture on Facebook showing results on 12 October 1968 Showing Darlington drew 0-0 with Rochdale in front of a crowd of over 7000. That season Darlington finished 5th, so just missed out on promotion and Rochdale went up, so fair to assume it was a top of the table clash. Further checks here h...
by spen666
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:52 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Darlington v Hereford Saturday 9th October 2021
Replies: 66
Views: 9473

Re: Darlington v Hereford Saturday 9th October 2021

Old Git wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:40 pm
And your point is?
....
my point is so simple, even an old git like you might be able to grasp it
Gateshead attendances may be badly affected
by a resurgence of interest at Newcastle. given they are nearest club to Newcastle at Steps 1-4 of the Pyramid
by spen666
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:30 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Darlington v Hereford Saturday 9th October 2021
Replies: 66
Views: 9473

Re: Darlington v Hereford Saturday 9th October 2021

Definitely a problem for us as Darlo is full of mags. Always found it strange as it’s nearly 40 miles away but maybe something to do with the short train journey and the ‘entertainaz’ from the 90’s. I disagree, it may affect us slightly but our crowds usually hold up quite well despite how the mags...
by spen666
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:52 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Darlington v Hereford Saturday 9th October 2021
Replies: 66
Views: 9473

Re: Darlington v Hereford Saturday 9th October 2021

Definitely a problem for us as Darlo is full of mags. Always found it strange as it’s nearly 40 miles away but maybe something to do with the short train journey and the ‘entertainaz’ from the 90’s. I disagree, it may affect us slightly but our crowds usually hold up quite well despite how the mags...
by spen666
Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:02 am
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Shirt survey results
Replies: 11
Views: 1727

Re: Shirt survey results

Hope the consultation process is not too costly & eating into our club budget. Jumping through the hoops of surveys takes time & effort. My kids like alphabetti just as much as hoops. Why should there be any cost at all? it is quick and easy to set up a free online poll. Even which I doubt, there w...
by spen666
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:26 am
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Marske away in the Cup (if we beat Chester)
Replies: 36
Views: 7620

Re: Marske away in the Cup (if we beat Chester)

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:14 am
Jonno and Bernard receive vote of confidence from the Chester board.
sack incoming then?
by spen666
Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:59 pm
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Darlo v York
Replies: 69
Views: 12749

Re: Darlo v York

Those highlights sort of vindicated my judgment I reckon. It's a red card for me, but the penalty is incredibly generous as Beck is doing every bit as much leaning back into the player (and he has his arms wrapped around the defender. .. how he continually is allowed to do this, I do not know). The...
by spen666
Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:55 am
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Darlo v York
Replies: 69
Views: 12749

Re: Darlo v York

Those highlights sort of vindicated my judgment I reckon. It's a red card for me, but the penalty is incredibly generous as Beck is doing every bit as much leaning back into the player (and he has his arms wrapped around the defender. .. how he continually is allowed to do this, I do not know). The...
by spen666
Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:20 am
Forum: Virtual Feethams
Topic: Darlo v York
Replies: 69
Views: 12749

Re: Darlo v York

That referee was absolutely shocking. Spoilt the game. Absolutely, even the lino on seating stand side was shocking, shouting "man on" & almost coaching York .... I see/ hear that at a lot of non league games up and down the pyramid. I always thought the officials job was to apply the res, not give...