Is there still a seat on the interim board

Here lie questions that were posed to 1883 and have been answered. any further questions please visit www.darlington1883.co.uk

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

divas
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by divas » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:11 pm

after Tony Waters stood down?

If so hows about asking members of the CIC to stand for this place and have the other members vote?

I get the feeling some think it's a closed shop, what better way to dispell that myth and get people interested in the CIC?

Again, something that can be publicised that will also highlight the CIC without it sounding like "give us your money"

Let's see how many of those who think they can do a better job step up?

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:44 pm

I like this idea.

herts_darlo

Re: Is there still a seat on the interim board

Post by herts_darlo » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:50 pm

We will look at this - if there is anyone who thinks they have the relevant skills (and time!) in the immediate term then please email questions@savedarlo.org.

We have not yet finalised the practicalities of organising voting as there have been more pressing things we've had to deal with (and we thought the first real vote would be the AGM(s) in the late summer).

I'll give this some thought over the next few days.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:57 pm

Rather than just cast the net on here this is something we should be getting in the press. Like I say many think it's a closed shop so to have some exposure and a proper vote will banish those myths. I realise an AGM is the proper place for something like this but IMO it's an excellent opportunity that will see an increase in CIC membership

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:26 pm

divas wrote:Rather than just cast the net on here this is something we should be getting in the press. Like I say many think it's a closed shop so to have some exposure and a proper vote will banish those myths. I realise an AGM is the proper place for something like this but IMO it's an excellent opportunity that will see an increase in CIC membership
perhaps one seat for a trust member?

divas

Post by divas » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:30 pm

princes town wrote:
divas wrote:Rather than just cast the net on here this is something we should be getting in the press. Like I say many think it's a closed shop so to have some exposure and a proper vote will banish those myths. I realise an AGM is the proper place for something like this but IMO it's an excellent opportunity that will see an increase in CIC membership
Perhaps when they put their money in.

This is about promoting the CIC

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:06 pm

Defo when they put "their" money in. :crazy:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

herts_darlo

Post by herts_darlo » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:57 pm

We will be progressing this idea over the coming days, and there will be publicity surrounding this soon.

divas

Post by divas » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:26 pm

herts_darlo wrote:We will be progressing this idea over the coming days, and there will be publicity surrounding this soon.
Great news :thumbup:

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:46 pm

princes town wrote:

Just no!!! (Closed shop, left wing bollox)!!!

Democracy gone mad!!!

If there is a seat available, then it should be open to all 1883 CIC members!!!

And, as above, let's see the colour of their money first!!!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:17 pm

Even if not interested in standing, the chance to have a vote if you join up before 'x' date (x being election date) should hurry along some of those currently dragging their heels but intending to join. Myself included.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:32 pm

I, personally, think we should wait until the AGM to vote on a full board.

This can include any members of the trust board, providing the trust is a member of 1883 CIC or a direct shareholder of DFC 1883 Ltd.

In the meantime, we only need co-opt another board member as required per herts_darlo's post.

divas

Post by divas » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:44 pm

Fibonacci0112358 wrote:I, personally, think we should wait until the AGM to vote on a full board.

This can include any members of the trust board, providing the trust is a member of 1883 CIC or a direct shareholder of DFC 1883 Ltd.

In the meantime, we only need co-opt another board member as required per herts_darlo's post.
Yes but the whole point was to drum up interest in the CIC NOW!

As Spyman says, it'll prompt people to join and show it's not a closed shop which is the outcome i was hoping for when i suggested it.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:01 pm

divas wrote:
Fibonacci0112358 wrote:I, personally, think we should wait until the AGM to vote on a full board.

As Spyman says, it'll prompt people to join and show it's not a closed shop which is the outcome i was hoping for when i suggested it.

Yes, I understand what you are saying. But this is not a circus. We cannot have a vote for the sake of it, especially when there will be a full vote at the AGM in the summer.

Elections cost money! And I should think that they need to be independently verified.

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:47 am

Fibonacci0112358 wrote:
divas wrote:

Yes, I understand what you are saying. But this is not a circus. We cannot have a vote for the sake of it, especially when there will be a full vote at the AGM in the summer.

Elections cost money! And I should think that they need to be independently verified.
It's not about being a circus, it's about actually demonstrating to CIC members that their voice will count, really count.

The interim Board's task is an enormous and often thankless one. Every one of them is doing this for the right reasons, to keep DFC alive -but they can't do it alone. They could (always) do with more assistance and volunteers. Although there is no prescribed constitution of the Board at this time, a 'vacancy' was created once I resigned and this idea of Divas' sounds very plausible at first glance.

What more could people want than to have their own choice in who occupies that vacant seat? And if it pushes people into quickly reinvesting to have a say, then great.

I hope this is followed up - quickly. And I also hope that Divas puts himself forward for consideration, his energy, ideas and will to help would get my vote.

Tony
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

divas

Post by divas » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:55 am

Cheers for the kind words Tony. Just to be clear though this wasn't some idea cooked up to get myself onto the board. Like yourself it would be difficult to juggle with work commitments and while I'm always open to help just couldn't commit enough time at the moment. I have much admiration for the guys and girls who have been involved from the start of the RG to the current day, the workload must be immense, especially for those with FT jobs.

I see in the Echo this morning that the plan is to create a 5 man fans panel from members of the CIC which would hold regular meetings with Dennis and feed ideas and thoughts into the current board. I think it's a great idea and will give those who stand and are selected a taster so that when the AGM comes along they already have some understanding of what's required and can stand for election to the full board if they wish.

That's not to say I have an issue with the current board but I imagine there's some mental tiredness.

Tori_Gill
Team Supported: DFC

Post by Tori_Gill » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:07 pm

divas wrote:after Tony Waters stood down?

If so hows about asking members of the CIC to stand for this place and have the other members vote?

I get the feeling some think it's a closed shop, what better way to dispell that myth and get people interested in the CIC?

Again, something that can be publicised that will also highlight the CIC without it sounding like "give us your money"

Let's see how many of those who think they can do a better job step up?
There is no place on the board now until the AGM which is due to be held Aug/Sept.
Let's be proud of what we have achieved, Darlington Football Club needs to survive so let's all be in this together because this is your club now and your club needs you.